Twenty Five.

Tracing To You.

MINHO'S POV

 

"Ouch!"

 

I turned and let go the moment  I heard her mutter in agony. I realised that I have been holding on to her hand for quite some time and a little too hard. Her wrist was swollen and red but it was a mild one. It will go after a few hours. But that means...

 

"Mianneh!" I apologised, looking at her wrist, "Let's get something cold to get the pain away..."

 

She just nodded, glaring at me for a moment before she walked off and I had no choice but to follow her with a tinge of guilt.

 

Min Jae was nothing like Hye Rim to be honest. She is alot like Kibum in a more feminine and scary way. She can be scarier than Kibum and it reminds me of those times when things between me and the diva was not really good, leaving us a couple of years to get adjusted to each other before finally things were okay. But there were some times where things were still very awkward.

 

And he has a perfect style and time to annoy the hell out of me.

 

However, Min Jae was kinda.... different..

 

In most ways, she reminds me of Kibum.

 

She also look kinda similar to Kibum.... Her eyes and lips. Her face was still a little rounded with baby fats and her nose was slightly more cuter than his and less sharper I guess. I wouldn't be surprise if someone were to ask her if she's Kibum's sister. I smiled just as I caught up with her.

 

She glanced my way as we queued at a snack bar, waiting to buy cool drinks so she can put it on her wrist. She made a sound that sounded like annoyance and then folded her arms and looked away. I gulped nervously and looked at her.

 

"I didn't mean.... I mean.... I didn't mean to hurt you like that.... I get to excited sometimes that-"

 

"That you get dragged away and forgot reality?!" Ouch, her words hurt me like stabbing knives, "All guys say that and they still end up the same way anyways..."

 

"Have you ever met a guy like that?" I shot her back a question which made her glare at me more and then look away.

 

She didn't replied but moved up the line.

 

"Anyways, what is it you guys are planning to do to Unnie?!" She demanded, glaring at me, "Leaving her alone with Taemin?!"

 

I smiled, "We know what we are doing anyways...."

 

"Yeah, right..." She shot back, "Unnie hates being left alone with someone who she doesn't know yet....moreover a guy...."

 

I stared at her fascinatingly as she brushed her hair away from her face in a swift and angry motion. I blinked and looked away.

 

She's really like Kibum....

 

"Its a set-up..." I let her in on the plan, "Taemin is crushing on her..."

 

She widened her eyes and looked at me like she couldn't believe it.

 

"She wouldn't let him in....." She made it sound like a threat, "Really....after all she's been-"

 

"I know...." I smiled, "She told me everything.... I'm her cousin, I should know about her..."

 

She heaved a hopeless sigh and looked away. When it was our turn, she ordered a strawberry smoothie and a hotdog.

 

"Make it 3 hotdogs... and a coffee shake." I corrected her, earning her unbelievable look.

 

The moment the person at the counter went to make our orders, she turned to me.

 

"You eat a lot..." She noted and then looked away, looking a little guilty herself, "Like I do..."

 

"You do?" I looked at her from toe to head and down again, "You looked slimmer than Hye and better looking....Impossible to be a glutton like me...."

 

She stared at me, "What do you mean?! Hye eats lesser than me.... I eat a lot actually...."

 

"Welcome to the club," I muttered with a smile, gaining another useful common information between the both of us.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HYE RIM'S POV. (I know I haven't been putting the title but I hope you guys know its the main character's pov in the previous chapters.)

 

I walked back, keeping a safe distance from Taemin.

 

Taemin kept close but still.... as I said, a distance.

 

The van was there, waiting for our arrival. I was too scared to look up, afraid that something might hit me and then I would say or do something that I might regret in a long run. I rubbed my arms, wishing for my sweater. The night was creeping in and so was the cold breeze from the sea. The temperature was decreasing with the passing time, making me wish for long pants and long sleeves....

 

Possibly a winter jacket and mittens too.

 

"...." I breathed out, realising how cold it was.

 

I didn't hear anything behind so when I felt something drapped over my shoulders, I shivered at the brush of his fingertips and looked to my side to see him in a thin shirt. His thick baseball jacket was over my shoulders, shielding me from the cold wind. I was a little guilty, seeing him in such a state.

 

He was skinny and all, and the cold should affect him more than me. I mean, I've got fats and he doesn't.

 

He met my eyes and smiled slightly, making my heart beat faster.

 

"Take it...." He urged me, "You're cold...."

 

I was about to argue when he shake his head and said, "Don't be stubborn....Trust me...You need it."

 

I nodded and slid my arms in his jacket. His warmth and the thickness of the jacket was comforting. I found myself hugging myself in the jacket, taking small whiffs of his scent on it. It was more stronger on his jacket than what I smelled just now at the beach. I swear I thought I might faint right there, his scent too intoxicating to my senses and pushing them to overdrive mode.

 

I saw that he was getting cold too, but he was stubbornly trying not to show it. He walked in front of me, rubbing his hands when he taught I wouldn't see.

 

I sighed and walked next to him.

 

"You're cold..." I noted to him, stunning him when he jumped slightly at the sound of my voice next to him.

 

"I..." He looked at his hands and slid them in his pockets, "I'm not...."

 

"Don't lie to me, Taemin...." I said, "Take my hand...."

 

I put my hand out for him to take. He stopped and looked at my hand like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He hesitated slightly before he reached out. His fingers brushed against the surface of my skin, sending tingles to my brain and slight shivers down my spine. I expected him to just grab my hand but his fingers slid in between mine and he gripped my hand, interlocking our fingers.

 

I noticed I was staring straight at our hands until he motioned our interlocked hands to my face and his finger poked my cheek.

 

I looked up to find him, smiling at me.

 

My heart was racing like a bullet train. Possibly faster than that.

 

I breathed in and looked at him.

 

He chuckled and smiled, "Shall we go?"

 

I nodded, shaking myself out of my reverie. He pulled me along, the slight pull was a little too much for me and I found myself falling straight into him. He caught me for a moment. I didn't want him to let me go but unfortunately he did.

 

I guess he was still feeling gulity for what almost happened just now. I blushed as I stared at his back, walking towards the van.

 

He opened the van's side door and gestured for me to enter. I thanked him and smiled a little before climbing in. He shut the door, not letting the cold night air getting in. I half-expected him to sit next to me, watching him as he finally closed the door. He smiled at me as he passed by my seat and sat at the back.

 

My hopes sinked down like that.

 

I gulped and hugged his jacket around me. I looked out the window, trying hard not to cry as I felt guilty for having to push him away.

 

Honestly, I wanted to get to know him too.... but my heart was not ready yet...