Episode 91

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gum Jan Di was staring through the window towards the sky. The evening has already passing and it was the time the moon light was spreading its shine towards the earth. She felt that those rises were directly pouring over her. The purple colour evening has gone already letting the moon to rise in the top of the sky to make the lonely and confused hearts to drown in deep their thoughts.

She fully opened the window thought it was cold. The cool breeze was blowing through the opened window and covered her fully making her chill overall in her body but today she felt that she liked that freezing. After so long, in this life, today she needed to take a decision. It’s a decision of turning the life in to a different direction. Waiting endlessly for what her heart wanted so far, by now she could obtain that comfort meeting him there. But this is a stranger land. By tomorrow all of them have to leave from here.

In the mid of her thinking, her eyes caught the scars which were in the moon. She stared at them thoroughly and enthusiastically. She could remember the story of the ‘rabbit in the moon’ which she has heard from her mother when she was a child. A smile came to her lips automatically. Her mind was not that much confused as always today. What she wanted was to make a decision. Just like the scars in the beautiful moon which gives the entire his shine to the world for the night, Jan Di felt that everyone’s lives has scars though they show their smile to the world.

From her pocket she took the phone in to her hand. The consent she got from her mother and Goo Jun Pyo was a great relief to her heart. The journey she wanted to start with Yoon Ji Hoo, her Sunbea will need to be started from this moment onwards. Though there are complications still in his life, she didn’t have any idea of giving up on him. She dialed his number…

 

……………………………………..

 

Ji Hoo came to his room and checked his phone to notice if there were any massages from Jan Di. In the same hotel, in a different room, right now she was there. The answer of her which was being waited by him at the moment was a burden to his heart. He quickly had a shower and put on a trouser and a short sleeve shirt. Automatically his feet moved towards the window noticing the full moon in the night. Opening first and seconds buttons in his shirt he let him to feel the cold wind in to his chest.

He has endlessly waited for her by now but this night he felt it was the longest night in ever when he has had to wait for her decision. He never thought that he would be this much excited. At once his phone was ringing and he noticed that it was her making him nervous a lot.

“Hello……..Jan Di” he answered the phone.

“Have you come?” she asked tenderly.

“Mmmm… Takashi’s father came to pick her. I waited for him there” he explained calmly.

“Sunbea… today is the full moon day, right?” she asked with the same sight towards the moon.

“Mmmmm… the moon is shining brightly today” he said staring the same direction from his window.

“Though the moon is beautiful like this, it has its scars. The scars tell that it is not perfect and it’s not truly beautiful just as it’s seen like that…right?” She asked emotionally. Ji Hoo could feel the confusion in her mind.

“Jan Di…What’s bothering you?” he asked understanding her words.

“Nothing….I just asked.” She murmured.

“Can I see you now?” he asked in a shaking voice. He didn’t know its ok or not to meet her at that time.

“Do you need my permission to see me?” she asked giving him the permission. She could hear the line got disconnected and her heart was waiting for his presence in her room.

Passing few seconds, Jan Di could hear the opening sound of her room. She turned towards there while standing at the window. The image of Ji Hoo appeared from the door. She smiled with him. Throwing a smile to her, he closed the door and stepped towards her. Just like he was staring at the moon, he noticed that she was also looking at it right now.

“Are you alright?” he asked standing next to her at the window. He could see that her eyes were going over his entire face.

“Mmmmm….” She murmured looking at him.

“Without tightening things in your mind, tell me one by one…you know that I always listen to you”

He said leaning in to window frame keeping his side of the body staring at her. She smiled to him in her eyes nodding her head to say express that she knows it well.

“Sunbea…Look at that moon…What I felt was though it is shining brightly now, it has ugly scars... I am the same…I feel… My life was not an easy thing ever. I have fallen in so many times and I am not a good person... I had an affair with a person and I broke his heart and at the same time I gave endless hopes to you… I couldn’t fulfill the promises and I made people suffer because of me…Though you can see my bright sight now, I have black marks too… In one hand, I feel that a person like me is not worth for the attention of someone great like you. I am just an ordinary girl who has done lots of mistakes…”

Jan Di looked down towards the floor and sighed. Ji Hoo kept staring at her without speaking anything. She again woke up her voice.

“Have you considered all those things before asking me to go with you? It’s not always we should be emotional when making decisions but wise…. Don’t you think that what I did always was hurting your heart? Do you still want me to go with you?”

Her voice was really nervous and confused. Ji Hoo’s stare at her became so deep. Taking out the hands from his pocket, he caught Jan Di’s both hands from his fingers.

“The ugly scars which we see in the moon are not truly the scars. Those are the landmarks there which led man to go to the moon. If there were no any scars, then still mankind would not be interested to go there... Scars are not always black marks and sometimes they lead us to understand truly what we have gone through and what we will surely need to do in our lives…….”

He could see the tender and surrendered eyes of her through his sight. She could feel the warmth of his palms through her fingers.

“Jan Di, listen to me clearly….What I want to say to you is that my life always revolves around you and my existence is just for you... I have lost everyone whom I loved and whom I wished I wanted to be with and finally what I feel is that I live because of the hope of you... I have endlessly waited for you, though you were not with me without knowing that whether one day I would be able to have you or not…I waited for you… Therefore, as long as you need me, I don’t care anything but to be with you…Like that these eyes have crossed my heart and those foot prints are everlasting in there….”

He said rubbing her cheek from one of his hand. What else a girl could wish to hear from a boy except those words. The words which melt any girl’s heart! She kept staring at him dearly without being able to respond.

“When asking you to come with me I considered only one thing. That is the simple fact which I cannot live again without you…. The past year I spent after leaving you there was like a hell which made me to think to go and see you secretly most of the times… But I tolerated…… I tolerated a lot…… Even when those times I couldn’t bear, I tried to tolerate...… Even when I felt the need of you to feel in my hands, I tolerated my heart…… Some days I felt like I was going crazy with those feelings, but still I endured them with my all might… I am a person who has held a disobeyed heart though it was killing me every day……So, is there anything which I need to consider anymore…..? Can you understand what I am saying…?”

The heart of a guy who has killed the shame to open the deep hidden feelings in front of a girl was the beautiful moment a girl could feel…. Just like that, Jan Di could feel his feelings so deeply in her heart…. She never thought that someone like Ji Hoo would open his manly emotions in front of her like that… Though he was always a controllable and well behaved guy in front of her who was protecting her and letting her to comfort with in him all the time, as a boy she could feel how much he may have endured to have her like this…She was not a child not to understand his words…

“You have a beautiful heart Sunbea…Am I that much lucky to be the queen of it?”

She asked responding him with a lovable smile. Putting his hands in to his pocket, Ji Hoo straightened himself staring at her star eyes.

“You have already crowned as the queen in my heart”

He said throwing a nice smile to her. The same joy which a girl could feel in her heart has felt in Jan Di’s heart too. With her smiling eyes she raised her voice.

“I always wondered that how many people would notice me….and why I don’t notice them…And later I found out the reason…it is because I was too busy noticing someone else who always cross my mind….”

She said smiley looking at him. She could see the inviting eyes of the guy which were shining with the moon light. The stare in his eyes and the expressions of his face was truly and deeply manly not like other days.

“Don’t you feel scared?” he asked with a light smile staring with the same expressions.

“Scared for what?” Jan Di asked curiously.

“To be with me alone in a time like this?” With the same smile he asked from her noticing her changes in eyes.

 

……………………………………..

 

“Are you alright? Shall I put some ointment in your legs?” Getting closer to his lovable wife who was bearing his child in her womb, Ei Jung asked tenderly looking at Ga Eul. She was in the bed resting in this evening. Her legs have swollen a bit with the variances going on due to pregnancy which gave sadness to Ei Jung’s face.

“I am alright. Don’t make your tired yourself” She said when he opened the drawer to find the ointment. With a smile in his face he took the oil bottle and came to her.

“I want both of us to go through in this time period. Not only by you, with you I also want to feel what you feel at least up to possible extent” he said rubbing her swollen legs. Ga Eul touched his head and her fingers were running through his hair tenderly.

“Don’t you think you need to stop going for teaching by now?” he asked looking at her filled fair face.

“I love my work and spending my day time with kids gives me a free and peaceful mind” she said with a smile.

“You are always stubborn”

Defeating from her words, he whispered whilst rubbing her legs. He could see her beautiful smile in her lips. Keeping the ointment on the table, he got close to his dearest wife sitting next to her on the bed. Placing his arm around her shoulders he let her to keep her head on his shoulders.

“I never thought I would be able to feel this kind of comfort in my life” Closing his eyes with her warm he whispered.

“The last time when we went to see your mother, she could recognize me. I feel that she was recovering slowly. Don’t you think that we need to bring her home?” she asked tenderly remembering his mother.

“I will think about it after the delivery” he answered shortly.

“I know you love your mother whatever you say in your mouth. Since father also visits us time to time, I think if we bring Mom to home, then the entire family would be completed so soon” she said further explaining making him concern about the matter.

“My parents must be lucky to have a daughter-in-law someone like you who thinks about them more than me” he said rubbing her head lovingly.

Ga Eul knew though he is stubborn in this field of matters, in his deep down the heart he always wanted to re-unite as a family. The words just he spoken were proving his intentions secretly. She smiled to the air.

“After few hours I need to go out. Do you think you can tag along with me?” he asked looking at her swollen legs.

“I don’t think that I would come…Where you are going?” she asked.

“After so many moths, Jun Pyo asked to meet us” he said with a smile.

“Really? How good….!” She said gladly.

“Mmmm… During past year he was really strange. I think he was trying to untangle his life mess with Jan Di struggling lot in last year” he said sighing bit.

“I knew this would happen one day. I knew Jan Di’s heart has already gone to Ji Hoo Sunbea secretly…. One day…. so long back….. she told me about the incident where Ji Hoo Sunbea confessed her at the fish village and that was the time Jan Di has broken the relationship with Jun Pyo.” Ga Eul stared at Ei Jung who was staring at her curiously.

“Truly she wanted Jun Pyo back for her life at that time but she said that she felt dumb and so upset because she had to reject Ji Hoo Sunbea’s proposal. She said that she knew his feelings towards her by then but she didn’t respond to them because she felt scared. Jan Di was not a half minded girl not to know about Sunbea’s feelings but she didn’t have courage to go from him either. She said me that when she was with him, she felt a great relief and she could forget everything and smile”

Ga Eul’s words were not strange or false with what has happened at the moment. Ei Jung raised his voice.

“You mean even when Jan Di had the affair with Jun Pyo, even at that time she liked Ji Hoo?” he asked strangely.

“It’s not like that. It doesn’t mean she wanted to have an affair with Sunbea. She always tried to make him limit for her but when her tolerance was breaking and when she was falling down with hurting, she always found him there and at those times she had not remembered about the limits which she wanted to keep with him... Because I have not heard a girl cries hiding in the chest of another boy when she is in a relationship with some other. But Jan Di was like that. She always needed Ji Hoo Sunbea to the extent which she could limit him but to the extent she could be opened with him too”

Ga Eul’s understanding about her friend was amazing in Ei Jung’s ears. No wonder they were childhood friends.

“You know Jan Di very well Ga Eul. But after all what I feel is, because of her negligence my both friends got hurt” he said standing from the bed taking a shirt to wear.

“I know what you mean but I don’t say it’s solely the fault of Jan Di... Because all three knew among them what kind of feelings they had for each other. There were no secrets in their under hearts….. Jun Pyo Sunbea knew that Jan Di had feelings for Ji Hoo Sunbea before she started the affair with him and he knew at the same time, though Ji Hoo Sunbea let go Jan Di to him, even till the end he had feelings for Jan Di. Likewise Ji Hoo Sunbea knew Jan Di was in love with Jun Pyo Sunbea but Jan Di was in a close relationship in her mind with him too. The same thing applies for Jan Di too… she knew her lover was Jun Pyo Sunbea but her first love was Ji Hoo Sunbea whom she couldn’t forget ever though she loved Jun Pyo Sunbea…..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter