The Accident

Jealousy Overload

"Oppa! We'll never get our tickets! We've been waiting for 50 minutes in this stupid line, and besides, we were supposed to meet them 5 minutes ago.!" Chinji inspects her large white watch that latched around her wrist. "Let's just go and find them, I'm sure we can do something else instead.!" Chinji pleads with her signature puppy dog face. The line had been longer than they expected, and they waited for quite some time, but still, after ALL this time, they we're still far from the ticket booths.

"Araso, let's go." Henry gives in to her pleas as she begged for the 9th time.

They leave the line and walk towards the infirmary to retrace your steps, hoping of finding a clue as to where you might be. On their way there, the both of them hum along to their new hit song~ y, Free, and Single. Unfortunately, the color drained from Chinji's face when they discovered something neither of them were expecting. Chinji noticed first.

"Yejin-ah!" She runs towards you frantically screaming out your name, when you don't reply back, she comes closer, only to find you on the ground, passed out, beside the infirmary door. Henry follows in a rush right at her heels.

"What do we do?!" She panics, panting hard and trying to catch her breath, concern spread throughout her face.

"Here," Henry lifts you up bridal style and carries you inside the infirmary. He gently lays you down on the nearest medical bed. From all the commotion Chinji caused outside, the nurse runs in, wide-eyed and in a state of hysteria, she froze at the sight of your limp body that was barely moving, your breaths were shallow and short, with cold sweats trickling down your face. 

The nurse immediately turns to Chinji, "What happened?!"

"We don't— we don't know, we just found her by the door on our way here!" Chinji began to stammer.

In all the chaos, Ryeowook suddenly rushes in to your bedside.

"What's going on? What happened to her?!" Ryeowook questions wide-eyed, he looks at your thin pale figure that sprawled out across the bed. He gets down on his knees and picks up your weak hand, and he began to tightly squeeze it.

"Hyung, you tell me! What happened earlier, Weren't you with Yejin? Why was she alone?!" Henry questions shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well we kinda-," Ryeowook stopped himself from revealing too much and rephrased his sentence, "Something happened earlier, and she said she needed some fresh air and ran out!" 

"I don't think that's why she collapsed though, she was already running low on energy, she must have exerted too much strength for her body to handle." The nurse said in concern. She began to attach some IVs into your forearm. She reached out to attach another set of needles on your left arm, but when she grasped it, you winced and recoiled at the sudden jolt of pain. She reaches out once again for your arm, gentler this time, and slowly lifted it with care. She discovers severe bruising the covered your arm, but something was strange from the pattern of the bruising she discovered.

"What happened before?" she asks in concern.

"Well, she was pushed down and fell on her arm pretty hard earlier." Chinji replies, she kept stealing glances at you nervously, and had a hard time keeping eye contact with the nurse. She bit her lower lip and clasped her hands together and began to wring them. 

"But that doesn't explain these bruises." The nurse said in bewilderment, she seemed flustered. She didn't have a clue as to where those bruises came from, she recognized the pattern and they could have only come from one type of injury, she urges another question to confirm.

"Has she been in a recent accident?" She asks one more time.

"Well yeah, like 2 months ago she got into a car accident, doctor said she had mild internal bleeding within her arm and a trauma injury on her elbow and shoulder." Chinji worriedly comments, "She told me she had already healed completely and that there was nothing to worry about."

At that, the nurse froze, her hands trembling, her suspicions were confirmed at that moment. *INTERNAL BLEEDING?!?!?!?!?!* She slowly inched towards your shoulder and lightly pulled down the sleeve of your sweater. It uncovered a gruesomely large, swollen and battered bruise that extended from your shoulder and further down your arm 

"This is bad," she paused. "Very bad."

He hands sped up faster and she worked quickly, she added stronger and more medication into your IV, she took a needle and carefully and expertly injected your shoulder. Chinji backed away in fear, she hated the sight of needles and recalled the last time she visited you at the hospital. The horrid sight of your strapped to so many contraptions, she feared to come near you, but the one thing she couldn't stand, was the largest needle she had ever seen strapped on your forearms. The sight of you like this once again made her turn her back quickly and smother her face into Henry's shoulder as she trembled.

"She'll be fine in about an hour, if she's conscious before that, you can take her home." The nurse relaxed after a stressful day, she walked out rubbing her tense and knotted shoulder.

"Okay." The three of them sat beside your bed, Chinji worried more than ever, she buried her face beside your arms and grasped your hand tightly.

"I should've known," Chinji reclines back into her seat and grasps her head with both hands, leaning back and forth in distress. "That car accident, it was really bad... the doctor said her injuries weren't bad— he told me, and tried to convince me that she was alright, but LOOK AT HER NOW! What have I done?!"

"Chinji, it's not your fault, "Henry comforts her.

"But I should've known something was wrong! I'm her freaking BEST FRIEND, How could i miss this?! She gets sick easily, always gets hurt, and i thought that by bringing her here, she would remember what it meant to have fun, and now look where it got her!" Her guilty conscience was wracking her brain and right as she was about to leave the room, she notices your fingers twitch for a second. You slowly awoke. You struggled to get up with your right arm, and when you tried to push on your left arm for support, you winced and fell back down on your back. *OOF* Chinji was the first to react.

"Yejin-ah! Kwenchana"?!?!"

"Mmm, I'm alright." you weakly mumble in response, you give her a feeble smile.

"Nurse! We'll be taking her home now!" Henry called out.

"Alright, please let me talk to her before leaving," The nurse's voice grew louder as she approached. She pushed aside the curtains that surrounded your bed, and entered. "Alone." She continued.

Henry, Chinji, and Ryeowook filed outside the door and waited for you. She shut the curtains with force and abruptly turned to face you. She helped you prop up to sit upright. Then she looked up at you with a glum face.

"I didn't tell your friends because I know someone as intelligent as you, isn't stupid enough to hide this kind of information. I figured you had your reasons to keep it a secret." She spoke seriously.

"W-what are you talking about," you stammered, "what secret?" Your shoulders tensed and searched her eyes for an answer.

"I know about the condition in your arm," she bluntly spoke with an expressionless face. Your shoulders slumped as your gaze lowered to you arm. You gave out a deep and heavy sigh and your gaze shifted and fell to your lap in dismay.

"So you do know." The nurse said in disappointment. "Tell me exactly how serious was your previous injury?"

"You paused before coming up with an answer, "When I got into my car accident, the shards of glass from the window were imbedded-" you struggled to continue, but with a deep sigh, you did so anyways. "They were imbedded into my shoulder." You shut your eyes for a moment recalling the painful memory. " I knew that my car was only minutes, maybe even seconds, away from bursting into flames, and in the state of panic I was in, I didn't care about my shoulder anymore and i tried to break the rest of the window with my elbow and the glass imbedded there too." You voice was about to crack but you swallowed hard. You've gotten this far into the bad memory, might as well finish it. "And when i struggled to pull myself out," you felt your voice silencing as you struggled to get to the last part. "I landed on my arm, which somehow pushed the shards deeper in." You desperately grasped your left arm as your body shuddered from head to toe. It was as if you were reliving every single moment of the accident in slow motion, just so you would feel the deep intense pain once more. You let out one harsh shaky breath and continued, but more calm this time.

"The doctor told me what you probably already know. He was only able to remove most of the shards. Others were in too deep to operate. He told me to comeback in half a year for me to get the other shards removed, otherwise he would've caused more damage to my arm, possibly causing paralysis, and i couldn't risk that." You stared deep into her eyes to finally complete your story. "The thing is," you paused once more and looked down. "It's only been 2 months and I know I haven't healed properly." You placed your palm on your forehead and slowly slid it down to your cheek then to the back of your neck. You looked up up at the nurse who was patiently waiting for you to get to your point.

"He also told me, that if I injured my arm before i finished healing," you stopped as the suspense of the moment grew intense. "There may be a risk of a 75% chance I may lose all ability in my left arm."

Concern spread throughout the nurse's face.

"Why aren't you telling them?" She questioned in a serious tone.

You relaxed a bit more to get rid of the stiff feeling in the atmosphere. "I'm already a burden to my best friend," you shrugged while faintly smiling, "She's always taking care of me no matter how many times I get sick because the person who used to take care of me, isn't here anymore." You shyly looked down, before your eyes widened realizing you had said too much information. You sigh, remembering the countless times your soft-hearted Baek sacrificed his practice time to come and nurse you back to health like a baby.

"Please don't mention this to them, I'm begging, she doesn't need another thing to worry about." You shake your head, pleading. She gave you an uncertain look, as if thinking of the pros and cons of either decision. But then she reluctantly gave in. You grinned with hope knowing her next answer. "Alright, but you HAVE to take care of yourself, don't come back here when I told you so."

Your mood lightened and you smiled as widely as you could, "Mmm, no worries, I'll be sure to!"

You groggily struggled to stand, but when you did, you turned around to thank the nurse as she slipped a small bottle of medication into your hand, then you headed out the door. When you came out, you saw Chinji pacing back and forth in a worried trance mumbling to herself. Even if she was cursing under her breath, you knew she was blaming herself for what happened to you. 

"Chinji-ah," you weakly called out to her.

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN MY BEST FRIEND IS PRACTICALLY DYI-" She abruptly stopped ranting when she recognized whose voice it was. "YEJIN-AH!"

She breaks loose from the tance and dashes towards you, "Are you okay?!" She asked. Flustered, she began to check every inch of you.

"Yah.... YAH!" When she wouldn't stop, you made an effort of grabbing her wrist, but in your weak state, it was more like a mere touch.

"Mianhae. I was just worried, that's all." She apologized with a regretful smile.

"It's alright. It's not that serious." you lied.

You pushed forward to take a step, but wobbled and almost fell once again. *Here we go again* you thought as gravity almost won you over. Luckily Ryeowook caught you in time and pulled your right arm over his shoulder. Next thing you knew, you were on Ryeowook's back as he walked out of the park with Chinji and Henry trailing beside you. As he continued to walk, you could somewhat make out the familiar stores and shops that lined up in a long line that stretched far out alongside the road. You clung tighter to his neck and whispered into his ear.

"Thanks by the way, and sorry about earlier." you gave him an apologetic smile for the incident that happened earlier.

"No problem, I would be your noble steed any day, I got your back no matter what." He smiled back.

You giggled at the cheesy line, but still thought it was pretty cute. And with that, you nestled your head on his shoulder and dozed off.

Ryeowook was surprised to see your head laying peacefully on his shoulder. He smiled sweetly at the sight of your slumbering face.

"She's even cuter when she sleeps," he mumbled to himself. Though he mumbled a little to loud, you admit that you weren't entirely asleep. When you heard his sweet statement, a soft smile crept onto your face and you snuggled closer to his neck. The warmth of his back was equally as warm as a blanket draped on you. You were so comfortable you almost didn't want to get off. You could actually smell his sweet, yet manly cologne. You could recognize that scent from anywhere. *Armani Code.* You giggled in your thoughts, the familiar scent enveloped you. *Just like Baekhyun*

From behind you, Henry and Chinji snickered at the cute scene the was unraveling before their eyes.

"They are AH-dorable!" Chinji mischievously commented. This was the perfect moment, and suddenly Chinji reached deep inside her coat pocket only to take out her phone. She stopped in her tracks . She quickly snapped the picture and ran towards you to catch up.

"Memories were made today, even if they weren't good ones, they were memorable to say the least." She smiled to herself and watched from behind as you slept soundly on Ryeowook's back.

When you awoke, you found yourself in the shotgun seat with Chinji driving. You looked over at her exhausted expression and you knew you had given her a rough time today. You were grateful for all the sacrifices she's made for you. *This girl, she can't be anything less than amazing* Then another thought crossed your mind. *Oh Great, just another thing I have to add to the list of things I owe her for.* You silently laughed to yourself while rolling your eyes as you watched a very concentrated Chinji focused on driving. You turned over to look at the window and looked up at the sky to see the several stars that dotted and stretched across the vast night sky. Each one a different size, and illuminating brighter than others. You began to touch the car window where the bright stars were as if they were laid out like a painting. At your touch several spots on the window were fogging from the warmth of your fingers against the cold atmosphere on the outside. You watched as they one by one disappeared to reveal the bright stars once again.

*I wonder if Baekhyun is looking at the same star right now* You gave out a deep sigh, bit your lower lip and continued to gaze out he window longingly. Slowly, you eyelids drifted down to close the gap, and you fell into a deep sleep.