Thirty One.

Tracing To You.

HYE RIM'S POV

 

"Unnie!" Min Jae screamed at me, "Paliwah!"

 

"Aish.... Jakkaman!" I yelled back, fumbling with my sneakers before catching up with her.

 

She linked her arms with me the moment I reached her, and smiled, skipping happily. I was still too tired to play the good unnie but I tried not to blurt out my bad attitude to her. I kept quiet mostly along the way to the school she had successfully enrolled in, to help collect her school books and uniform and all. The night before she had a heart-to-heart with her Umma who also talked to me and told me to take care of her while we are overseas. I told her I would and promised her.

 

The school was sort of nearby but the longer we walked, the longer it is to take some time to reach the school. After a while, I looked at her questioningly.

 

"How long more?"

 

She smiled and shrugged, "Actually, its quite far. Just that I need to walk more to burn the fats than to ride the public transport."

 

"MWOH?!" I facepalmed and sighed heavily, "Forget it, I'm tired, Min Jae-ah and lets take the bus instead!"

 

I pulled her to the nearest bus stop, much to her protest and whining. Unfortunately, she climbed on board too, sitting next to me. I let her sit inside, so that she would be mad at me for dragging her to take the public transport. I sighed heavily and keep a look out just as we were coming near the school bus stop and I pressed the button to alert the bus driver.

 

We fortunately got down and entered the school. People were beginning to stare at the both of us, especially me since we were both not Koreans. I ignored their stares and walked close to Min Jae, pushing her everytime she gets distracted by something nearby. We manage to find our way to the school  temporary bookshops at one of the lower level classes and join the long line of people waiting to get their books.

 

"Are we going to head home with so many books?!" I asked, looking at the amount of books she needs to buy in the list she received in the mail a few days ago.

 

She frowned, "Apparently so?"

 

Aish.

 

I flipped my phone out and dialled one of the few numbers I've made myself remember upon coming to Korea.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

MIN JAE'S POV

 

After we got my books and uniform for school, Hye Rim unnie and I waited outside on the sidewalk. 

 

I really thought Minho would come down and get us but... 

 

"Who are we waiting for?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably on my feet, with my books beside me. 

 

"Taxi." I saw her sighed, "Wae?" 

 

I crossed my arms, "We could have save money and called Minho oppa!" 

 

She turned and glared at me, "There are some things in life where you don't necessarily need people for help, Min Jae. Its just-" 

 

Someone honked behind her and she turned just as I beamed. 

 

The window of the front passenger seat was rolled down and a cute, bubbly face leaned slightly forward to look at us. He regarded Unnie's expression before looking at me and smile gently. I took in a huge breath of air and smiled in relief. He beamed a little more, seeing my reaction but frowned a little,staring at Unnie. 

 

"Hye Rim-ah..." Minho called out, "Need a ride?" 

 

I was about to open my mouth to reply when she said a sharp No. 

 

Minho looked slightly taken aback. He went back to his seat and unbuckled his seat belt, before he came out of the driver seat and closed the door shut. He insert the key into the hole in the boot of the car and smiled as he came to me and picked up the bags of books and uniform and dumping them into the boot. 

 

He opened the door for me and I entered the car. 

 

"Annyeong." 

 

I turned just as I saw Taemin. I smiled wider, "Taemin oppa!" 

 

He smiled but for a moment before he looked out the moment the passenger door opened. 

 

I heard Minho urging Unnie in but she still refused. Minho finally just grabbed her and push her in, much to her protest. 

 

I got up and reached for her just as Minho slid in to the driver seat and muttered some vulgarities at her. I gasped, a little shock at the sudden coldness around them both. Unnie yelled back at him, and I retreated to my seat, hearing to their arguement. 

 

I looked across to Taemin who frowned and then as Minho drove on the road, he reached over and gripped Unnie's shoulder. 

 

"Hye Rim-ah..." 

 

Unnie looked stunned and shocked at his sudden appearance. She barely glanced at him, turning red in embarassment. Minho looked at her and smirked at her sudden weakness. She look out the window and blinked, hugging her arms just as Taemin let go of her. She seem to calm down a little and so did Minho. 

 

I waited a little for another arguement to turn up just as the car entered the residence and parked. 

 

When the car barely made a full stop, Unnie was already out of the seat, coming out of the car. 

 

"Hye Rim!" Taemin blurted out just as I did, "Unnie!" 

 

She made her way out of the residence, shaking her head and running. I was about to head out when Taemin stopped me. I looked into his eyes, full of worry and concern. 

 

"Let me do it..." He told me reassuringly, before he exited the car and ran after her. 

 

I sighed and cursed just as Minho came out. He looked like nothing happened just a few seconds ago and helped retrieve my uniform and books. 

 

Just as he was about to pick them up from the floor, I grabbed it and lifted it myself. 

 

"Nice try, oppa...." I muttered, glaring at him, "But that was such a jerk act." 

 

I turned and left him dumbfounded, staring after me as I made my way to the guest house and straight for my room.