Seventy Two.

Tracing To You.

HYE RIM'S POV. 

 

After being discharged from the hospital few weeks back, I'm finally back at work. 

 

I was staring at my bank account book, looking at the amount of money I collected and smiled. I closed the book and took out a slip of paper, with a number and dial it. 

 

"Yeobosayo?" The voice on the other line muttered, 

 

"Ahh... Neh... Cheongsul hamnida for disturbing you," I my lips, "Are you renting out the second floor of your house?" 

 

"Neh! We are..." The voice replied, hinting a smile over on the other line. 
 

"Neh, arasso," I smiled, "I would like to see the second floor then...." 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Sungyeol walked with me to the house, hands in his pockets. He was looking at the ground as the night was still and quiet. It was pretty late and I finished late today at work. I glanced at him just as he did and smiled. 

 

"So...." He began, "You are moving out of your cousin's residence and moving in to your own rented house?"

 

I nodded, "I gave enough trouble already... might as well live alone with Minjae... is she approved," 

 

Sungyeol sighed, "I don't think she will, Hye Rim...." 

 

He stopped and pulled me closer to look at him. He looked into my eyes and sighed, pushing my fringe away. 

 

"She is very close to your family," He said, "She wouldn't approve at all," 

 

I sighed and leaned against him, "Then I don't mind living alone..." 

 

I felt strong arms wrapped around me and his hot breath in my hair. I shivered slightly. 

 

"I'll move in too," He said, "I'll keep you company...." 

 

I nodded and looked at him before he reached for my hand and took it in his and laced our fingers together. I bit my lip and tried hard not to think of Taemin's fingers in mine before we started heading for the house of the landlord. 

 

We walked in the garden and knocked on the door of the landlord who opened up and smiled, nodding her head to us. She saw Sungyeol and blushed saying that he's a celeb. 

 

"Are you two a couple?" She asked, looking at us hopefully. 

 

"Ahh... N-" Sungyeol shut my mouth and glance at me to stay quiet as he answered. 

 

"Aniyo..." He smiled, "She's my best friend," 

 

I was stunned to hear what he said but he let me go and took my wrist as I stood there, still in shock. 

 

"Ppali..." He dragged me to the second story through the stairs outside the house and followed the landlord in. I bit my lip and tried not to look at him most of the time as I was directed to where everything was. 

 

I let go of his hand the moment I could, pretending that I was exploring the house but my mind was not at ease yet. 

 

Sungyeol really didn't want me to be known. He has been keeping secret. And... perhaps I was asking too much since we only started dating few weeks after that first incident in the hospital. 

 

"Hye Rim?" 

 

I blinked and looked at him, forgetting that he had send me home and we were standing at the gates of the residence. I looked around, still a little stunned at where I was. I tried to smile but it looked wrong. I guess Sungyeol had sensed it, brushing his thumb over my lips. 

 

"Mianhae...." 

 

I shook my head and took his hand away from my lips. He didn't let go and laced our fingers, squeezing my fingers. 

 

"I should have-" 

 

"Aniya..." I sighed, "Its okay... I...I understand," 

 

He nodded and took a step forward before he planted a longing kiss on my forehead and pulled away heavily, looking over at me with a heavy look in his eyes. I bit my lip and tried to smile as I waved half-heartedly at him, watching him walk away into the darkness. 

 

"Sungyeol...." I muttered, "Mianhae..." 

 

"You should get inside," 

 

I jumped slightly when I heard Minho's voice and turned to see him leaning against the small gate. 

 

"How much did you hear! Or see!" I cried at him, piercing the still darkness. 

 

He chuckled and shook his head. "Didn't see anything. Or heard." 

 

I groaned and almost stomped my foot on to his when he caught my arm. 

 

"Look," He was about to begin with the Taemin-is-depress-and-he-can't-stop-thinking-about-you talk. 

 

"I had a long night, Minho," I said hopelessly, "Not anymore please." 

 

He nodded and glanced at me, him still leaning against the gate. 

 

"Taemin is not doing well," He whispered to me, as I started towards the guest house.