Episode 49

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jan Di released him from her arms with utmost excitement undergoing but tried not to show it to him. She sat on the ground.

He raised his head towards her and stared at her. He found that her cheeks also wet from the tears. He slightly smiled at her and softly wiped her tears in her cheeks.

“It’s you who always cry for me, not only in the past but also today too.” He said clearing her face from his cold hand.

Jan Di tried to smile to him covering her embarrassment. She moved from his side and wiped his cheeks from her hand which were also wet from the tears he shed.

“How much I tried I cannot hold my tears when you cry. I feel the pain inside of you, in my heart also. How long has it been passed, still it is the same.” She said letting her embarrassment and her mixed feelings moving out.

He felt that her words were sticking to his heart at once. He recalled her speedy heart beat a while ago.

“Do you know why you feel like that?” he asked in a serious voice directly from her eyes. She waved her head to say ‘no’.

He slightly smiled to her. “You will know by yourself so soon.” He said making her nervous. Jan Di saw that his smile is strange from usual. She tried to figure out what he was referring but truly she scared to think more.

“Shall we go then?” he asked when she was remained silent. She nodded her head and stood up with him.

“Sunbea… do your parents know me? But how?” she asked.

“Mmmm.. they know you. How come they don’t know you?” He said with a helpless smile, turned back from her and left the place slowly. He memorized the every time he prays to them and every time he comes to see his parents within past three years he has mentioned her to them and asking the courage to give up on her because of Jun Pyo.

She was surprisingly stared at him where he was leaving. When he was going bit far, she bowed to their graves and started speaking to them.

“Mother….Father…. Please accept my greeting. My name is Gum Jan Di. He is my sunbea who always like sunshine to me….. He said that both of you know me but I don’t know how…… truly sunbea is missing both of you so much and I feel really sad about him. Sometimes I feel that I should take care about him more than I do at the moment because he is not close with other people easily but with me. Mother, I don’t know sometimes…. how can I treat him…..when he was in a situation like this, what I could do is…. hugged him and let him to get consoled.  Mother…..It’s true, that I belong to other one, but letting him to be like that with me, would not make me guilty or wrong one day, will me?.....you are a mother and mothers know everything about their children’s heart….right?..... I am not trying to think strangely, but whenever I see…. that he was like that I know I cannot control myself. As a close friend I should help him too….isn’t it…I am doing correct, right?...............By the way it is really nice meet both of you. He must have waiting for me, so I need to go now. …Please…… protect him and lead him through the happiness. I will meet you again another day….” She said and bowed her head towards them.

She turned back from the grave and slowly walked towards him. She saw that he was waiting sitting in the bike.

Ji Hoo knew that she waited there to greet them and speak to them. He let her to do that. He was staring the way where she was coming to him. He recalled the moment a while ago where she held his face in her chest. Though he didn’t much think about it at that time, as a guy he was feeling nervous at the moment when recalling it. He felt happy inside of him. He looked at the sky where the heaven is.

‘Mom… it’s her. My heart……beats for her... No one would be able to touch my soul this much as she did. But she is not mine. Mom….. What should I do?’ he asked in a low voice from the heaven and sighed.

“Speaking to the heaven? What did you request?” Jan Di came closer to him and asked with a smile.

“You”

He said seriously to her eyes. Her eyes get changed at once. They were becoming questionable. She felt like nervous. Noticing her embarrassment, he smiled at once.

“I said them to give the happiness to YOU.”

He changed the lines and noticed that she was trying to smile. She took the helmet and put it in her head. Her anxiety has not faded away yet. ‘Is he really joking? Or is he teasing me?’ she thought but her deep corner of the heart knew that something is real in it but she didn’t want to acknowledge it like always.

Few people were also coming to their own graves to greet their relations. Ji Hoo looked at them and sighed. ‘People live showing the happiness but their heart always weeping…like me.’ he thought sadly. He stared at Jan Di and noticed something.

“Jan Di…..”

“Mmmm.…”

“Covered your top from this and place your buttons. Other people will see if not.” He said giving the jacket to her hand and looked away.

“Huh?” she was totally surprised and stared at him once. ‘My buttons?’ she stared at her blouse and saw that her top has been opened a little because two buttons has released. Her eyes got widened so much and she quickly covered her chest from the jacket. Since the people were going here and there, she was not in a situation where place the buttons.

Ji Hoo felt so much strange inside of him. He just realized what could have been happened to open the buttons. He knew it was unknowingly happened when she hugged him at that time. It was her who has let him to get consoled within her, so he didn’t want to see that she would get humiliated in front of other people. More than it he didn’t like that other people would see her inner self even an inch.

“Are you alright?” he asked while looking at her. She was hiding her chest from the jacket and remained there same. Her face was getting red and helpless at the same time. He noticed that she is embarrassed after seeing her blushed face which made him smile.

“Get in. While travelling you can do it.” He said with a smile. Even without looking at him, she quickly got in to the bike kept covering her chest from the jacket.

He started the motor bike and travelled towards the road while she was placing them with a relief staying behind to him.

She didn’t hold him because the shy feeling she felt in front of him so much for her heart. ‘He must have seen my…………...’ A sudden feeling was just come to her mind. She tightly caught her chest from her hand where her back side of the hand touched his back. The blushing feelings and the embarrassments were running in her mind sensing her that she cannot see his face again. She slowly put her buttons back.

Ji Hoo felt her back side of the hand in his back. With his talented imaginable mind, he just realized that she felt so much of embarrassment at the moment while caught her own chest. The young heart of him was smiling to him unknowingly. He stopped the bike near to the pavement of the road.

Jan Di was curiously noticed when the bike stopped. She saw that he took his mobile phone in his hand. After few seconds he again put it back to his pocket and started riding.

A few seconds passing, she felt that a text massage received to her phone. She took the phone and checked it. A broad smile came to her lips.

‘Nothing seen & nothing remembered’

She just realized that he has stopped the bike to type the text massage. She felt so much relieved and funny inside of her. The amazing talent of him for understanding her without asking or seeing anything was astonished to her.

The old memories came to her mind seeing the text massage. The similar words she found at his friend’s house when he found out her at the bathroom in the past. Her smile was getting broaden much. She felt so much tender towards him. ‘He is always like this.’

‘Other people will see if not’

His words were recalling her memory. A pleasant feeling came to her heart for him. ‘Like a lover, like a husband, he protects me…though he is not someone like that to me.’ The protective feeling came to her heart was unbearable to her. It was mixed with the happiness and sadness at the same time.

Like he stayed in her chest a while ago, she laid her head in his back and put her arms around his waist. Without saying anything she closed her eyes letting her to feel the tender warmth of him like a fresh feeling.

 

……………………

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter