Twenty Eight.

Tracing To You.

TAEMIN'S POV

 

Honestly, I didn't know where to take her.

 

But from how she look, she needed the breather and moreover it seems like she needed me.

 

I in a huge breath and I held her hands. For the couple of times we held hands, my heart has been beating like a drum. It was not the painful feeling but the more refreshing and exciting kind. I smiled slightly, looking out on the road, wearing shades and bring my hood up on my head. She was wearing fair plain and simple.

 

She caught me looking and eyed my attire.

 

I bet she doesn't know about me having to be a celeb-

 

"I wanna head there...."

 

Her voice blinked me out of my reverie and I blinked and looked at what she was pointing to. She pointed to a small cafe in the corner of the street junction. She seem so fascinated by all the cafes here.... is like Singapore didn't have one. She was staring at me, waiting for an answer.

 

I quickly replied, "Lets go then..."

 

She smiled slightly and let me lead her in.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HYE RIM'S POV

 

I took a seat at the corner and settle myself as he sat down opposite me and smiled slightly.

 

That small kiss on the cheek was still felt there as if it was stamped. Everytime I felt someone looking my way, I turn red and thought the kiss could be seen.

 

Everytime he looks at me, I thought the kiss was iron-on my cheek.

 

I hate it whenever guys look at me. I feel like I'm always watched. Like a prey being watched by a predator.

 

It changes with different guys always.

 

There are guys who give you a friendly smile but a hidden agenda behind those nice smiles that you wished you hadn't been tricked earlier.

 

There are guys who are freaky with the way they smiled at you.

 

There are guys who smile and you don't even know whether its out of friendliness or just....

 

But Taemin....

 

When he smiles, you see the sincerity and kindness of his soul, his heart. I never dated a guy or even met a guy like him before. I know how to handle situations where the guy always seem to say they are taking you out for an entirely different reason but for a pretty much obvious reason. I always known those type of guys and they are the ones who play with your hearts and never returning them whole but broken.

 

And then the girl, like me, who wished infinity times that meeting that guy never happened.

 

Unfortunately for me, I have been tricked another 6 times until I told my heart to stop and force myself to look at guys as scumbags and morons who are only out there to get you and leave you in a horrible state as they laugh evilly in your ears.

 

Taemin was a new type of guy that I have never met before.

 

Maybe perhaps he is that guy that people say you will find one in a million.

 

Whatever it is, I'm not ready to get comitted or anything....yet.

 

I gulped and picked up the menu, glancing through and then giving my order to the waiter who came by our table. I smiled and ordered a ice blended mocha with egg sandwich. Taemin ordered some banana milk and some cake to compliment the drink.

 

"You better eat," Taemin muttered to me the moment the waiter turn his back on us and walked away.

 

"What do you mean?!" I hissed back, "I eat okays!"

 

He shook his head, "Not for the past week. Min Jae told me about you...."

 

I groaned and turned away not wanting to meet his eyes. It was extremely embarassing knowing people has been watching you like hawks and then telling you all in the face. I felt like the mask on my face has been slipped or pulled out without my will. I closed my eyes and frowned.

 

"Really...." He urged, "Just eat, arasso?"

 

I nodded and cursed again. I forgotten my insulin pack and left it on the table before he pulled me out. I should not eat, I told myself but I don't want to have to explain in long and scientific words why I can't eat. I don't want him to know I have what I have.

 

I know many people totally cringe away from me when they heard about what I have. I have experience and it hurts having to get looks and hearing gossips such as it is contagious and such. I hate it.

 

But that was back in Singapore.

 

I was now in a different country, maybe getting a shot at starting a new life here.

 

I gulped and looked away just as Min Jae texted me.

 

I read the message and cursed again.

 

Minho's coming over to hand over my meds. Somehow Min Jae found it lying in my room. She must have been helping me clean my room up since it look like trash. I have to agree unfortunately. For the past one week, I had no intention to do anything useful except Saturday to find a job. That includes cleaning my room. I had dumped clothes and everything everywhere and been sleeping with them too. I didn't want to clean up, totally not in the mood to.

 

Min Jae would normally nag but she didn't. She was more worried that I might lose my sanity than my messy room.

 

I sighed and counted just as I heard the door to the cafe opened and hit the small welcome bell on the top right hand of the door entrance.

 

I looked up just as Taemin did, to see Minho smiling at me.

 

"Hey cuz," He greeted me, "Taemin...."

 

Taemin looked a little embarassed and stunned. He gave a rigid nod before looking out of the window. I could see the tinge of redness in his cheeks, like he was embarassed to be found here with me.

 

I gulped when I thought of that and tried to distract myself from the thought by facing Minho.

 

"Hey..." I smiled, "Wanna join us?"

 

He shook his head, "I have some errands to run for Halmonim....Here," He passed the medication pack and smiled, "I have to go... The bank is closing soon."

 

"But how-"

 

He smiled, "I drive a car, for your information....if you didn't notice the garage in Halmonim's residence."

 

Embarassed, I smiled a little and changed the subject. "Komawo..."

 

He nodded and planted a light kiss on my forehead. I was a little stunned for a moment, knowing Minho is not a really touchy person but he just-

 

"Mian," He muttered, "I just feel like I wanted to... who knows you might-"

 

I know what he was getting at and shut him up with a look. He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

 

"Taemin-ah...." Minho smiled wider when the younger boy looked at him, "Take care of her will you? Make sure she is back by..." He looked at his watch, "By 6pm...."

 

"Yah!" I smacked his arm and glared at him, "Since when you were the boss of me,"

 

He chuckled, "Since I know someone is going to get you..." He winked at Taemin and waved us farewell.

 

I glared at him until he was out of the door.

 

"What did he mean?" I muttered loudly, drawing circles on the table surface.

 

"I wish I knew too..." I heard Taemin sighed forcefully, not wanting to meet my eyes. Like he knew something that I dont.