Forty Four.

Tracing To You.

TAEMIN'S POV.

 

The moment the van stopped at the A&E doors, I opened the door hard and desperately, running to the doors.

 

"SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?!" I yelled over my lungs, crumpling to the ground with her in my arms.

 

She was turning cold and pale, her heartbeat so faint and distant in the ride here. I was trembling, her blood all over me, smelling of copper and salt-

 

"Here!" A doctor directed the nurses to me, ordering them to bring over a stretcher. I lifted her slowly on the stretcher, her body so limped, every time she was moved, she just moved along like a puppet on strings.

 

Her arm shot out of the stretcher, fingers curled in. I reached out and kissed her hand just as the doctors and nurses pushed her through the emergency doors. I watched there, hopelessly, crumpling to the floor and crying. I didn't care about the blood in my hands, covering my face with her blood.

 

It smelled sweet and surprisingly, like her scent. I cried more, feeling someone hugging me from behind and lifting me up.

 

"Oppa..." Min Jae hugged me just as someone lifted me off my feet and directed me to another room.

 

The only sounds I could hear were my rigid breathing and the shuffling of feet on the floor, along with low murmurs and voices that sound so sad and down, I find it only irritating and annoying.

 

Jonghyun slowly let me off at the seat nearby, taking pieces of wet tissues Key was passing him and wiping my hands. Min Jae patted my head and let me lean on her shouder as she cried as well. She whispered words of encouragement to me but I was too occupied, too caught up with Hye Rim's condition right now to even heed any of it. I could only cry into her shoulder, hoping that it would comfort me but it didn't do much.

 

"Taemin...."

 

I looked up just as Minho went on his knees and took my hand. He helped me cleaned the rest of the blood up, his eyes looking at my hands with guilt and remorse. I looked at him and hugged him.

 

"Don't blame it on yourself, hyung...." I muttered, hugging him, "I never did. And never will. Its not anyone's fault. But we chose to be who we are.... she will accept it eventually."

 

He nodded and sniffed into my shoulder. I patted him, hoping to comfort him. He moved from me to Min Jae and apologised. Min Jae shook her head and hugged him. She patted him and hugged him tightly, wiping his tears away.

 

"Song Hye Rim's family?"

 

I immediately got up to my feet and hurried over to the doctor. He was the same doctor that helped me earlier and when he saw me, dressed in clothes stained with blood, he looked at me with a heroic look and sympathy. I looked at him, grabbing his hands unintentionally and pleaded.

 

"How...how is she?"

 

He smiled, "She just need a few stiching up on her head wound.... she broke her arm and the rest is just she sprained it...." He looked at me and put his hands over mine, "Tell me, what had happened?"

 

I gulped, "She was angry at us and somehow injuried herself first, before she fell off the window....But its was just onthe first floor..." I reassured the doctor.

 

He nodded, "Fortunate....Anyways, she is resting now, but she won't be waking up immediately... we have drugged her so she can let her body recover faster...."

 

I nodded and thanked the doctor who gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder. No doubt he recognised me and the rest of us in the room, except Min Jae but he didn't brought it up. I was glad he didn't.

 

Hye Rim.Hye Rim. Hye Rim..

 

Thats who I could think about at this moment. I ran out of the waiting room with tear-stained cheeks and heart beat racing,searching for her room. WIth the help of the nurses, I managed to find her room and entered in quietly. I heard the rest of them followed restlessly behind me, wanting to find out about her condition too.

 

I entered first, without hesitation.

 

The room was quiet, the only light dimmed was the one above her head. The heart beat monitor beeped every second, counting her hearbeat. I slowly walked up to her, tears stinging my eyes.

 

Hye Rim was on the bed, her head bandaged and her arm heavily casted. I looked at her, all cleaned up from the blood and changed into the hospital gown, lying under the thin blanket provided by the hospital. The drip of Glucose was dripping down to her IV tube on the back of her other hand. Her bruises were more distinct and visible now, appearing around her bare skin like pokka dots.

 

"Hye Rim...." I muttered her name, covering my trembling lips.

 

I reached out and touched her skin, feeling the dryness of it suddenly, the moisture away from the los of blood she had. I lifted her other hand and kissed it gently and softly, watching her face. She didn't stirred, too heavily drugged to even.

 

"Unnie...."

 

I looked up just as MIn Jae walked in with the rest. Minho was right behind her, his eyes glazed with tears and more tears bulding right under them. He sobbed quietly, falling to the seat next to the bed, and watched her. He was guilty and remorse for everything. I could feel his pain. I wanted to bear everything but its not my right to yet.

 

Min Jae touched her face and teared slightly. She smiled a little and leaned forward, planting a wet kiss on her forehead. She pulled away and close her eyes, silently praying for the safety of Hye Rim.

 

The rest of the hyungs came in and kept quiet. Key was sobbing quietly into Jonghyun's sleeve, regret burning in his eyes. Onew just sighed and touched her foot, squeezed it a little as a gesture of love and care. Jonghyun stood beside me, putting a hand over mine.

 

"She's going to be okay..." He reassured me.

 

I nodded, knowing it will.

 

Somewhere deep in my heart, something told me I was going to lose her.

 

I closed my eyes and silently prayed that I won't, hoping to be with her forever.