Twenty One.

Tracing To You.

I didn't know why I wanted to get out with him even.

 

Though there were others in the house but something about him when he was watching the bench where I sat with Minho before.

 

He looked like he was wanting to be with me instead....

 

I breathed in and out, walking next to him as I tried to clear my thoughts. I walked absentmindlessly, rubbing my arm in the sudden goosebumps that appeared on my arm. I sighed and walked slightly away, my feet walking in a funny way, not even walking straight at all.

 

I almost forgot he was there at that moment when I felt a strong tug and blinked my eyes as I was being pulled away from the edge of the pavement, almost falling on the road. I looked up, just as I felt secured arms around me and back hugged me. I blinked again and looked up just as Taemin looked at me.

 

"Yah...." He let me go, the crimson blushing his cheeks, "Kencanah?"

 

I blinked again and nodded.

 

He sighed and pulled away a strand of hair from my face. "Look where you're going, arasso?"

 

I nodded and looked away embarassingly.

 

He let me go for a few moment before he took my hand and pulled me. I blushed again, looking at his hand and then at him as he lead the way.

 

"Come on...." He smiled slightly and looked at me, "Trust me...."

 

I nodded again, just as he came up abruptly in front of me. Automatically, I shut my eyes and cringed my face away. He chuckled and wiped something off my face.

 

"Don't cry anymore," He smiled and slowly made me look at him, his touch leaving traces of warmth on my skin, "Please?"

 

"I won't...." I had to clear my throat and looked at him.

 

He smiled again and my heart was leaping and jumping out of my chest.

 

"Let's get some ice cream..." He reassured me again and smiled, "Always help after a good cry,"

 

I looked at him, cocking an eyebrow. He stopped and bit on his lower lip, looking adorably cute.

 

Oh god, i just called him cute.... Adorably cute.

 

"I...I...I mean...." He breathed in and out and muttered, "Mian... I didn't mean to put it that way..."

 

I sighed, "Just take me there."

 

He nodded and pulled me again.

 

What I noticed about him is how forgetful he can get. I smiled silently at this thought, finding it another adoring charm of his. He pushed the door of the ice cream cafe and lead me through the glass doors. He smiled and let me choose a seat. I picked a corner one and settled down, with him settling opposite me. I picked up the menu and read through.

 

"I need to head to the gents first," He muttered, smilng slightly before he left. I nodded, acknowledging his excuse.

 

I waited and picked the menu up again, reading the different flavours of ice cream in the menu plus the toppings and the variety of different ice cream combos.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

I looked up and saw a guy smiling at me. I put the menu down a little and looked at him.

 

"Neh?"

 

He smiled and slid in to Taemin's sit.

 

"Erm, Kim Joo imnida..."

 

I was a little stunned at first but when he put his hand out and smiled warmly at me, I hesistated for a minute before I took his hand and shake it. He smiled a little wider, taking my hand and shake it. He let me go and smiled.

 

"Are you schooling? You look like a student..." He pointed out.

 

"Erm... I am... But I'm not from here...." I muttered, feeling a bubbling urge for Taemin to be here now.

 

"I can tell...." He noted, smiling again.

 

I had a feeling this guy wants something from me. I gulped and nodded.

 

"Shall I show you-"

 

"Excuse me...."

 

He looked up just as I gave a sigh of relief and looked up. Taemin was standing close to me and smiled. Well more like sarcastically. I looked at him, a little rigid at the sudden cold aura he was giving out. I gulped and looked at the guy who was slowly slipping out of his seat.

 

"Mian hamnida...." He muttered and excused himself. He scurried away, like he was guilty of doing something that was merely just introducting.

 

Taemin glared at him as he retreated out of the cafe with his group of friends. I stared after him as Taemin settled down opposite me and looked at me.

 

"Kencanah?" He asked me, looking into my eyes.

 

I nodded, "He just wanted to talk to me...thats all..."

 

He nodded, "I know.... but..."

 

"But what?" I cornered him.

 

My heart was beating fast and I was anticipating him to say something. I didn't want to admit it but...

 

"Nothing." He muttered, ending the sudden hopeful conversation.

 

I looked at him until he hide in the menu, reading off the selection of flavours. I sighed, watching him a little more before the waitress came over and took our orders. I sighed and looked out.

 

Maybe he is just another false hope, I thought.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 TAEMIN'S POV

 

I couldn't possibly tell her.

 

I mean....

 

"Here's your orders," The waitress barged in, popping out of my reverie and putting our orders in front of me, "Enjoy your ice-cream."

 

"Komawo...." She muttered, taking the long dessert spoon and digging into her ice-cream.

 

She didn't meet my eyes then. Perhaps was because I was about to say something stupid when I happened to stop myself and let her stare at me. I had to hide my face in the menu, trying hard to get distracted but her gaze was so powerful, I thought I would see her eyes lasering through the plastic menu and through me. I gulped and took my own spoon with mild trembling hands.

 

"Kencanah?" She looked at my spoon, "You're trembling."

 

I stopped myself and breathed in and out before meeting her eyes.

 

Her eyes were as black as the night sky, so deep and beautiful.

 

I gulped and shake my head, giving a shaky laugh.

 

"Just a little hungry...." I muttered, biting my lower lip.

 

She nodded and then said to me, "You better eat then."

 

Throughout the whole conversation, she didn't bother smiling at all. Her face was so tense and lost, like she just lost hope of something. I looked at her a little more as she scooped some of her ice cream into . She her lips and looked out again.

 

I know she was somehow not that timid but....

 

I was afraid to ask her about anything else because of what happened to her earlier.

 

I gulped and ate my ice cream as silently as possible.

 

"Is there a book shop around?" She asked me, snapping me out of my reverie.

 

"Hmm?" I muttered, not catching her question.

 

"Bookshop? Around here?" She repeated, staring at her ice cream and scooping another into .

 

"There is one down the street." I answered her, "Wanna head there?"

 

She nodded and smiled a little.

 

I almost dropped my spoon on my pants, along with the ice cream. My heart was pounding at the beauty of her smile. Although it looks so imprefect, nothing like the rest of the female noonas and yeodongsaengs that I've met, her smile was something that was screaming at me to treasure it like a perfect memory.

 

I gulped and smiled back. She seem slightly taken aback at first and then muttered,

 

"Komawo, Taemin..."