Twenty Two.

Tracing To You.

JONGHYUN'S POV

 

"Minho-ah~" 

 

Minho turned and looked at me as I leaned against the doorframe and looked at him. 

 

"Where's Hye Rim?" 

 

He cocked an eyebrow and shrugged, "Last time I saw her, she was with Taemin." 

 

"Taemin?" I asked again, "Where are they?" 

 

"Oh, Jonghyun!" Key bumped into me as he walked passed me and shook his head, "Leave them be." 

 

"Wae?!" I panicked, staring after Key just as Minho smirked and pour himself some coffee, "Is something going on that I do not know about?!" 

 

Key smirked and watched me as he leaned against the sink and drank from his mug. Minho joined in, watching me with a playful expression. 

 

"Not surprising that he doesn't know..." Minho muttered, nudging Key.

 

"Well, he can be as blur as Taemin, you know..." Key smirked wider and chuckled, 

 

"Hais~~~" Both of them said at the same time. 

 

"YAH!" I yelled, "What's going on?!" 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"What kind of books do you read?" 

 

I turned to Taemin who was trailing after me, looking at the titles of the books on the shelves. I smiled and looked at the books, slowly leading him in to the Fiction section. I browse through the books and looked out for my favourite genres. 

 

Supernatural, Suspense and Romance. 

 

I smiled when I found some books of the genre and bend down to my knees, reading the forewords and the description of the variety of books there. I smiled and was emersed by the selection that I get to choose from. I picked out a few and differentiate them all, thinking which is worth to buy. 

 

I was stuck between two and I felt guilty for keeping Taemin waiting. I hold both books up and smiled. 

 

"Pick one!" I said,

 

He looked a little hesitant. "I don't really know which is good... I mean-" 

 

"Just choose!" I urged him, refusing to hear his lousy excuse. 

 

He picked the one on my left and I nodded, putting the other back. I sighed, looking at the good selection of titles and mumbled.

 

"How I wish I could have all~" 

 

Taemin looked at me, cocking an eyebrow and t hen loking back at the shelf. I saw him loking and smiled. 

 

"Kencanah," I reassured him, "I'm fine with this." 

 

He nodded though he can't keep his eyes still. I joined the queue quietly with him, paying for the book and exiting our way out of the bookshop. I was about to turn to him then, to thank him for brining me here when he put a finger up in front of us and said.

 

"Wait here. Just wait here." He said, and then disappeared into the bookshop again. 

 

I tilted my head to the side and wondered what could he have forgotten. I barely could make out his figure in the shop from the glaring sun that was reflecting off the glass windows. I sighed and looked at the next shop where they were selling cakes. I looked at the cakes displayed there and smiled,

 

"I should get one for Min Jae...." I muttered, just as Taemin came out, almost panting from the shop. 

 

He looked the other way before looking at the way I was at and then met my eyes. His hair was messy and y in a way. I had the sudden urge to brush my fingers through it. I straightened up and smiled at him just as he came up to me and smiled.

 

"Here..." He held up a paper bag, the same one I have when I bought the book. 

 

I took it from him and looked at him, who was beaming at me before I looked in the bag. 

 

"Omo~" I took out the book that I return earlier, "Taemin-" 

 

He shook his head and smiled, "No biggie.... I see you love books, from the way your face lit up the moment we enter the bookshop." 

 

I cocked an eyebrow at him and smirked, "Stalker... Observing me already?" 

 

He blushed and shook his head, "I...I mean...." 

 

"Don't." I smiled, "I was just teasing... but komawo.... I've got plenty to read now...." 

 

He looked like he was itching to ask me something. I looked at him and smiled. 

 

"What?" 

 

He looked shyly away and said, "So...you love to read then?" 

 

I nodded and smiled, "I read all sorts. I'll try to read some now and then. I tend to read very fast." 

 

He nodded, "I'm not a fast reader....." 

 

I laughed, patting him on the shoulder, "I can tell...." 

 

He looked at my hand and then at me. I realised I have shifted closer and somehow was standing so close that when I looked up, we were mere inches. The only difference, was our height. 

 

I jerked away, and blinked my eyes, a little embarassed. I pulled my hand away and looked down. 

 

"Erm....err...." I muttered just as the same time he stammered. 

 

"I... I want to get something from here." I gave a shy smile and escape into the cake shop. 

 

Right inside, I facepalmed myself and slapped my cheeks that was burning, before I head over to the counter and ordered some cakes for Min Jae.