Episode 23

Boys Over Flowers 02 - My heart can’t rest even for a moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jan Di, do we really need to go to that party tonight?” Ga Eul asked rubbing her forehead thoroughly.

“Why? Ga Eul? Are you not feeling well?” She asked.

“Yes dear. I am having a terrible headache. Since I am also practicing pottery, yesterday till late night I made few vases. So less sleep I had. Now my head is paining.” She said sadly.

“Oh! You should take care about yourself Ga Eul. Why so stubborn? That day also I told you not to over work. Idiot, now complaining about a headache.” Jan Di blames to her best friend truly. She always cares for her and Ga Eul also the same for her. Best buddies they are always.

“Ohh Jan Di-ahh, why are you shouting at me? You are so bad.” Ga Eul pretended a hurt full mood and said but she knew that her friend loves her so much.

“Ok Ok… shall I give you some paracitamol? I think Ga Eul it is better if you also can go since you can meet Ei Jung sunbea there.” Jan Di told her.

Ga Eul’s face was shining with joy. “Yes, Jan Di-ahh, give me some tablet. Let’s go. She said happily.

“Ga Eul, I am waiting to meet Ji Hoo sunbea there. I have questions to ask from him.” Jan Di said looking at the busy street over the window.

“Jan Di, what are you going to ask from him? And why?” She asked curiously.

“I don’t know the reason my friend but my heart says to ask from him that why did he leave even without talking to me and why couldn’t he reply to me over the past weeks sending me a text massage for those I have send to him.” Jan Di said sad but angrily.

“Don’t cause any problems Jan Di-ahh. Be careful. I am scared about you.” Ga Eul said pitting her shoulder. Ga Eul didn’t like to see that Jan Di will get confuse in her life for another guy when she has a lover. But she knew that she is not be able to control her thoughts and her heart even Jan Di also can’t control them.

 

..………………………………

 

Yoon Ji Hoo faced the entrance exam at Shinwa Medical School and went back to home. He checked the time when he got in to his bike. Within few minutes he knew that his first love, the girl he waited 15 years will be arrived to Korea. But he didn’t want to go to the airport and welcome her. He knew everything she did for him since his childhood. But the feelings he had for her has faded away and his heart was solely with another lovely crazy girl. He rode back to home.

“Harabeoji, I am back.” He said while entering to the house.

Grandfather felt so happy seeing him and he quickly came and hugged him happily. He rubbed his hair and led him to the couch.

“It is good you are back. I was so lonely without you my son. How are you?” He asked.

“I am fine Harabeoji, I faced for the exam today morning and hope it will go well.” He smiled to him and explained.

“That’s good news. And also I hope you have succeeded for what you have left home” Grandfather asked and stares at him.

Ji Hoo looked down the floor. He believed that he has managed his thoughts about the girl he loves and changed his path for the new goal forgetting those confused feelings right now. But for no reason, he scared to tell that to his grandfather by confirming. He slightly smiled to him raising his face towards him.

Grandfather understood everything from his smile. He knew that his grandson is still trying to manage his thoughts. He didn’t try to ask more and more about it.

“Ji Hoo-ahh, what happened to your finger?’ Suddenly he asked when saw the plaster in his finger.

“Ahh! it is a little wound Harabeoji, nothing to worry.” He replied with a smile.

“Ok then, go and have a rest. But if you can please do a favor for me my son.” Grandfather asked humbly.

“What is it? Tell me anything” he replied.

“Some of the medicine of my clinic has finished by now. I have ordered them but today evening those were planned to bring to there. But I got a call from them that their driver is suddenly got ill and not be able to come today. If you can go and bring, not the all but, at least for few days that will be a huge assistance.” Grandfather humbly asked.

“It’s ok Harabeoji, I will do it for u. I will go and bring them. No problem.” Ji Hoo replied with a smile.

“Thank you son, then go around seven in the evening. I will tell them that you are coming.”  Grandfather whispered happily.

Ji Hoo smiled back and nodded his head and moved to his room with his bag. He wanted to ask about his friends from grandfather. But he resisted. He knew his heart wants to ask about Jan Di. But he let those thoughts for later discussion and went for a shower.

…………………………………..

 

Min Sun Hyun instructed to the driver to go to the hotel who has been sent by Ji Hoo to pick her. She didn’t seem to be much more pleased. She wanted to see Ji Hoo at the airport. As always he came to pick her when she arrives. But this time she knew that he has changed a little. The proposal she got from the royal prince when she went to Paris has not worked for her well. The restrictions and the limitations of Royal families were not matched with her. She always wants to fly freely like a bird. With the agreement of both of them she broke the engagement and decided to come back to her motherland. She always loves Ji Hoo but it was a complicated feeling for her. Even from the childhood she saw him as a brother to her. Even today she loves him but with that confusion. She smiled at herself when thinking those childhood memories of both of them.

“Beep… Beep…Beep…” She quickly checked the phone and saw that Ji Hoo was calling her. Happily she picked the line.

“Have you safely arrived?” He asked.

“To get to know that, you should have come to pick me.” She answered pretending that she is in anger.

“Sorry, I had my examination today.” He replied.

“It is ok, I was just joking. I know it.”  She smiled and whispered to the phone.

“Where are you?” He asked.

“I am on my way to hotel. Thanks for the arrangements. Hope to see you at the party.” She said calmly.

“I will come to meet you before the party starts because I have to go out again for my Harabeoji’s work.” He explained.

“Oh! Then will you not be there during the party?” She asked sadly.

“No, no. I will come again but I will be late. So because of that I will come before it starts and meet you just in a case if I will not be able to.” He answered clearly.

“Ok Ji Hoo-ahh, anyway I am happy that you and Harabeoji lives together again. I didn’t know how it happened but anyhow I am so much glad for that. Then see you soon my boy.” She said happily.

“See you then, bye.” He hanged up and checked the time. It was four o’clock in the evening. Since he has the time to go, he thought to have a little nap. Ji Hoo lay in his familiar bed and closed his eyes. He was purposely welcoming to the sleeping goddess whereas the free mind of him was filling with the necessity of knowing the happenings last past weeks.

‘Actually what did happened to Jan Di in that night, when I also cut the finger by myself? Is she alright? Where is she right now? What is she thinking about me? She must have ignored my presence since I didn’t reply her. It is fine, she has Jun Pyo, and she loves him, not me. So, Jan Di also should not think about me and she should try to connect with Jun Pyo all the time. She belongs to him. It is better that I took the decision of letting go her like this. Mainly it is best when we do not have any physical intimacy especially when she is not with me I will be able to step in my lonely road without her interference as I walked in my past. That’s better.’ Through his sleeping eyes his mind was clearing his deep thoughts and making his way understandable.

Ji Hoo opened his eyes and stares at the ceiling. He was happy that he could manage his thoughts like this way. The face of Gum Jan Di was drawing and shading in his mind. But an unknown feeling was rising in his deep corner of the heart. He was scared to surrender it. He knew his heart doesn’t want to accept the decision he has taken. He got up from the bed and took his guitar which was the one and only friend of him always be with him in his happy and sad moods. Slowly his fingers were going through the strings of it, spreading a pain full melody all over the house. He didn’t know why he needed to play and hear a sad full melody but he wanted to surrender all his confusion and fade his defeated love through the strings of the guitar.

Grandfather heard the pain full melody. He slowly stepped in to his room and stopped at the door. He stared at his grandson’s face and saw he is playing the guitar meditating in his own sad full world. Grandfather knew he was trying hard to change his life. He felt so sad when he couldn’t bear the emotions of the pain full melody he was playing. He knew that was coming through his heart not his fingers.

“Harabeoji!!!” Ji Hoo sensed that someo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter