Forty.

Tracing To You.

MINHO'S POV. 

 

I knocked on the door a couple of times before letting myself in. 

 

Min Jae was standing by the window, staring out. Her eyes were wet and she sniffed a lot. She turned her head slowly, looking at me just as I entered and closed the door. I didn't want to approach her yet, afraid that if I would, she might hurl something at me. I sighed and called her out, hoping she would hear a little. 

 

"Min Jae~" 

 

She shook her head and looked out the window again. Once more, she sniffed and fresh tears trickled down her cheeks, glistening in the light near her bed. I gulped and took a step forward, before taking another and another until I was directly across from her, standing by the window as well. I watched her a little more before I called her out again. 

 

"Min Jae...." I said, not waiting for her answer, "Hye didn't mean to." 

 

"She almost did," She murmured, her voice choked in her voice box. She wiped her tears and stood up straighter, hugging her arms around her, "She almost did...." 

 

"She still came back," I noted, "Didn't you see that look in her eyes when she realise the mistake she almost committed?" 

 

Her face showed slight realisation before the angry mask covered her face once more. She sighed and then looked out the window, in to the night sky that was above us. She didn't spoke a word, just the sound of her breathing was the only thing I could hear despite the constant night creatures making melodious sounds outside the window. I looked out with her, staring at the full moon that shine and gave the whole yard a beautiful and calm glow. 

 

Someone was walking passed the bedroom, the footsteps faint and soft. I looked at the door, just in time to see a shadow before the shadow moved further downwards. It wasn't one pair of footsteps but two maybe... 

 

Hye Rim and Taemin. 

 

I sighed and perched my arm above my head, leaning against the window frame and looked out. 

 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I said absentmindlessly, "How nature look so calm despite going through thousand of years of climate changes and extreme conditions that might kill them..." 

 

I felt her eyes on me and I smiled, "Its funny to find out that we are the ones with the brains that could stop us from dying young from an illness or accident but still does.... unlike nature itself." 

 

She giggled and then looked at me. I turned and realised we were standing so close, arms brushing against each other. The warmth of her skin sending tingles down my spine but I resist in showing it. I smiled, hearing her giggle. 

 

"You sound like a professor," She teased, imitating my voice again. 

 

This time, I laughed and shook my head. I stopped just as she gave a few more laughs and then turned to look at me. She looked in to my eyes and the smile was slowly wiped away. 

 

I dared myself to lift my hand and caress her cheeks with the back of my hand. I cupped her cheeks and stared deeper into her eyes, finding my soul swimming in them. I couldn't resist and I needed to know just how much I needed this. 

 

Needed her. 

 

My heart beat faster than before, more faster than the adrenaline rush I felt whenever I compete. Something in me was overwhelming me with a feeling so new to me. I couldn't stop myself and I didn't want to. 

 

Now or never. 

 

I brushed my thumb over her lips and close my eyes just as I felt the hot breath escaping from her lips. She was nervous herself, I could sense her eyes on me. I brush my lips across hers- 

 

"Stop!" 

 

She pushed me away and shook her head. She took a step back and panted, staring on the ground and rubbing the creases on her forehead. She fell on the edge of the bed, covering her face in her hands.

 

"I'm...I'm..." I gulped and reached out to approach her but I stopped myself. 

 

Lets not make matters worse, I thought. 

 

"Mianneh...." I simply said,

 

"Just go," She said, her voice choking again, "Leave me alone," 

 

"Min Jae..." I hated that voice of hers, feeling so weak and devastated, like she failed to believe in something so magical. 

 

"Leave me alone, Minho!" She bit back, "GO!" 

 

I sighed and left the room, my heart breaking into million of pieces. 

 

I was left thinking that I did something wrong when  I didn't do anything close to it at all. 

 

Can't a simple kiss be met? What is wrong? Questions twirled around my mine just as I made out of the guest house. 

 

I wanted to crash real bad on the bed with my comfy pillows. But the whole situation left my mine cloudly and I turned the other way, heading to the gate before breaking into a run.