A Bad Case Of The Heart Ache

Jealousy Overload

It was a Wednesday, the only day of the week that Chinji hated the most.

 

After a week of thinking about that kiss she had with Luhan, she hadn't been able to think straight. Her schedule would be so messed up, she'd forget which date she had to go on at what time. She opted to even cancel on Henry just so that she could hang out with Luhan.

But now it was Wednesday.

 

She headed for the music room to pick up her new piece for her duet with Onew tomorrow. It would be the first time she had gone to school since last week. You were all packed with schedules each day that you didn't have much time to focus on school. But now that you were back for a few days, you all had a ton of missed assignments and tests you had to make up within a day. Chinji had to sing a duet with her partner Onew and this was the only day she could get the piece and practice tonight before the examination tomorrow.

She ran to the music room as fast as she could after school. As she made it to the door, she saw that it was partially opened. She was about to simply barge in and take her piece, but she heard a sweet melody on the guitar being played. She listened curiously and then she heard a voice. Henry's voice to be exact.

[  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkWCCTl7zQ  ]

She had never heard the song, but it was honestly the sweetest song she had heard. She lingered at the door, smiling like an idiot as she listened and nodded her head to each note. It got to the chorus and she heard two voices harmonizing. It was a beautiful melody to hear and it immediately put her in a good mood. She had been standing there the entire time, and when the song finally ended, she pushed the door and grinned.

"Henry! That was amazing!"

"Ch-Chinji??" Henry was surprised to see her at the door.

Their backs were to the door, and Chinji hadn't noticed the other person who was holding a guitar in his lap. Henry was facing her but, the other guy simply stiffened and refused to turn around.

"Is that a new song??"

"Yeah! I've been working on it for awhile and I'm going to present it to Sooman tomorrow!"

"It's a really great song!"

"Thanks!" Henry smiled the brightest smile ever and Chinji couldn't help but feel weird. 

Did she actually like Henry? She felt happy all of a sudden when she saw him. Something was different. He seemed sweeter, brighter, happier, and more lovable to Chinji.

I'm supposed to be done with Henry by now, but he keeps pulling me back in every time I see him.. What's wrong with me now?! He makes me so confused. I want to be done with him, but now I feel like I can't leave him..

"Hey, do you wanna hang out right now? We just finished here, so I can go right now." Henry beamed his childish smile at her and Chinji looked at her watch. It was 3:10. She didn't have to be there until 5.

"I can hang out for a few hours, yeah." Chinji nodded back.

"Hey," She was referring to the other guy who still seemed to be frozen solid in his chair, "You play guitar really well you know."

"Hey, Chinji, I'm just gunna go put my stuff in my locker, I'll come back here after, just wait a little yeah?" Henry gave her a quick peck and rushed off.

"Okay!" She watched Henry leave before turning her head back to the frozen figure, "What's you name??" She waited for a response, but when she didn't get one, her eyebrows furrowed.

Suddenly the figure stood up and turned around.

Chinji's eyes widened as she stumbled backwards a little.

"Ch-Channie..." She didn't mean to say her old pet name for it, but it just slipped.

Chanyeol gave her a straight face, before putting the guitar down and walking away.

Right as he walked past her, Chinji grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Chan, wait."

"Don't call me that."

"Chanyeol."

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you! It's almost been a year and you still hate seeing me! Come on! I just want to be friends!"

"Friends?" He scoffed. 

"Come on Chanyeol, can't you just put us aside? You're a really great guy! I just want to be friends.. What happened to that smile? Your laugh? How you always crack jokes that weren't all that funny but you were so cute I just had to laugh?"

"HEY!" Chanyeol pouted and Chinji could feel his walls crumbling down slowly.

Chinji chuckled a little. "Still as cute as ever." Something suddenly came over her, and for some odd reason, she leaned over and pecked him on his cheek.

Chanyeol's cheeks reddened at that. "I really did love you though..." he muttered under his breath.

"Yeah I know.. I did too. You were one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. AND you're still the first guy to sing me a song... Can you sing it for me?"

Chanyeol thought for a moment before walking back to his guitar. He picked it up and sat down. He began to sturm on the strings and started to sing.

[  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxiKKJ0OQY  ] I know he isn't really singing, but use your imagination!

After the verse, Chinji found herself singing along and harmonizing with it.

She smiled once he finished.

"Thank you... but.."

"But?" Chanyeol smiled. Chinji could tell she had finally broken through to him, and after a year of being ignored, he was finally coming through to her.

"Can we be friends now?"

Chanyeol's smile turned grim. He looked down at his feet and sighed.

"I'm sorry... But it's too hard for me."

"Too hard???" Chinji was shocked at his response.

"I can't be 'just friends' with someone I still love." He looked deep into her eyes and she just stood there, completely taken aback.

As if it were perfect timing, Henry walked back into the room and smiled, "Chinji, you ready to go?"

"Y-Yeah..." She reluctantly got up and walked to Henry's side. He linked arms with her and waved back at Chanyeol.

"Thanks Yeol! You were really great!"

"You're welcome." He offered Henry a friendly smile before turning back to Chinji. She still had on that guilty look on her face, but he simply smiled at her.

Chinji could tell Chanyeol had a hard time smiling at her, and she saw the pain hidden behind it.

She continued to look at Chanyeol until she left the room.

Chanyeol sighed deeply once she had left, that empty hole still in his heart wasn't going away any time soon.

 

You were leaving the Science building with the crowd of kids that bunched up at the doors, piling to get out. You waited outside for Baek since you hadn't seen him since last week.

After waiting outside for almost 5 minutes, you still hadn't seen him. You got up from the tree ring and sighed with much disappointment. You walked out to find the other EXO members.

Once you stumbled upon Kai, you ran up to him and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention.

"Oh? Yejin!"

"Hey Jonggie! Uhm.. Do you know where Baekhyun is?"

"Oh... He had a fever a few days ago, and he still isn't doing to great, he's stuck at home right now."

"Fever?!"

"Yeah, he hasn't been doing all that well from all the stress and the schedules, we're all on the brink of getting sick. We hardly have time to eat and sleep anymore."

"Aww, my poor babies." You frowned cutely before digging something out of your backpack.

"Here!" You offered him and bread bun and smiled, "My treat to you for working hard."

Kai chuckled while taking the bun from you, "Thanks Jinnie!"

"Jinnie? You've never called me that before!"

"Well? You call me Jonggie, it just seems appropriate to call you Jinnie!"

"Alright." You smiled at him as you waved goodbye walking in the other direction.

You were technically supposed to go to the practice room for practice today with the other girls, but Ahmi was out with B.A.P, Eunbae was hanging out with Jiyong, and Chaeri was probably out flirting with another guy.

You figured there was no way they were going to practice either. Chinji on the other hand, you never really knew her schedules on Wednesday. For some odd reason, it was the only day where she had 0 dates to go on and nothing to do, yet she always claimed she had 'to do something' and came home past 11 at night. You never really dug through her business unless she let you, so you didn't ask.

You had nothing better to do, so you went off and headed back to the dorm. All the SM trainees and anyone in the company lived in dorms that were all part of the same building. And it just happened to be a coincidence that your dorm was only one floor below EXO's. You made it to the 5th floor where your dorm was but as you made it to your front door, you held the knob and your keys in your hand, but didn't go in.

"He's sick, yet they're all at school.. What if he got worse? What if he's in pain..??"

You bit your lip and thought of what exactly you were planning on doing. "Should I go check on him?.... I mean, that's what friends do right?"

You heaved a sigh before turning on your heels and heading back to the elevator. You quickly pressed the button '6' and waited as you were taken up.

When the doors opened, you ran down the hall and halted in front of EXO's door, you took out your key to their dorm since you had the spare and fiddled with the door knob until it opened for you.

You took off your shoes and replaced them with slippers and ran into the dorm. You past the kitchen and into the hallway. You stopped in front of Baekhyun's door, but just as you were going to turn the knob, you were starting to have second thoughts.

Is it really necessary for me to come, or is it just cause I haven't seen him...

You were about to turn around and walk back to your dorm, until you heard a fit of coughs inside they room. You panicked and immediately rushed into his room.

He was curled up like a ball on his bed, with a pile of blankets bundled around him.

You felt a tug on your heart seeing him in that state.

You slowly approached his bed and sat at the edge.

"Baek.." You put your hand on his forehead and instantly recoiled at the heat.

"Do these boys have no idea how to take care of you?!?! HOLY... You're burning!!!"

"Well.... You were always the one who took care of me when I was sick.." He weakly mumbled.

"Hey, sshhh.. Don't talk, alright.."

"What are you doing here?"

"Kai told me you had the fever, and I just wanted to check up on you.."

"Is that really it?...."

You stopped for a second and really thought about it. "No, it's cause I care about you Baek."

You could sense him smiling under the covers, but you were worried sick.

"I know you'll hate me for this, but you really can't be using all these blankets."

You slowly took them from him and watched him shiver from the lack of warmth.

"Jin.. I-It's c-cold.."

"I know, just bear with it for now alright?"

He nodded and turned to your direction. He snuggled closer to your leg and you sighed.

"I'll be right back.." You got up and headed to the kitchen. You dug through their pantry and to your dismay, the only food they had was ramyun. You groaned inwardly.

"They don't even eat properly!" You decided to rush down to your dorm and grab a few ingredients and within 10 minutes, you were back in their kitchen cooking rice porridge.

You poured the porridge into a bowl and walked it back into Baekhyun's room. You knelt down beside his bed and help him get up.

You held the bowl up to his mouth and scooped a spoonful, gently blowing air on it to cool it down.

You put the spoon up to his lips and he swallowed it willingly. You continued to feed him until he finished the food and you put the bowl down.

"Why didn't you call Taeyeon to come take care of you..." You grumbled under your breath.

"Cause I didn't want to."

You placed a cold towel on his forehead and made him lie back down.

"Go back to bed.."

"It hurts.."

"What hurts?!"

"Everything.. My legs, my arms, my head..... my heart.." He whispered the last part so that it was barely inaudible, but you heard it.

"I should get back to the dorm.." You stood up to leave pretending you didn't hear the last part.

"Don't go.. Please.."

"But-"

"Just stay with me for a little while. As friends?"

You look at him reluctantly, before finally giving in. You just couldn't make yourself leave his side.

You ended up crawling into the bed beside him and laying your head on his shoulder. Just as you had always done when he was sick before. He pulled you closer to him and felt him place swift chaste kiss on your temple.

You grew rigid and fought with yourself whether your should push him away and reprimand him, or just let it slip. Eventually that latter won as you leaned in closer to him. 

Taeyeon isn't here... No harm done right?