Twenty Four.

Tracing To You.

MINHO'S POV

 

"Yah! Taemin! Where is Hye Rim?!"

 

I was dumping the bags into the company van, when Taemin came out of the door with Hye Rim following after him. Both of them looked awkward together, still keeping a safe distance between each other. I smiled, acknowledging that the fact that the plan will be initiated, both of them would have to thank us for it.

 

Jonghyun came up, singing to a song he has been addicted to.

 

"Where are they?" Key came up after him, putting his hands on his hips before he even looked up.

 

"AHA!" He pointed and ushered the both of them inside the van.

 

"What about Min Jae?!" I heard her muttered, just as Min Jae appeared behind me.

 

"Coming~" She said, dumping her bag into the van.

 

I looked at her and widen at her dressing. I really wanted to pull a long robe over her and ask her to head back and change but-

 

"Is there something wrong?" She asked, looking at her outfit.

 

"A-ani!" I stammered, cursing mentally why did I even. She shrugged and walked to the side door of the van, climbing in. She hugged Hye Rim and cuddled with her in a cute way that-

 

"Yah! Minho! Ppaliwah!" Onew smacked me from behind and shoved me to the side door of the van, as he closed the door and climbed in as well.

 

"Ka ja!" Key and Jonghyun smiled, a little too excited.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TAEMIN'S POV

 

I honestly don't know where we are going but hyung said it would be somewhere fun and special.

 

I hope it was the amusement park, honestly.

 

We rode in the van for almost an hour, hearing Onew, Jonghyun and Key singing and entertaining us with random acts. Hye Rim and Min Jae was smiling and laughing at them, enjoying their ride. I was too captivated I guess to join in the party, prefer to watch her from far than to entertain. I was still a little shy around her and the aura between us has been upside down most of the time...

 

"Taemin...." Minho nudged me, "Take care of this for me?"

 

He passed me a polaroid camera and some rolls of film. I nodded and slid them into my small backpack I carried with me. He smiled and sat back down to his seat. I managed to catch him glancing at Min Jae's direction and smiled.

 

Maybe I should hook Min Jae and Minho together.

 

"We're here!" Key announced, jumping on his seat like a small kindergaten child.

 

I looked out just to see the ferris wheel and the roller coaster. I was too eager to head out and start playing the rides.

 

"Let's play a competition!" Jonghyun announced, earning everyone's attention, "Split into groups and take as many pictures and rides as possible within 2 hours before heading back here. Those with the most number of pictures together will win a prize!"

 

Just as the van stopped, I noticed that everyone was looking at each other and smiling cheekily. I was about to open my mouth to say something when Onew opened the door and shouted, "GO!"

 

Onew, Jonghyun and Key burst out first, running away from the van. Minho reached out swiftly to grab Min Jae's hand and pulled her stunned figure out of the van, running in another direction.

 

"Hyung! YOUR CAMERA!" I shouted after him, coming out of the van.

 

"Aish...."

 

I turned to see Hye Rim pouting and wiping the dust off her pants. She frowned and muttered, "That's pretty much unfair..."

 

She looked up and stoned when she saw me. She blinked and sighed, standing beside me.

 

"Oh well...." She muttered, "I guess we have no choice, do we?"

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Aish," I muttered, "What kind of game is this anyways?!"

 

We were coming up the front gate of the amusement park. Taemin was walking a safe distance from me until the crowd came together as we edged closer to the entrance. He was brushing his arms with mine, walking close and not losing a sight of me. I looked at him and put my hands on my hips.

 

"Did you plan this?" I asked, looking past his innocent exterior.

 

"Ani!" He looked shocked and innocent, "I didn't even know.... Umma just told me that we were heading to somewhere fun. Thats all..."

 

I shrugged, wanting to believe him and I did. We paid for the entrance fees and walked into the park. There were so many things to do around here apart from taking photo. But for me, everything that has the word, 'prize' in it, requires strong and competitive competition.

 

I have to win and collect whatever prize there is.

 

I pulled his wrist and dragged him to a nearby shooting booth. He looked at me blurly before the conductor of the game stepped up and shove a water gun into his arm. I looked at him and smiled.

 

"Pass me the camera..." I said, motioning with my fingers,

 

He hesitated, "The rule is to take a picture together to win the game..."

 

I looked at him and wanted to say what kind of bull it was when I remembered Jonghyun's words correctly. I hate to accept that his right but the prize....

 

"Arasso...." I took the camera and turn it so the lens was facing me, "Let's take a picture then...."

 

He nodded and leaned in close to me, smiling. I glanced at him sideways and blinked when I saw how beautiful he is before I quickly snapped myself out and snapped a picture.

 

After that, I just told him, "Win for me something...."

 

Through all the booths, we win sweets instead. Taemin wasn't good at most of the games but he tried his best. I smiled and encourage him, unwrapping a sweet and popping in his mouth. He was a little awkward at first but the awkwardness disappeared after a few booths. We had taken lots of photos.

 

Taemin called them selcas. I called them photos. But selcas sound nicer so I was beginning to adopt the word as well. I giggled as we walked our way down the beach nearby, chewing on cotton candy that we got from the snack stall. Minho's camera, as Taemin clarified with me, was dangling on my neck. I was barefooted, carrying my pair of slip-ons.

 

He looked at the sunset, his jeans folded up to as high as his thighs. I smiled and enjoyed the sunset scenery silently, looking up occasionally as the sun goes down.

 

"That was fun..." Taemin muttered after a long silence.

 

"Neh...." I smiled, "But you can't even win!"

 

He smiled wider, "Yah! Its not my fault for getting such lousy shots.... You think you could have done better?"

 

I nodded, "I am better...."

 

He chuckled, "You sound like your cousin...."

 

I smiled, "It runs in the blood, I guess..."

 

He smiled and stopped.

 

"Wait...." He came over me and picked out something from my hair, "This was in your hair...."

 

I looked at the dried leaf in his hand before I looked at him.

 

I realised my mistake then.

 

He was so close, I could smell his scent apart from the salty scent of the sea so close to me, it was intoxicating. I almost passed out but I held my cool and looked at him. He was staring at me, his smile replace by something else like a new found prize. He looked directly into my eyes and blinked. I held his gaze, too captivated by his naturally beautiful brown shades. I realised my heart was beating in a rate that I never had with the other boys I used to date and I was breathing in a way like I just ran 10km without rest.

 

Taemin looked at me and gulped, his Adam's apple riding up and down his throat right under the skin. He looked right into my eyes again before he dropped the leaf and close in.

 

I found myself too stunned to step away, closing my eyes at that moment. I breathed in and thought over and over again.

 

This is it, I thought, This is it... My first kiss..

 

Just as I was about to feel and melt in his touch, I blinked and stepped away.

 

"Wait...." I stopped, putting a distance between us.

 

He realised his mistake and blinked too. He stepped away and took a few steps back.

 

"I'm.... I'm....." He muttered, "I didn't... I didn't mean to.... Mianneh...."

 

I shook my head and looked away.

 

The sun was already setting and midnight blue was creeping with the clouds above us. I looked up and spotted a few stars in the night sky. I turned to him and muttered.

 

"We should head back...." I said, turning away first, not waiting for his answer even.

 

I heard the crunching of his feet following behind me and I let out a sigh of relief.

 

At least he wouldn't leave me like that... I thought, hoping that he still would.

 

But my heart was more of wishing that the kiss should have happened before it ended abruptly.