Winter Dance

Jealousy Overload

"She has to go home."

Lay, Luhan, and Kris froze in place.

"Why?" Kris gritted his teeth.

"She has to get her letter signed—"

"I thought she was going to send it there?" Kris said again.

"Me too but—"

"But what?" Kris interrupted yet again.

"Her parents—"

"Her parents what?"

"Can you let me... FINISH MY SENTENCES?!?!?!?!" Chinji boomed.

Kris cowered at the volume of her voice.

"Thank you." Chinji breathed, "Her parents want her to go home. My dad just told me that he already agreed to her mom's decision. She's sending our plane tickets tomorrow."

"Our?" Xiumin beamed.

"Yes, all of us are going."

"YES!" Xiumin chimed.

"Yah, this isn't a good thing!" Luhan lightly swatted Xiumin's arm.

"Sorry..." Xiumin lowered his head with slumped shoulders.

"Where are we going exactly?" Tao said with curious eyes.

"We're flying out to my hometown this Saturday and we stay there till Wednesday. Then we fly to Daegu and stay till next Saturday. We go back to Seoul from there."

"Your hometown? Where do you live?" Tao asked cutely.

"Chongqing..."

"Oh, you live in China?" Lay's eyes widened.

Chinji face palmed herself. "Remember? I'm half Chinese?"

"Oh yeah huh?"

"Wo Ai Ni!" Tao gave Chinji a bear hug as she wiggled out of his grasp. She began to laugh whole-heartedly. Then you walked into the kitchen.

"Jin, are you alright?" Lay immediately came to your side.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"We heard about you going home..." Lay's voice trailed off.

"Oh..." You face turned glum as you quickly took a breath, plastering a sarcastic smile on your face.

"Well, if my parents want me home, then what choice do I have? It's not like I can say no right? Since when did I ever have the option of saying no? Doing everything my parents tell me to, I've been doing that for 6 years, so what's the difference now?" You smiled brightly though the pang in your heart and throat was greater than ever. Those words tasted like swallowing acid.

"Jin..." Lay gave you a pained look before giving you a small hug. You pulled back.

"Why do you all look sad? Nothing's wrong!" You chirped happily while still being fully sarcastic.

"Me and Chinji have to go to practice, you guys can just cook whatever you want." You grabbed your keys, already dressed in your dance attire, and headed out the door. You got to the practice room and Eunbae, Ahmi, and Chaeri were already there practicing their vocals while Ahmi practiced her part for your debut song.

You were too pissed off to even acknowledge their presence.

"Annyeong unnie!" Eunbae beamed.

"Ay! Yejin, you made it!" Ahmi held up her hand to high-five you but you refused.

You jabbed your earphones in your ear and blasted your music as you began to dance in an angry manner. Your expression was stiff, lacking all emotion, when Chinji finally walked in. At the sight of you, she sighed in dismay.

"Jeez, what's up with her?" Chaeri grumbled.

"Family problems." She mouthed silently.

"OHHHH." They all nodded silently. The backed off to the other side of the room to give you some space and let you blow off some steam. You danced for a good 5 minutes before you finally lost your energy and slipped, crashing to the floor on your . You panted all your frustrations as Chinji walked up to you, tossing you a water bottle.

You gulped it all down in one gulp and tossed the bottle to the side.

"Better?" Chinji asked comfortingly sticking out her hand out to you.

You nodded and took her hand as she hauled you up on your feet. You turned around to the others and apologized.

"Sorry guys." You hung your head low.

"Kwenchana, unnie!" Eunbae patted your back as you smiled back at her.

"Let's practice!" You fist pumped as the rest of them moved to the center of the room.

 

 

Soon practice ended and you headed home with Chinji. As soon as you entered the house, you heard noises coming from the kitchen. You walked in to find the boys setting the table while a feast was laid out on the table.

"Awww, you guys cooked!" You gave them a thumbs up.

"Yeah!" Tao beamed proudly.

"Looks good!"

"You can't judge food by its looks, I'll be the judge of that." Chinji smirked.

You gathered around the table and happily ate all the food. You ended the day on a happy note as you all headed to bed soon after dinner. Tomorrow was the winter dance. You couldn't wait for the aching feet, heavy dress, and skipping meals. You groaned as you cuddled further into your covers, and fell fast asleep.

 

 

*THE NEXT DAY*

 

 

"A little to the left... No, right, actually, left again!" The coordinator commanded from the edge of the stage .

"Can you please just make up your mind?!" You begged.

 

You had left your house early in the morning with Chinji since both of you were assigned to do the dance set up with the other people who were also dragged into the cumbersome task. You and Chinji were carrying the podium for the MC while the coordinator made you move left and right, trying to find the perfect spot. You had been holding the podium for the past 7 minutes.

"OK OK! Right THERE!!!" She screamed.

You and Chinji both let go of the podium as it dropped on the stage with a loud THUMP!

You dusted your hands off before checking your watch: 1:25 PM.

"We've been working for 5 hours already!" Chinji whined. Finally, the coordinator clapped her hands together, getting everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone!, thank you for all your hard work, and I will see all of you at 7! Models, please be here by 6:30 to prepare!"

Everyone dispersed and headed out of the campus.

"Chinji-ah, where did Chaeri say to meet first?"

"Uhm, I think the spa?" She shrugged.

"Ah, araso, let's go."

The two of you drove off to your appointment at the spa where you met up with the others. You all spent the next few hours preparing yourselves for the dance. An hour at the spa, an hour at the hair salon, an hour on your make-up, and finally you were done! You went back home to grab your dress, and drove back to school with Chinji. You went the entire day without lunch. And you felt like dying. You were pretty sure your stomach was growling so loud, it would be louder than the speakers at the dance. Water detox was your solution, well more like Chaeri's instructions, to fit into your dress. Besides, it would've been the only way you could fit into your dress.

After you entered the gates of the school, you headed to the field where the stage was set up, and made your way backstage. When you noticed that Chinji wasn't beside you anymore, you abruptly stopped and turned around. There, 10 steps behind you, was Chinji, struggling to lug her dresses to the stage.

"Yah! Hurry up!" You yelled while smirking.

"Soo... Heavy." She groaned.

You doubled over in laughter as you watched her slowly inching towards you. You let her catch up before continuing to the stage at her pace, step by step.

When you finally reached the backstage, there were people running around back and forth with dresses, shoes, accessories, etc. It was chaos. You moved past all the bustle and made your way into one of the changing rooms, and took out your long gray gown. You checked your watch: 6:50 PM. 

Crap, ten minutes to fit into this?!?!

You quickly rushed into the dress and slipped into your gray suede pumps.

And for some strange coincidence, you, Chinji, Eunbae, Ahmi, and Chaeri chose dressing rooms side by side, and all at once, you opened your curtains. At the same time.

It seemed like all the chaos back stage somehow just stopped to gaze at the beauty of your dresses. Not you. Just your dress.

"Whoaa... " Everyone stared at the five of you until the coordinator finally clapped her hands together and got everyone's attention.

"Chop Chop! We start in 3 minutes!" She scurried off to the other end of the stage to attend to other duties. You walked out to the edge of the stage and waited. You were arranged by color order, so you were 2nd to last before Bora-sunbaenim who was wearing black and behind Chinji. Then you heard the MC begin to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present to you, this year's runway show theme! BALL GOWNS!" He exaggeratedly swung his arm across his chest and pointed to the entrance of the stage. You peeked out at the crowd and were shocked to see a good 700 people standing among the grass. Chaeri quickly straightened out her dress and began to walk out on the stage, and eyes stopped and stared. It soon became loud with all the guys swooning and whooping at her 'drop-dead' gorgeous dress. 



She strutted around to the edge of the runway, turned, and walked back. It was only 3 minutes of your time, yet it meant everything to Chaeri. It also meant 3 minutes of your life that you had to suffer almost 6 hours for.

Soon enough, orange, yellow, and green went up and finally it was Ahmi's turn. She nervously gulped as her eyes scanned through the crowd and amongst them, she found Zelo's baby face beaming at her as he winked and gave her a thumbs up. She nodded confidently while inwardly groaning to herself. She finally heard her name being called out before carefully stepping out on the runway, she slowly made her way to the edge of the stage while all eyes were on her. The many eyes that stared at her beautiful navy blue dress, made her slightly nervous. 

She timidly smiled, as she finally turned around and made her way back. Hoots and hollers erupted from the audience as a huge smile spread through her face, proud of her successful runway walk.

Eunbae quickly high-fived Ahmi, as she walked backstage to wait for the winning results. Eunbae confidently straightened out her dress as she cutely smiled and walked out as her name was being called. 

Her purple, jewel-encrusted dress, sparked on stage while many people applauded her gorgeous dress. 

As she finally walked in, you began to count the number of people who were before you.~ 2.

For some reason, your nerves kicked in. You felt nervous. Your hands were shaking , mostly because of the amount of people who were going to stare straight at you. Oh the attention. So many eyes. Focused on you. But you knew you couldn't back out. You had to get used to this sooner or later.

Hyorin from Sistar wore the pink dress as she walked out, flaunting her beauty. Many of the guys swooned over her and cheered with every step she took. Finally it was Chinji's turn. All eyes turned to her as she stepped out on the runway. Her dress. There were no words to explain how beautiful and stunning it was. It was extravagant, yet simple at the same time. She walked out on the runway with her hand on her hip as she modeled the amazingly gorgeous white gown.

You looked out at the crowd. And there, standing all perfect in his white tux, was Luhan, gazing with adoration at Chinji as she slowly made her way back. You smirked as a plan formed in your head.

Tonight will be fun...

Chinji patted your shoulder, breaking you out of your trance.

"Good Luck!"

"Oh. Mmm..."  I'm next.

The announcer boomed into the mic,

 

"Next we have Miss Park Yejin showing us a dark side of her as she models her chosen color!" The MC looked to the entrance of the stage and made eye contact with you.

That's my que.

You stepped out onto the runway and plastered a small smile on your face, but you looked super fake, and you knew it too. You scanned the audience and saw Ryeowook. He gave you a quick thumbs up which turned your fake smile, genuine. You looked twice at your dress to make sure it looked alright.

You walked to the edge of the runway and everyone erupted into applause and cheers. You were proud of yourself for finally being able to accept the fact that these people were cheering for you, and only you. They weren't calling you a murderer or the cause of Xia's death. They were simply cheering for you and your dress. It made you happier just knowing that fact. You slowly made your way backstage and as soon as you were out of sight, you sighed in relief. You were surprised you didn't fall. You were expecting yourself to trip in front of everyone like the clumsy girl you were, but you didn't.

Wow, I actually didn't fa

At that moment, you accidentally tripped on your dress and landed on the ground with a loud THUD.

"Yejin-ah!!! Kwenchana?!" Chinji rushed to your side.

"Oh, I'm fine." You timidly smiled as she helped you on your feet.

"Let's just get changed and find out who won."

"Yeah, alright.."

You and Chinji headed back to your changing rooms with the other 3, and got changed.

The five of you stepped out once again in your short party dresses for the second half of the dance. 



 

You heard the announcer clear his throat.

"The judges have finally made their decisions!"

The five of you held each others hands as you waited.

"In third place... We have Hyorin with her Chanel Pink gown!" Applause.

"In 2nd place... We have Kim Ahmi with her navy blue Armani Gown!" More applause.

Ahmi gaped, "I... really won 2nd place?!" You congratulated her with a fist bump.

"We only need one more win from us and we win the grand prize trip!" She cheered.

The 5 of you locked hands again and hoped.

"And lastly in first place we have...

 

 

 

 

 

Baek Chinji with her white Armani gown!"

Chinji froze in place and so did Chaeri.. both thinking the same thing.

 

I won?!

She won?!

 

"We won! We get the grand prize!!" Eunbae cheered, "Unnie, aren't you happy?!"

She looked at Chaeri who was still shocked by her loss.

"Oh... yeah." I didn't even win 3rd place?!

Chinji just blinked in surprise. "Did that just happen?"

"Yah," You punched her lightly, "You won!"

Her, Ahmi, and Hyorin quickly received their prizes and another round of applause before running backstage. You opened the envelope and read the text.

"We're going to Jeju!!"

"Yes!" Ahmi cheered.

"This is perfect for me and Chinji! Instead of going back to Seoul, we can just go to Incheon and go to Jeju after I... I go... home." The pissed off feeling was rising in your throat like acid when someone tapped your shoulder.

"May I my date to the dance floor?"

You abruptly turned around and found Ryeowook all dressed up in a suit with a gray bow tie.

"Of course!." You beamed before waving off at your friends. Ryeowook led you to the field before he finally spoke.

"You look beautiful, you know."

"Oh really?" You said jokingly.

"Can't a guy give a compliment?"

"Thank you. And you, likewise." You smiled.

"I look... beautiful?" He gave you a questioning smirk.

"No, no.. You look adorably cute." You beamed.

"Not exactly the compliment I was fishing for, but I'll take it." He laughed heartily.

"So you were fishing for a compliment?"

"Of course!, what kind of date would I be if I didn't?"

 

 

The two of you laughed your way to the refreshments table as the concert started. Boyfriend went up on stage and you saw Eunbae quickly rushing to the front of the stage screaming out Minwoo's name. You shook your head in amusement.

"Hey Yejin," Ryeowook caught your attention. "I have to go help Eunhyuk, yeah?"

"Help him do what?" You cocked your head to the side. He leaned into your ear while chuckling.

"We're spiking the punch bowl." You laughed in response, both from from his words and his tickling breath.

"Araso, go." You patted his back reassuringly.

"Are you sure you'll be fine alone?"

"I'll just go find Kris, don't worry about it.!" And with that, he ran off to the refreshments table.

You sighed and slowly made your way around, and finally, you found Kris and the rest of EXO-M, bunched around looking 'cool' like they always seemed to show. They were all dressed up in white tuxes and ties and looked as classy as ever.

Well, looks like Luhan chose their color this year.. You smiled to yourself.

As soon as you came into their view, they simply acknowledged you and went back to their stony facade.

"Yah, loosen up! You guys look like statues!!"

The five boys looked to Kris for his approval. Kris merely looked at you, and finally gave up and nodded. The five boys cheered and began to reveal their true selves.

"Thanks noona!" Tao called, "I thought we'd all be stuck here like frozen statues the whole time!"

Kris glared at him before calming down.

Tao raised his fists to his cheeks before calling out, "BBUING, BBUING!"

"MAKNAE! Take that aegyo somewhere else!" You yelled.

He scurried off to the other side of the field.

You turned back to the group and only found Kris, Chen, and Luhan.

"Where did the others go?"

"Xiumin went to the refreshments table, and Lay went to the dance floor." Chen shrugged.

Time to initiate my plan, you smirked to yourself.

"Luhan, go and get Chinji for me?"

He blushed. "Why?"

"I need to talk to her about something."

"Uhm, ok?"

You came close to him and whispered closely to his ear.

"Be sure, when you talk to her, tell her she's beautiful."

Luhan nodded obediently. You smirked again as he walked away.

 

You turned your eyes to Kris, who suddenly decided to have a glaring contest between the two of you. Chen noticed the tension and slowly backed away, "I'm just gunna...uhhh... take off." He nervously laughed and ran away.

"Where's your date?" Kris spoke, venom spitting through every word.

"Why are you in such a y mood these days?" You never broke the stare.

"Why? Your date doesn't want to keep you company?"

"Did I piss you off? Or did someone else piss you off? It's been a week already and I know you're pissed about something."

"Your date to busy for you?"

Fine, not gunna answer my questions huh? Alright, I'll play along.

"Why? You jealous?"

"No."

"Then why do you keep mentioning him?"

Kris froze for a second, "Oh just shut up and dance with me before he take you away." Kris grunted in frustration at his defeat, while you proudly harrumphed in victory.

Kris led you to the dance floor as IU went on stage and began to sing Peach. Kris hugged you while you hugged him back, swaying back and forth. You made very little conversation in the 3 minutes you had together, and soon, Ryeowook came to take you back. Kris willingly gave you away, with a disappointed look, as much as he didn't want to.

A few songs passed as you danced with Ryeowook, when Xiumin came up to you.

"Yejin-ah, what usually happens when Chinji gets drunk?" It was a strange question, and so out of the blue, you were taken aback. Ryeowook stood next to you, with equal confusion. As weird as the question was, you still answered it.

"Uhm, she usually says a bunch of secrets and the truth comes out." You shrugged with a giggle.

"Ehh.. well she's on her 5th cup of punch, and Eunhyuk and Ryeowook spiked the bowl." You laughed in amusement, making your way to the table full of food. Seeing Chinji drunk was rare, and also a great sight to see, depending on what she said. It could be bad, or good.. You just never knew.

There, glugging down a cup of punch, was Chinji looking as drunk as ever. She saw you and immediately called out your name.

"YEJIN-AHH!!" She yelled in a sleepy manner. She stumbled towards you as you caught her just in time. "Annnnnnnyeong~" She blinked happily, her breath reeking of alcohol.

Ugh, gross... You cringed.

"Aish.." Soon, the EXO-M boys gathered around you.

"Chinji, why'd you drink so much?"

"Because... I have... to tell Henry... something.." She said in a baby-like manner, shaking her head and blinking confusedly between words, as if she was unsure of what she was saying at all.

"What do you have to tell me?" Henry came close to her.

"I think.. we have to break up now.." She mumbled and giggled at the same time.

"What? Why?!" Henry looked confused.

"I don't... know?" She said tipsily.

"Uhh, Henry, I'll tell Chinji to call you tomorrow, she doesn't know what she's talking about right now, sorry." You quickly made an excuse off the top of your head.

"Oh... alright." He reluctantly got up. "Do you want me to take her home?"

"Oh no, no need, we'll be going home soon anyways.."

He nodded and left Chinji with a kiss on her forehead, whilst Luhan watched with a pained look. He couldn't get himself to look at all the skinship he was initiating between him and Chinji. She was drunk, and that wasn't fair! She didn't have the conscious to refuse the skinship. Or maybe he was just wishing it was him giving her the kiss on her forehead..

You shook your head as you looked at a very disheveled Chinji.

She better thank me later, I just saved her the trouble.

Luhan had been standing there listening to every word Chinji spoke.

So she's dating Henry... Should've known, but does this mean she actually broke up with him?

"Yejin-ah..." Chinji looked at you.

"Isn't you arm surg—"

It was a good thing Chinji was speaking super slow because you knew it. It didn't even take a second for you to realize what she was going to say before you cupped your hand over to keep her from continuing.

'Isn't your arm surgery this weekend?'

, they aren't supposed to know... I'm sure they didn't catch that right?

You nervously laughed before explaining.

"Like I said, She doesn't know what she's talking about!"

But Kris, Lay, Luhan, and Xiumin caught the words even if they didn't leave .

*Arm Surgery?* They all thought.

"Lets' just go home yeah?" You quickly dragged Chinji up on her feet and walked to your car.

The four boys quickly dismissed the upsetting thought and convinced that they must have heard wrong... but there was something that was bothering Xiumin.

 

"She usually says a bunch of secrets and the truth comes out."

 

 

Something's up. Xiumin thought.

 

____________________________________________________________________

HELOOO.<3

HAHA, sorry for the long awaited chapter... 2 weeks since I last updated. I AM SORRY.

I have been busy, and I was planning this to be a super long chapter anyway, so I apologize again for that. HAHA 
 

Hope you guys like the new chapter.!

Leave a comment and tell me what you think!(: I likes to read all of your comments ^^

 

THANKS TO ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS FOR SUBSCRIBING, I APPRECIATE IT AND HOPE YOU ALL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS STORY, THERE WILL BE MANY MORE TO COME AFTER THIS<3

Alright, that's it for today(:

BYE BYE!, See you soon ^-^

 

PLEASE NO PLAGIARIZINGG.!! YOU WILL MAKE ME SAD. I DON'T LIKE BEING SAD T-T.<3