Episode 65

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Ji Hoo came to the grave with his grandfather. He saw the girl who was crying there kneeling down yet. He offered his last respect with Grandfather to the tomb and let Harabouji to stay calm and alone in front of his old friend. A guard of them came towards Harabouji and held an umbrella for him.

Ji Hoo moved towards to Eun Ji and felt so depressed about her seeing her like this. He held the umbrella standing next to her and slowly bent down and caught her arm.

“Eun Ji, stand up”

He said in a low voice. She stared at him and noticed that he has come. She quickly rose up and hugged him at once while crying placing her arms around his neck. Ji Hoo slowly placed his other hand around her and patted her back shoulder to console her.

From the far each and every detail of the incident were noticed by both girls. Ga Eul unknowingly caught Jan Di’s hand seeing how Eun Ji hugged Ji Hoo while crying. Without blinking Jan Di just stared at them. After so long, the view of the person whom she has missed in her heart so much was in front of her eyes at the moment but it’s a totally different view which she expected to see. Everything of their behaviors was saying her that not like in the past, by now both Eun Ji and Ji Hoo is very close to each other which made her heart fallen down once again.

When Ga Eul caught Jan Di’s hand she stared at her friend’s face slowly. The surprised and shocking look of Ga Eul was telling Jan Di that the thoughts she had for Eun Ji and Ji Hoo are correct without a mistake. She again looked at them. She knew that Ji Hoo didn’t notice her so far and she didn’t want her to notice to him either at this moment for unknown reason in her heart.

When the funeral ceremony was getting over all of them was slowly walking away from the tomb. Harabouji slowly went with Eun Ji’s parents to the exit.

“Let’s go Eun Ji”

Ji Hoo said while looking at the girl who was still looking at her grandfather’s grave. She nodded her head and turned with him towards the exit. He held the umbrella for her and led her towards the car.

Waiting till all of them leaving, Jan Di and Ga Eul left the cemetery after few times. Though Ga Eul knew that Jan Di needs to meet Ji Hoo sunbea but this is not the time for that. She held the umbrella for her friend and slowly left the cemetery without meeting anyone there.

 

……………………………………

 

Jan Di waited at the bus stand when Ga Eul left. She sat on the bench and waited there emptily. She felt that her heart was busy with thumping right now seeing him after so long. She tried to draw his current view in her mind. He has not changed a bit but he was glowing and good-looking more than earlier in his mid twenties at the moment. Though she wanted to go home, without getting in to any bus she waited there like an empty shell. Her mind was telling her to go and meet him today itself. Without being able to gather the courage she stayed there sitting passing the time unconsciously.

The rain was still pouring lightly and because of it, the nature also has gotten dark and dull a lot which was making her internal peace also disturbing. She waited there more than one hour thinking what she should do just staring at the pouring rain.

‘He didn’t see me and he didn’t notice my presence there because he was busy with Eun Ji. If he saw me, then what would be happened? Will he come to me and speak with me? We have not fought for anything and we are not enemies whereas we are just separators from our lives. Sometimes, he will return to Japan again after this funeral. Will he contact me before he leaves again? Since he has come to Korea, will he look for me? Can he just ignore myself and return to his previous life?’

Jan Di’s mind was filling with so many questions and thoughts. She had lots to ask from him and lots to tell to him but only thing she didn’t have the courage to move forward because her heart knew what exactly happened between them making him leave. But gathering all her feminine courage she stood up at once.

‘I will go and see them. Whatever happen I must see Harabouji. Eun Ji said that he is sick right now and I noticed it in the cemetery also.’

She thought finally. Jan Di tried to convince her heart fooling bit by saying that she is going there to see the grandfather. It was her true intention but that was not only the intention to visit there. She got in to a bus and travelled to see them with a nervous mind.

She walked through the way towards Ji Hoo’s house. Since it was raining and late evening she hurriedly ran towards the road while getting drained. When the house was getting closer to her view her heart started to beat highly bit by bit.

She entered to the house and noticed a house keeper was there.

“Has Harabouji come?” she asked from him.

“Yes, Ms. Jan Di. They have arrived. Head master is in his room and young master has gone out”

He said with a smile. He could remember how many times Jan Di has visited this house time to time to check their arrival in the past time. He felt both sad and happy for her at the same time.

Jan Di got the point that Ji Hoo was not at home. She thought he has gone with Eun Ji because today is a tough day for her. In one side, she felt bit relief in her heart. It was feeling awkward for her to meet him at his house at once like that though she came. She entered to Harabouji’s room and knocked.

“Come in” she heard his calling. Jan Di entered to the room and saw Harabouji was sitting on the bed.

“Harabouji…..!!!” She said murmuring looking at him.

“Jan Di-ahh….!!!” His kind voice touched her heart a lot. She felt that her eyes got moisture just seeing and hear him like this. She moved to him and sat next to him on the bed.

“Harabouji……!!!” She caught his old hand and looked at his kind eyes. Grandfather noticed the sadness of her face. He placed his hand on her head and rubbed her hair.

“Have you been well Harabouji? I heard that you are not doing well. Is that correct?” she asked looking at him.

“I am now old Jan Di-ahh. It’s normal to become sick then. Don’t worry, have you been well so far?” he asked with a smile. He noticed the changed and crying expressions in her face. He looked at her face curiously. Grandfather felt deeply that she is holding something burdened in her heart.

“I never thought that I could see you Harabouji. I never thought that I would meet you and speak with you like this. This is like a dream to me. Why didn’t you come earlier Harabouji? Didn’t you remember me ever when you were away from me? Could you forget this Jan Di like that? Is that so Harabouji?” she asked tightening his old hands. A small tear drop was flowing through her cheek making grandfather surprised about her behavior.

“Oh! Jan Di-ahh, don’t cry. Sometimes we have to apart from our loved ones but that doesn’t mean we forget them in our lives. And who can forget a girl like you ever?”

Grandfather was trying to convince her rubbing her hair tenderly. But in deep in his heart seeing her like this, he felt that she was not speaking about only himself but keeping his grandson in her memory as well.

‘Why didn’t you come earlier Harabouji? Didn’t you remember me ever when you were away from me? Could you forget this Jan Di like that?

Jan Di’s words made his heart sad a lot. Wasn’t that mean she has waited for so long? Harabouji knew up to some extent that she also has deep feelings for his grandson though she was in a relationship with another guy. Seeing her like this what he felt mostly was she has missed Ji Hoo so much in her life so far and the tears and sighs are the proof for that perfectly.

“Did you meet Ji Hoo?” he asked looking at her.

Jan Di didn’t know that things happened between Ji Hoo and her so far were aware by grandfather. Covering her embarrassment she stared at his old eyes.

“No, I came to see you because I heard you were sick” she said bending down her head while wiping her tears.

“Is that mean, you are not going to see him?” Grandfather asked curiously. Jan Di looked at his face and noticed that he was in a serious mood. Without being able to answer him, she remained there silently.

“Without being standing there more, come here”

Grandfather’s eye sight and the words have changed suddenly making her strange a lot. She noticed the eye sight of Harabouji was at the door step and she quickly turned back and stared there.

He was there standing at the door step. He has heard everything she has told to grandfather a while ago. He was kept staring at her continuously but his eyes were not shining or smiling with her. It was empty just like before he met her at Shinwa five and half years ago.

Jan Di quickly and automatically stood up from the bed. The first time, after so long years passed the nervous eyes of her caught his deep eyes. She didn’t smile or express anything in her face but her eyes were really nervous seeing him unexpectedly but she felt the emptiness of him deeply in her heart.

Like never did, even without letting to pass few seconds Ji Hoo broke the eye connection at once from her and came towards the Harabouji. When Jan Di tried to open to speak with him he sat on the bed next to Harabouji taking his medicine in to his hand.

“Have you taken your medicine?” He asked from him without speaking with Jan Di.

“Not yet. I have to take them” Harabouji answered. He noticed that Ji Hoo has ignored her presence right now an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter