Forty Eight.

Tracing To You.

HYE RIM'S POV.

 

I woke up again, panting and sweating in the middle of the night. Taemin was right beside me, his arm draped around me. I remembered him cuddling me to sleep before I totally slip into a dream. Now, I'm awake again with weak energy.

 

I need sugars.

 

I reached out to get the nurse bell but the unfortunate thing was that it was on the other side of the bed. I had to get over Taemin's sleeping figure to get to the button. I took a deep breath as my hand trembled and reach for the button. I managed to retrieve it but it fell halfway and hit Taemin's face.

 

"Omo~" I gasped, staring at his sleeping figure which stirred awake and rubbed the spot he got hit on.

 

"Oww...." He mumbled, waking up with bed hair. I took another deep breath as his bed hair made him look hot. I gulped and shook my head a little but it made it worse.

 

I felt like fainting.

 

Taemin caught me and steadied me. HIs eyes were alarmed and he held me tight. He the light and turned back to me.

 

"You look pale...." He muttered, "I'll get the nurse,"

 

With that, he took the remote that fell on him and press it. I heard the emergency sound sounded right outside my ward. I was too weak to move, let along even speak. I leaned my whole body against him, grateful for the warmth that my body needed. I was feeling cold and weak, like I was dying. Energy seeped through me like a vampire blood out of its prey.

 

I shut my eyes. It was the most lightest and promising thing to do at the moment.

 

"Stay with me," Taemin urged, hugging me, "Don't close your eyes,"

 

Its the most safest thing to do, my thought spoke itself but I couldn't move my mouth.

 

I heard nurses rushing to my aid. Taemin told them what happened and they rushed immediately. I managed to see one of the running out and then coming back with a packet drink with a straw. She handed to me, and it was the most tempting and most desperate thing I needed now. If anyone were to ask how could it be, I would just smile.

 

An inside joke for diabetics.

 

I took it and sipped all in one go. The drink was refreshing, delicious... like the most fantastic thing in the world. Apart from Christmas or birthday presents, diabetics who are suffering like me at this point is bless with te drink they are given.

 

I took another long sip before signalling for another.

 

After my third packet drink, I felt my sugars coming back and sighed in relief.

 

I was finally feeling better, breathing normally and steadily, like I've just been revived from the dead. I shut my eyes for a moment, just as I heard the shuffling of feet heading out of the room. I looked up just as the nurse took my glucosemeter and checked my blood reading. Taemin held me tight, not letting me go. He kissed my temple and looked at the reading that was displayed on the meter screen.

 

"Its better," The nurse commented and smiled, "Will arrange a meal for you, a light one. Can't take a heavy one at night,"

 

I could only smile, "Komawo~"

 

She turned to Taemin, "Good thing you dialled at the right time," And then she left the room.

 

Taemin held me close and kissed my sweaty forehead that was wet from cold sweat. He wiped it with his hand and push my hair back, sighing. He held me tighter, his arms holding me protectively.

 

"Better,love?" He asked me, and I blushed, hearing him call me by a nickname. I turned to him, nuzzling my face in his neck.

 

"Mhmm...." I moaned, "When I'm like this next time, just give me a candy and drink,"

 

He nodded, "Anymore?"

 

"Bring forward my meal time," I muttered, opening my eyes and staring into his, "I'll get hungry after that."

 

He laughed, his breath coming up shortly. He kissed my nose and cupped my face.

 

"I'm still new to this.... Give me some time. I'll have to pick up lessons on Diabetes if I have to, I'll do whatever to make sure you are okay...." He said with a total heart, "I promise you,"

 

I smiled a little and pecked his lips, "What are we then?"

 

He smiled and looked at me.

 

The room was dark now, one of the nurses must have turned off the main light that blinded me just now. The only source of light was the small reading light but it didn't lit the room much like how the moonlight did. The room was filled in midnight blue, the whole scene so quiet, so eerie yet beautiful and peaceful. My hear was at ease with him near me, and I wanted to hug him back but I was still preserving my strength. I gulped and turned to look at him, my eyes reading his brown eyes.

 

"You're my girlfriend now," He said proudly, "My love, need I say more?"

 

I smiled and shook my head, "Aniyo....just need one more thing from you,"

 

He looked at me, confused. His eyebrows met in the middle and he looked pretty adorable. I smoothed them and looked deep into his eyes.

 

"What is it?" He asked,

 

"This...."

 

I leaned in and kiss him, sealing the love I had for him.