Thirty Eight.

Tracing To You.

MIN JAE'S POV. 

 

Yesterday was April 29. 

 

And we made a surprise party for Taemin and Unnie, after some sort hearing from the other oppas that they were finally hitting off. I was happy for her that we decided  to throw a surprise party for them when they come back. 

 

I was too wound up with the party decorations that I forgot how much Unnie hates surprises. 

 

And when the beginning of something new was about to start, it ended terribly. 

 

I was hoping she might be alright the next morning. 

 

I woke up that morning, after the crash party that happened last night. Immediately, I went to the bathroom, changed and finally took a deep breath, right outside her door. 

 

Knocking on her door a few times and waited for her to answer didn't expect it to take so long. I thought maybe she might still be asleep but ... 

 

"Unnie?" I opened the door and looked at the bed. 

 

It was empty and strangely, not touched. 

 

"Unnie?" I looked around and then looked out the window. Everything seem to be in place. But...

 

I turned behind and then relook again. 

 

Everything was in place. The only things were.... 

 

I burst out and ran to the main house. I burst opened the front door and ran to the kitchen. 

 

"Minho!" I yelled, scurrying up the stairs to the upper floor, "Minho!" 

 

One of the doors cracked opened, Minho appeared with bed hair. He was not wearing a shirt and staring over his formed abs, I almost lost my words for what I wanted to say. 

 

Minho looked at me, puzzled and annoyed, "What?" 

 

"Un...." I stammered and then restarted again, "Unnie's gone..." 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

MINHO'S POV. 

 

"What do you mean she's gone?" 

 

I wore a shirt and pulled her back to the guest house and went to her room. 

 

"Her belongings, everything is gone..... She took off." Min Jae was close to tears, "Oh my god, this is all my fault....the party yesterday and ... and..." 

 

I took a look inside the room and stepped in. Min Jae followed close behind while I checked the cupboards and everything. Everything was gone, missing. Nothing was left behind, not even a single photo. I gulped and looked around, wondering where she might go. 

 

"Its all my fault... Unnie's gone.... She's gone.... I shouldn't have surprise her like that.... I got too carried away...." Min Jae kept on droning on and on. 

 

I turned to her and grabbed her hands. She stopped and gasped, staring at me in fear. 

 

"Stop!" I said, "Just shush for a moment." 

 

She nodded and bit her lower lip. 

 

"Where could she have gone?" I asked myself over and over, pacing the room. 

 

"Hye Rim?" 

 

"Taemin oppa?" Min Jae mumbled, staring at the doorway just as Taemin appeared. 

 

"Min Jae? Hyung?" He looked at us and then looked around the room. 

 

"Where's Hye Rim?" He asked, a little too blur to notice that everything was gone. 

 

I was about to say when Min Jae muttered, "She's gone...." 

 

She pulled her legs up and whimpered, hugging herself. 

 

Taemin looked at me, stunned. Like he was waiting for me for a confirmation. 

 

i sighed, "She's gone....She took off...but I-TAEMIN! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" 

 

Taemin started running out before I could even stopped him. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TAEMIN'S POV. 

 

"The number you have just dialled is currently not available. Please try again later." 

 

I grit my teeth and slipped my phone in the pocket, as I flagged for a cab down. 

 

I had to find her. 

 

My worse fears were.... 

 

"Where do you want to go?" Ahjusshi looked at me through the rearview mirror and widened his eyes when he noticed me. I didn't had time to explain but if I had, I would.

 

But time is precious, its slipping away... 

 

"Airport," I said, and took a deep breath, taking my phone out again and called her number over and over. 

 

I gave up trying then, paying the cabbie money that I had left with me and ran out. 

 

, where could she be? 

 

Instincts told me she was right here. But... 

 

My phone's pathetic, everything that I could think of is going down the drain as well. 

 

I burst through the door, met with the sudden relief of cold breeze from the air con hitting my sweaty face. I wiped the sweat and realise I was sweating real bad. 

 

"HYE RIM!" 

 

Everyone looked at me, looking at me like a lunatic. I ignored all of them and start running in some direction, calling out for her. 

 

"HYE RIM!" 

 

Left direction, running. 

 

"HYE RIM!" 

 

Turned right then. 

 

"HYE RIM!" 

 

There was a queue right up in front of me. I went up to line, looking at every person there. My heart almost dropped, seeing that no one was her at all. I almost gave up when I noticed another line.

 

Most of them had got in, leaving only a business like guy in front and the last person behind him. 

 

"Hye Rim?" I muttered and ran up. 

 

"HYE RIM!" 

 

The last person turned, her eyes grave and cold but when she saw me, her eyes widened. She turned back and tried to rush in, reaching out to give her passport and air ticket. 

 

"Aniyo!" I retrieved her passport and air  ticket before she gave it to the person. 

 

"Excuse me, sir...." The air stewardess tapped my shoulder,

 

"She's not going on," I bit back, glaring. 

 

She hesitated and pulled away, immediately sealing the gate and walked away. 

 

I turned and faced Hye Rim, who didn't want to look at me. She was holding back tears as I called her to look at me. 

 

"Hye Rim...." I called out to her, "Please...." 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HYE RIM'S POV. 

 

I looked up and stared straight into his eyes. 

 

Though tears threatened to fall, I was trying hard not to. Tears were my weakness and I teared a lot when I'm angry and sad. I couldn't help it, and it's impossible to stop it. Once it flow, they don't stop. 

 

"It's my mistake to love you," I said, "I shouldn't have...." 

 

Taemin was taken aback by the words coming out of my lips. He looked at me dumbfounded and blinked. I didn't had the urge to stop so I continued. 

 

"I shouldn't have let you on," I muttered, "I really shouldn't have. Not everyone deserves a good life. Min Jae does, she enjoys it better than I do here. I don't. I only came here to find out on my family roots and then leave." 

 

"Then I got to know you and everyone else.... And it only made me painful to leave Min Jae here alone without me." 

 

"I don't deserve this. I deserve the life I have back at home where everyone treats me like nothing and I enjoy it." I gave out a shaky laugh, "I deserve it.... I enjoy being nothing.... Not like here, where everyone seems so nice and are always looking out for me,"

 

"I'm sorry for making you fall for me...." I muttered, "I'm sorry for making you love a girl like me." 

 

He shook his head and cried, looking at me. 

 

I took my passport from him and walked to the boarding gate. It seems like the air stewardess there were waiting for the others-or maybe me. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath, closing my eyes before I had over my passport and ticket....

 

"Hye Rim, don't. I love you, I really do.....Don't...." 

 

I turned and saw Taemin coming up to me in three long strides, head tilted and he was cupping my face. I closed my eyes almost automatically, feeling his lips on mine. He didn't pushed it but he made me feel how he felt. 

 

Lost, hurt, remorseful.... 

 

He didn't want me to pull away, holding the back of my neck and continued kissing me. 

 

"Hye Rim...." He mumbled against my lips, "Don't leave me...." 

 

I looked at him, seeing the sincerity in them before I burst out crying and hugging him. 

 

"I love you.....I love you....." He kept repeating those words over and over, "Don't leave me...." 

 

"Taemin...." I muttered his name once more and cried, feeling his lips on mine again. 

 

"I love you, don't go...." He said, cupping my face to look at him, "Don't go." 

 

I looked down and then at him, "I won't.... I won't leave......" 

 

"I love you more, Taemin...."