Fourteen.

Tracing To You.

"I'll be in the library if you need me.

 

I walked to the mini library in the main house, climbing up the flight of stairs to the second level. I pushed my hair back and continued walking, hoping to find out more about my family roots. I walked to the end of the corridor, opening the door and the smell of old books hit my nostrils. I sniffed once more and smiled, being grateful for having a small space of books to start with.

 

Books with relevant information that I needed.

 

I started reading then, looking through the titles and finding out what is there that could enlighten me on my family itself. I found a small diary with torn and worn out pages. Opening the pages, I began to emmerse myself into the entries. Reading through, I found out that Halmonim's sister left the family to find for money somewhere else.

 

She wrote to her everyday never fail until there was news on the Japanese Occupation and then she disappeared with no news.

 

The diary was the only prove that I have close to relating that my grandmother was related to Halmonim here. I sighed and tried to read on when I heard the door creaked and looked up to see Taemin peeking through. He found me and smiled slightly, a little blush on his cheeks making him look adorable. I waved him in, directing him with my hands to the empty seat in front of me.

 

He slowly walked to the seat and quiet sit. The seat creaked and his body tense. I felt his eyes on me and I smiled.

 

"Its okay..." I smiled wider, ended up giggling, "Just sit..."

 

He shifted uncomfortably, rubbing his hands together. He looked around while I continued reading on what happened, I didn't know how long but he shifted again and I looked up from beneath my glasses. He looked at me, innocently, his lips.

 

"If you're bored, you can find something else to do..." I muttered, showing a small smile.

 

He shook his head, "A-ani.... Actually, I wanted to find you."

 

I looked up and straightened my posture. I bookmarked the page of the book with my finger and looked at him.

 

"What's up?"

 

He shifted again, a little hesitant this time. I tilted my head and looked at him again.

 

"Just...." He his lips nervously, "Just wanted to check....on you...I mean,"

 

He pointed to the bandage on my knee and then looked at me again. I giggled.

 

"Really," I smiled, "I'm fine. Thanks for caring."

 

He nodded. "Erm, Min Jae went out again with Key so he sort of dump me here. Minho followed them. So its just me and you at home..."

 

It took me a moment to let it all sink in. I blinked and put the book down, forgetting to make a mark to bookmark the page. I stood up, and he did too. He scratched his head,nervously. I put the book back and looked at him.

 

"Let's do something?" I looked at him, my heart fluttering the moment he looked at me and smiled a little.

 

Oh, God, don't make me fall for him.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TAEMIN'S POV.

 

"What do you want to do?" I asked her as we walked down the stairs.

 

She shrugged, pushing her spectacles higher on the bridge of her nose. She hugged her arms together, rubbing them together. I had the sudden urge to ask her whether it was cold. But I know its not the cold that is making her like that.

 

Its me.

 

I noticed the goosebumps on her skin and fluttered slightly inside.

 

She is nervous around me.

 

"Is there something on my arm?"

 

I looked up and blushed the moment we locked eyes. She looked at her arm and then at me again. Then she opened and ask me again.

 

"Is there dust?" She asked, wiping her bare arm.

 

"A-ani....just....nothing." I stammered, cursing to myself mentally.

 

She nodded and then walked to the kitchen.

 

"Well," She stretched her arms up and then rubbed her hands together, "Its been a while since I cooked, so..."

 

Her gaze was .... I found myself looking at her lips instead. I gulped and meet her eyes again.

 

"Can you cook beef fried rice?" I asked her and wished I had stopped myself and slapped my lips.

 

She smiled and looked away before skipping to the kitchen cupboard and fridge and took out a few ingredients. I watched her, like a little butterfly flying here and there. She was not skinny or slim like SNSD Noona's or like Krystal and Sulli. She was a little plump, a little more meat on her thighs and... bottoms.

 

I gulped again and diverted my eyes away. I my lips and approach her from behind as she tried to reach for a pepper bottle in the high cupboard.

 

Did I mention she is not as tall as them but her height is just...perfect.

 

I reached up and take the bottle down. Her fingertips brushed against mine and I felt the heat scalded my cheeks. She smiled and took the bottle, like the brushing incident didn't matter to her.

 

"Komawo..." She smiled and return to the counter where she began to unwrap the ingredients and started cooking.

 

The smell hit me the moment she turn the fire on and added the ingredients in one by one. My mouth was watering and I my lips to stop myself. She mixed the things thoroughly with the spatula, turning it over and over again. I watched her from behind, climbing on to the high bar chair and resting my chin on my hand.

 

Her hair was thick and pretty, the urge to comb my fingers through her hair was uncontrollable. I quickly drummed my fingers on the counter top, trying not to get myself more distracted.

 

"Done!" She smiled, turning the fire off.

 

The smell hit me again and I was again feeling like I could eat a whole cow.

 

She scooped some into a plate and push it to me before she scoop for herself. She hopped onto the chair opposite me and smiled.

 

"Eat first! Tell me how it is!" She looked like a child, almost bouncing off her seat.

 

I nodded and smiled wider, as I spooned out some rice and eat it.

 

Her cooking was..... better than Key's.

 

I my lips and muttered, covering my mouthful mouth, "Its delicious!"

 

She smiled, "I was one of the top cooks in school....Well, eat well!"

 

I smiled and watched her as she ate, chewing on her fried rice and looking around at everything except me. I found a few cute sides to her, watching her with a new adoration at heart.

 

"Can I ask something?" I ask her again, hoping that I would get a chance...

 

"Neh..." She looked at me, chewing on her rice and gulping it down.

 

"Are you and Min-"

 

"WE'RE HOME! TAEMIN! HYE RIM! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Key screamed from the front door.

 

"BEEF FRIED RICE!" I heard Minho's footsteps running to the kitchen.

 

"BAEGOPA!" Min Jae burst out, running after Minho.

 

I sighed and saw them walking in. with Minho in the front and talking some plates. Min Jae started tasting some from the wok itself, too hungry to resist. I looked at Hye Rim who jumped off her seat and went next to Minho, helping him with his share and Min Jae's share.

 

My heart grew cold and green with jealously as I saw Minho looking at her with adoration and smiled. He told her something, making her laugh and slapped his arm playfully. I pouted and pushed my plate away.

 

"I'm not hungry anymore." I told Key as I passed by him.