Let's Play Pretend

Jealousy Overload

After you watched Baekhyun and Taeyeon leave with no more than a few words. You sulked in your chair and continued to eat your waffles and drink you coffee. You didn't realize that Ryeowook was looking at you with an expression that said it all. 

He knew. That kiss wasn't really meant for him. He knew.

 

"Yejin, do you love me?"

You coughed on your drink, but he didn't even help you out. He simply stared at you with a blank expression.

"I-"

"You don't have to answer... I already know."

"Wait, what?" You gave him an utterly confused look, while his remained stoic.

"I know what you're trying to do..If I ask you a question, will you promise to answer truthfully?"

"Yes?"

You waited curiously as to where this conversation was going, but the bad feeling in your stomach told you it wasn't anywhere good.

"Do you still have feelings for Baekhyun."

You blinked a few times while backing away, a little taken aback by such a straight forward question. But after it finally sunk in, you realized you hadn't given him an answer. Not only did you fail to answer, but more that you couldn't.

"I see..." Ryeowook solemnly nodded his head in understanding, and you simply dropped your head.

"Look, I'm sorry and I didn't know what to do and-"

"You don't have to apologize to me.. I understand."

"You.. what?!"

"You're trying to make him jealous aren't you?"

"Y-yeah.."

"I'll keep helping you.."

"But-"

"You were using me... I know.. I also know that you pretty much have no feelings for me whatsoever."

"I could actually correct you on that, honestly. I did like you for sometime, It was after Everland.. But then, you always reminded me of Baekhyun somehow and I couldn't forget him that easy. I'm really sorry for using you this way, and I completely understand that you really don't want to help. You don't have to help me." You shook your head in guilt.

"But I want to help.."

"You do? But I broke your heart.. I used you and played you and-"

"Well the more you put it that way then maybe I shouldn't help." Ryeowook chuckled a little, in an almost joking way, but you could see the hidden pain behind his voice.

"Maybe you shouldn't..." You muttered under you breath quietly, but not quiet enough for Ryeowook not to hear.

"I want to help, and I will help."

You were about to argue once again, but it seemed like he had made his final decision and he wasn't backing down on it.

You reluctantly nodded your head.

"Hey, I need to get back to my dorm and check and see if Chinji is back.."

Ryeowook grew rigid hearing Chinji's name. Chinji was like his little sister, and although a lot of the times they didn't get along, he still cared. He remembered the state she was in that morning when he woke up and saw her beat up almost to a pulp. She refused to tell him who had done it, but he swore to himself he would find that bastard and beat him the way he beat her. At that moment, he received the call from you to eat breakfast with them. He was reluctant to go because of Chinji, but she urged him to and also begged him not to tell you anything.

He sighed and waved goodbye to you, "I'm sure she's fine.."

As you walked out of the cafe, Ryeowook slumped down into his seat.

I never get my happy ending do I?..

If pretending is the closest thing I can have to a relationship with you, then I guess it's what I'll do.

He smiled in a bitter sweet manner and almost laughed to himself.

"I'm pitiful aren't I?.." He shook his head with a small smile.

 

You left the cafe and began jogging back to the dorm complex building, you jogged up 3 flights of stairs to help make up for all the pancakes and waffles you had that morning and stopped in front of your door. But before you opened the door, you paused for a moment, realizing something. You in your breath through your teeth while tilting your head to the side, contemplating.

"Ryeowook said 'I'm sure she's fine'.. Does that mean he knows about her disappearing?.. We're the only ones who know.." You shook away the absurd thought and entered your dorm.

 

 

Chinji was sitting on Eunhyuk bed while he and Kangin helped treat and attend to her wounds.

She only assumed that her face was the only thing affected after getting punched and slapped, but they had discovered something she had failed to notice.

"Chinji! You're bleeding!!!!!" Kangin's eyes grew wide as he took his hand away from the back of her head.

Chinji wasn't sure what was going on, but as soon as she felt behind her head, she could feel the red and sticky substance cover the palm of her hand.

".." She groaned.

"Will you fcking tell us what's going on?!" Eunhyuk finally started to yell losing his patience and watching her suffer.

"I can't, and I won't.. Now will you help me or am I going to help myself just like always!?" She screeched finally letting the truth spill.

Chinji had grown up with them ever since she was pretty much in her diapers. They helped take care of her and all throughout her life, she was always considered 'the lucky one' for having all the male attention, but not just any males, but it was THEM. It was similar to your relationship with EXO, except she had been close with most of them, other than Henry or Zhoumi, since she was a child. She was only a Freshmen in high school when they finally broke the news to her that they were all leaving to debut. She had put on a brave face and supported them throughout their career, but she hid the truth of what had been truly going on. At school, many people used her, and often times, being so gullible, was never an advantage. She fell hard for many boys, but was always the one with a broken heart in the end. Super Junior had never really asked her about how she was doing, and were more focused on their career. Sure every once in awhile on a holiday, they would greet her with a phonecall or a text, but the more popular they became, the less frequent the contact came. She eventually graduated and met Kevin. It was only after her heartbreak once again did they finally discover her true condition and what had happened to her. She was always the one heart broken, but she vowed to never be that way again. Kevin was a true friend to all of them and finally discovering what he had done to her, crushed whatever friendship they had with him. But as soon as they found out that she was a trainee, their guilt became worse knowing she was close by. They promised each other to protect her from then on.

"We're sorry..." Kangin muttered in shame.

Chinji shook her head after hearing herself utter such words, she could never be mad at them, they were like family.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that... Can you please help me though?" She was starting to have a head ache and she knew that if she hadn't known about the wound before, then she knew now.

Kangin quickly scrambled for some gauze and helped wrap it around her head to secure the bandage behind her head. 

"Thanks.." Chinji muttered.

Eunhyuk had left the room, but quickly came back with some ice packs, "Here.." He handed her the ice packs and tried his best to smile.

She placed them gingerly on her cheeks and eyes and smiled gratefully to them.

"Hey, just sleep for now.. We'll come check on you in a few hours and we'll have lunch ready by then." Eunhyuk soothing voice calmed her as she turned to her side and let her head rest on his bed.

"Thanks oppas..." She mumbled as she dozed off in an instant.

Kangin stood up and was about to leave, but he noticed that Eunhyuk was still rooted in his seat, his expression guilty as his eyebrows furrowed while watching Chinji.

"She doesn't hate you or any one of us for what we did.. You know that."

"But it doesn't make me feel any better knowing we left her to suffer by herself all this time."

"It's the past.. we shouldn't let it bother us, all that matters is that we're all here for her. She knows that too."

Kangin patted Eunhyuk shoulder and left the room. Eunhyuk followed eventually and shut the door behind him. Right in time, as Henry suddenly walked through the door.

Everyone in the room became rigid, they knew of Chinji and Henry's situation, and they all had a feeling, being caught and found by Henry was the last thing Chinji wanted to happen.

"Yo!" Henry greeted.

Everyone froze in place and looked at each other.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing! We just had breakfast.. Where were you?"  Zhoumi was the first to break out of the frozen mode.

"I took a jog outside?.." Henry looked at their suspicious faces with furrowed eyebrows.

"Did something happen?"

"Nope!" Kyuhyun quickly answered.

"You're all acting pretty strange.." He shook his head and sat at their table and took a portion of the leftover food and ate his fill.

 

 

Luhan woke up bright and early that morning. He was curious about Chinji's strange behavior the night before. He had finally mustered up the courage to confess yesterday, but she was nowhere to be found. He waited all day for Chinji, he even waited outside the dorm complex waiting all night. But she wasn't showing up. He was about to give up and head in since it was getting cold, but then he saw her. No matter how many layers of clothing she had tried to hide herself with, he could still tell it was her. And it seemed like he wasn't the only one to notice the other's presence.

She refused to show her face or make eye contact, and Luhan assumed it was because of their dirty little encounter a few days back. He smiled remembering the moment. He was sure she had felt the same, but he got a different response.

"Whoa, is something wrong?" He questioned after hearing her not-so-enthusiastic reply.

"No, just tired." She fled from him and into the building and up to her dorm.

Luhan sighed, he would just have to try again the next day.

And it was what he was doing right at that moment.

He knocked on your dorm door and waited. He had the key, but he felt like more of a gentleman if he knocked.

He waited at the door until Eunbae answered the door, "Oh? Luhan-ssi." She smiled at him.

"Hey.. Is Chinji here?" He asked a little nervous.

"Oh?.. actually.." She trailed off. At that moment, you opened the door wider so that you could be seen.

"She isn't in the dorm.. We don't even know where she is right now."

"Huh? But I saw her last night when she came in?"

"At what time?!"

"It was already like 11.."

"So she came in while we were sleeping, and left before we woke up??" You thought about the new revelation like some kind of detective and brainstormed where she could be.

"She left??" Luhan questioned completely unaware.

"Yeah, and she's still missing." Eunbae muttered.

"Where the heck did she go?!" You rolled your eyes in frustration and entered the dorm grabbing fistfuls of your hair.

________________________________________________________________________
A/N:

An update cause I don't have school today! ^-^ <3<3 YAY!

AHAHA, short author's note today.

BUT GUESS WHAT?! I'M ALMOST UP TO 90 Subbies and IM DOING MY VICTORY DANCE! ;DD WHOOT WHOOT. THANKS EVERYONE WHO'S READING MY STORY!

 

bye now.(: