Nine.

Tracing To You.

I woke up, my bedroom bathe in the morning glow of the sun.

 

The first thing I heard was someone talking with another just outside my bedroom window.

 

I crept out of my bed, looking out the window to find Halmonim talking with the neighborhood newspaper delivery guy.

 

I groaned and went to the door, only to bump into someone.

 

"Woah, woah, woah...." Minho pushed me away, " Where are you going?"

 

" Dammit.... Why must I bump into you this morning?"

 

" And my ears just got swore at in the morning.... "

 

I rolled my eyes and glared at him, "Whatever....Where are you going?" 

 

He noticed that I was looking at his dressing and he scratched his head, contemplating again. 

 

"Err...." He was about to say something when I silenced him with a look and said, "I'm going with you," 

 

He watched me slide the door back again and I quickly changed into a pair of shorts and tshirt. I tied my hair in a ponytail, coming out just as I was tying my shoelaces. 

 

I expected him to leave but he didn't. He waited for me, leaning against the wall, glancing at the watch on his wrist. 

 

"I thought you might leave," I said, looking at him from where I was tying my shoes. 

 

He smirked, "Well, might as well show you around the whole neighbourhood while exercising.... More fun than jogging alone..." 

 

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Did you just gave me a compliment?" 

 

"Did I?" He started walking away, "Catch up,pabo!" 

 

"YAH! WHAT PABO!" I yelled and ran after him. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"So, where's the best cafe to head to?" I asked, panting and jogging right up beside him. 

 

He smiled and pointed at the nearest street. "Its in this street... I went here a lot of times with my friends and the coffee is great." 

 

"Whats your favourite?" I asked, panting, 

 

"Americano..." He smiled for a moment before he glanced at me, "You drink coffee?" 

 

I smiled, "Neh... Latte and Mocha..." 

 

He nodded, giving me an approving look, "Not bad...." 

 

"Are you still schooling?" I asked him, wiping the sweat off my forehead,

 

He smiled slightly and muttered, "Studying in a university..." 

 

"Oh, wow...You're old." 

 

He glared at me. "Who are you to call me old!" 

 

I smiled cheekily, "You are! Since you're in university! I don't know you yet!" 

 

He made a tch-ed sound and stopped jogging. I stopped a few steps ahead of him, turning to look at him. He put his hands on his knees and panted, eyes looking at me. He jerked his thumb to the nearest shop. 

 

"Let's stop for now," He panted. 

 

"Wae?!" 

 

"You said you wanted to know me," He walked to me and grabbed my arm, "Kaja..." 

 

"W-What?!" I was dragged into the shop which turns out to be a convienience store.

 

"Order what you want, its on me..." He said, letting me go. 

 

I gritted my teeth and glared at him as he went to the drinks section and look over the variety of drinks. I followed him, grabbing a bottle of cold ice water and a box of sweets before I met him at the counter. He paid for the food and drinks and nudged me to the corner of the shop where there were seats available and a platform where we can eat and stare at the people outside. 

 

I grabbed my sweets and start chewing on one, just as he opened a bottle of isotonic water and start drinking. 

 

"So...." I began, playing with the sweet in my teeth. 

 

He smiled, "I'll tell you about me, but not all of it." 

 

I nodded, "Arasso..."

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The moment we were walking back, we were laughing and smiling at each other, having to know we had so many things in common. I was elated that someone was somewhat similar to me. We were joking now, now that the barrier between us have melted and disappeared. 

 

We headed back, laughing over something hilarious that happen to tickle our stomachs. We entered the main gate, walking passed the guest house. I looked up just as Minho did when someone moved in the corner of my eye. 

 

"Taemin..." Minho smiled, "Morning..." 

 

I smiled at Taemin too but all I got was a look that look like he had false hope. My smile slowly disappeared as he made down the steps and towards us. 

 

"Where did you guys go?" Taemin asked, hands in his pockets. He looked at Minho and tried to avoid my eyes. 

 

"Jogging," Minho smiled, patting the boy's back, "Tried to wake you up but you were dead," 

 

Taemin looked at me and then at him. He was about to say something when Halmonim came around and saved me. 

 

"Yah, Hye Rim-ah....I have to bless your dear friend here!" She laughed, walking back into the main house where the kitchen was letting out steam from its chimney. I smiled and patted Minho's shoulder along the way. 

 

"Catch you later," I told Minho who smiled. 

 

Taemin's eyes just followed me silently before I entered the main house and shut the door.