Sixty Four.

Tracing To You.

HYE RIM'S POV.

 

The night was still young but according to time, it was late.

 

I was closing the restaurant, coughing from a dry throat that I have gotten earlier this week. I sighed and took the rubbish out to the dumpster behind the restaurant.

 

"I'll be out!" I called on my manager who answered back as he cleaned up the rest of the restaurant with the rest of the staff.

 

I sighed and dragged the bag of rubbish out.

 

As I pushed the back door opened, I sighed and used the remaining strength I had to carry the rubbish behind my back and to the dumpster. It was a short walk but with a bag of heavy dump in a black plastic bag, the journey become long and tiring.

 

By the time I reached the dumpster, I was panting, heaving the rubbish into the dumpster.

 

I cleaned my hands out of dirt, sighing in relief.

 

"Hey !"

 

Before I could turn, I felt someone kicking me in the back, shoving me straight on the surface of the dirty dumpster. I felt the dirt and germs all over my cheek, shivering at the thought of the thousands of germs on my skin.

 

I was about to wipe the dirt away when someone grabbed my ponytail and pulled me away, making me fall on the ground. I scraped my palms on the surface on the stony pavement.

 

I looked up to see that same girl, whom I have quitted school due to. I gulped as she brought her gang with her, all under hooded jackets. I tried to get up but another blow in the stomach made me lose my breath and I found myself on the floor again. I coughed, hating the fact I had sore throat at that point of time.

 

"I miss you..." She said sarcastically, before pulling away.

 

Before I could process what was coming at me, I felt two hard blows on my head. I whimpered and bit my lip, preventing myself to cry out of agony.

 

My head was spinning and I couldn't see much as the white light was still blurring my vision. I shook my head a little just as I felt myself being pulled up by the collar.

 

"Payback time...." I heard her voice said, as she started to punch me in the stomach.

 

"Mmph!" I grunted and snapped my teeth hard, feeling the bits of chip tooth on my tongue.

 

I shut my eyes and took quick breaths whenever I can as the punches get more harder and harder than the previous. I felt someone let go of me and I crumpled on the floor.

 

The kicking and punching didn't stop, this time felt all over. I couldn't hold it, crying it out as I felt my body shaking violently and pain and numb from everywhere. The words hurled to me was barely heard in my ears, as I felt myself feeling weak.

 

Energy to protect myself was dissolving and I felt my body trembled. I needed sugars but...

 

"POLICE! STOP!"

 

I heard them all run before the police ran after them.

 

The pain starts coming after that, like a snake crawling up my leg.

 

Like a coil, coiling over and over around my body, trapping me in nothing but pain.

 

I felt myself puke, salt and rust on my tongue. I spit out again, trying to get up.

 

"Chogioh!" I heard a voice called on me, "Kencanah?"

 

Before I could reply, my mind slipped, as well as my whole body.

 

"Hye Rim!"