Twelve.

Tracing To You.

A week after staying over at Halmonim's place, I was getting bored and literally spend my time outside instead of the four walls around me. I sighed, walking out to the neighbourhood playground next to the basketball court. The neighbourhood was quiet and peaceful but there were sounds of children playing and running around.

 

I was literally dressed in plain shorts and oversize tshirt, something that I had grown up comfortable in. I sighed and continued walking, getting myself familiar with the surroundings around me. Just as I was walking pass the playground to the neighbourhood basketball court, something caught my eye.

 

Minho was sweating his whole body out, hair drained in sweat and clinging to his face. He kept swinging his head to the right, moving the wet hair out of his eyes as he bounced the ball in his hand and positioned himself at the 3-pointer to shoot a score. He was pushing himself to the limits, testing himself and repeating it over and over again until he looked pretty satisfied himself.

 

I smiled at the sight of my cousin and walked to him, stopping him in the middle of his game. He let the ball bounce off the ground towards me where I managed to catch the ball and shoot a goal into the basket.

 

"Hey cousin," He smiled and ruffled his wet hair, making the sweat droplets hit my skin.

 

"Yah," I made a tch sound and glared at him, "Gross...."

 

He smirked, "I thought you weren't that type who freaks out over wet things?"

 

"You make that sound so wrong," I blurted out and bit my tongue again after he gave me a look. I blushed and looked away just as he caught the ball and pass it to me.

 

"Play," He said, "With me,"

 

I made a sound in my throat and gave him a look, "Seriously?"

 

He nodded. I smiled even more.

 

"Arasso...." I smiled and started the mini game with him.

 

We played a few minutes and the score was almost tied at 5. We were both good players. He didn't treat me like a girl on the court but a fellow competitor. He literally pushed and shoved me but I pushed him back and glared at him.He didn't mind the competition but he was willing to be a little lenient with me.

 

I noticed how at times he let me shoot some scores. But still he made sure he was a point more than me.

 

I was still dribbling the ball in my hand, about to dodge him and shoot the ball. My sweat was rolling down from the top of my head to my chin, dripping on the floor. My eyes were locked on my cousin in front of me, who was reading where I might shoot. He knows that my strongest is my right side, seeing how many times he tried to dodge me at the right when I tried to shoot.

 

Imma change my game plan to the left instead.

 

I moved forward, coming to the right just as he moved the same way and tried to block me.

 

I dodged him again, glancing at his shock face just as he quickly moved and grabbed me just as I jumped. He pulled me down with him, my joints hitting the cement floor hard and the pain shot right up through my brain. I gasped and winced slight, just as he rolled me over and fall on the other side of me.

 

"!" I immediately reached and hugged my knee that was scraped off the cement floor and bleeding badly.

 

MInho shook his head a little before he noticed that I was injuried and rush over to me.

 

"Shoot," He muttered, prying my hands away, "Kencanah?"

 

I slapped his hands away and glared at him, "Obviously not!"

 

He gave an apologetic look and put his hands up in surrender, "MIanneh.... I didn't mean to get that rough with you,"

 

I rolled my eyes and wiped my scraped hands, "Whatever...."

 

He seem hopeless but he let me be when I get up. I had no choice but to grip his shoulders to get up before I wiped the sand off my hands and pants before I tried to balance myself.

 

"Annyeong~"

 

I jumped slight in shock, gripping Minho's forearm just as I heard Key's voice. I gulped and my other hand flew to my chest. My heart still beat fast from the adrenaline rush and the shock he gave me. I gripped on Minho's forearm until he shook it slight. I let him go but still held on to him for support.

 

"Key....." Minho muttered, "What are you doing here?"

 

Key smiled and tilted his head, "Was just around the neighbourhood. Saw you guys playing so I decide to drop by."

 

"Are you alone?" I asked, just as someone else popped behind him.

 

Taemin's smile was still there until he came right next to Key. The smile changed into a frown as his eyes travelled to my hand gripping MInho's forearm. I blushed and tried to pull my hand away, forgetting that I injuried myself. I lost my balance, and Minho had to grab me again, holding me close.

 

"I'm with Taemin.." Key nudged the younger boy's arm.

 

Taemin blinked, waking up from his reverie and smiling slight at us. I saw the look in his eyes, the type of judging and jealous look that I have seen in guys before. I in a huge breath, to hold the pain and to clear my head, hoping not to think that someone might have just fallen for me.

 

"Can we go?" I bit my lower lip, "I'm tired."

 

"Can you-" MInho asked but I just nodded and silenced him.

 

"Arasso," He sighed and turned before he turned back and looked at the other two, "You guys coming?"

 

Key smiled and shook his head, "Aniyo... We have somewhere to go,"

 

Minho nodded and waved, helping me walk. I turned again and smiled farewell at them. Key smiled back slightly.

 

Taemin, however, was staring at Minho's back, shooting thousands of arrows into his back before his eyes met mine and that same longing look in his eyes were there before we turn to another corner and disappear from their sight.