GOT7 Mark - Just Listen

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

ll cr. jinmakeu.tumblr ll

 

GOT7 Mark - Just Listen

 

 

 


You didn't want to get involved, and you didn't want to say anything, but you couldn't go on pretending you didn't know. You feared that the worse could happen is he no longer wants to be your friend. What were you going to do?

A part of you wanted to tell Mark that his girlfriend isn't exactly the girl he thought she was. You knew he liked her a lot, so much more to the point where Mark did anything to get her to be his girlfriend. You're happy for him, you really are. It wasn't like he was a best friend of yours, more like a neighbor who was two years younger than you. You weren't exactly close to him, but the two of you hung out occasionally here and there. Friends would probably be what you referred to him as, just friends.

In some ways, his family was a bit like family to you considering how engaging his parents are, and it didn't help that your older brother enjoyed talking business with his dad. It wasn't until a few years ago you decided to move to LA to live with your brother to continue your life of a suffering college student. That was when you met Mark and his family for the first time. Your brother had already been acquaintances with them beforehand, and just like that his parents treated you like you were one of their kids.

This girl that he raved about, the same girl he had a huge crush on was a friend he knew from church. Through some friends they found out that they hung out with the same crowd and slowly they started a friendship that was pushing to be more than that. She was also a family-friend, considering her parents knew his too, and they met more often because of that.

She was cute and seemed nice, but it bothered you that even after claiming she felt the same way Mark did, she continues to flirt with your brother. The relationship he has with her isn't being friends anymore; they're girlfriend and boyfriend. So why the hell is she still making googly eyes at your brother and taking any chance she got to flirt with him?

You didn't want to judge her especially because she was a family-friend, but the first encounter you had with her, you didn't like her. She lied about your brother mentioning about you to her, and that didn't settle well with you. You and your brother rarely talk about each other to others. And you confirmed it with him proving she indeed lied.

You didn't like her but you didn't show it. She was one of those girls who wanted to befriend you just so she could get close to your brother, and you hated those kinds of girls. You knew Mark likes her and she claimed to like him too.

He was visiting for two weeks, and from day one she hogs him to herself. His family and friends were limited to the time they get to spend with him. You knew she wanted him more now that he was a popular Kpop idol. You were happy to see him again but you weren't exactly sure what it was you really felt. You remembered it clearly what he said to you the night he arrived. "I'm going to tell her," he said. "I'm going to tell her I like her. You don't think four years was too long right?"

She continuously tries to flirt with your brother, and she didn't shy away to show that she wants him. She kept trying to put herself in your brother's life and it bothered you.

You thought about it, actually stressing over it not knowing whether to say something about it or not. It wasn't like you were extremely close to him; you were just a friend and a neighbor.

"What are you trying to say?" Mark asked angry. "She isn't like that." He raised his voice against your accusation.

"Mark-"

"No, don't," he shouted. "I thought you were my friend. Why would you accuse my girlfriend of something like that? She likes me!"

Your eyes grew big and you were lost for words. This was the first time you heard Mark raise his voice and show his anger. You tried to explain yourself but he didn't give you a chance. He was fuming with rage and he spoke thoughtlessly not caring what he was spewing. "You said all of that because you're jealous," he accused.

"W-what? No!" You shook your head denying his ridiculous accusation. "I'm not jealous. What's there for me to be jealous about?" You barked back raising your voice at him.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Oh c'mon, I know you're jealous because I'm dating her and not you, and besides you want me because I'm an idol now."

You felt a wave of anger hit your face and immediately your anger was at its peak. You were just trying to be a good friend, an older friend looking out for a dimwit young boy like Mark. He was so blinded by her he doesn't even see that she has him wrapped around her finger, and most of all she was using him for his fame.

"Never would I have thought you could be so closed minded. I was trying to be a good friend and instead it gets justified as me being a jealous girl." You replied. "FYI, not all girls wants you especially now that you're some stupid Kpop idol you think every girl wants a piece. Think whatever the hell it is you want, I should've never said anything in the first place." You angrily shouted almost raising your fist to his face. You were getting very angry and your emotions were taking over. The last thing you want to do is cry in front of him. You took a deep breath and spoke your last words. "For the record, Jinyoung is my favorite member not you." You turned your heels and walked as fast as you could into your house.

The moment you step inside you clenched at your chest and your legs went weak. You struggled to keep your balance. You forced yourself to take a step forward and your legs wobbled causing you to fall. It didn't even hurt when you fell because you were feeling pain elsewhere. You heard the backdoor open and immediately you wiped your tears trying to lift yourself to your feet.

"Oh, hey you're back early. I thought you were hanging out with Mark?" He asked. You turned your head trying to fight back the tears, but your brother had already sensed something was wrong.

He approached you and with nothing to lose you launched yourself at your brother hugging him tightly as you cried. He patted your back telling you he was here and everything's going to be okay. You sobbed feeling foolish as to why you were even crying.

"She said that to you?" Mark's little brother asked. He nodded. "Well, it wasn't like what she said wasn't true," his brother said.

Mark's eyebrow narrowed and he didn't understand what his brother was saying. "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked coming off a little too strong and offended.

His little brother sighed. "Mark, what she said wasn't out of jealousy. What's there for her to be jealous of?" He questioned and Mark accidentally glared at his brother repeating what you had said. "Look, if you want to know why don't you ask your girlfriend?" He suggested and Mark was irritated. "And for the record, her favorite is Jr not you," his brother smiled.

As if hearing it the first time wasn't enough, he had to hear it again.

Things got awkward for the two of you. You didn't want to go to a family dinner with him and his family. Your brother insists that you go because you have nothing to fear.

"What you said to him, only caring friends dare to, and besides I'll be there too." Your brother said. It wouldn't have matter if your brother was there or not, it didn't sit well on you.

You tried your best to smile and like promised, you distant yourself from Mark and his girlfriend. It didn't even surprised you she would be present as well-she seemed more surprise that you were here. You took a deep breath and wanted to laugh. Not because you saw something funny, but by the fact that you were worrying over something like losing a friendship. Losing a Kpop idol friend was something you didn't care, not when he was acting like that. You knew it would be different because of him being an idol, but you didn't think he changed much over the years.

"I thought this would make you happy, well at least smile, genuinely." You turned around and your favorite Tuan was waving a circle lollipop with a picture of Jinyoung glued to it. Your lips curved into a smile and pinched his cheeks before accepting such a childish treat. "Don't mind him," he said nudging to the couple seated a couple of chairs down. "My brother's an idiot, and what you did wasn't wrong." You nodded your head forcing a smile to let him know you were okay.

Dinner went by smoothly and soon you forgot that Mark and his girlfriend was there too. Joey kept you company and you were reminded again as to why you were closer to Joey than Mark. He was a reliable little brother, sometimes annoying, but a pleasure to have around. He was the opposite of Mark in everything. He was talkative and not shy. He wasn't exactly the athletic type, but he played here and there.

You kept yourself company and your ability to ignore Mark was a level of its own. There were many times you walked passed Mark not even caring to acknowledge his presence. And today, you did the same when you took your dog out for a walk. He was outside with his friends, busy talking and catching up with what he had missed out when one of them noticed and called out your name. You dismissed the call pretending you didn't hear because you had your headphones on. His friend nudges him to get your attention, but he didn't. He couldn't even if he wanted to.

Mark hated himself for saying what he had that night towards you. He knew it wasn't because you were jealous-he would have liked it better if it was because you were jealous-but it wasn't. Mark can't say he hasn't thought about it. The little voice inside of him reminded him that when his neighbors moved in next door his girlfriend as of right now, did have a crush on him. He remembers clearly there would be times she visited, but it wasn't to see Mark it was so she could get to see his neighbor next door. At that time, she was still in high school so she knew he wouldn't look at her as a woman, but now that she is of an adult age she had a a chance.

Mark liked her for a long time, and he kept switching it from just as friends to liking her as a woman. A lot of their friends used to joke and say they would make a cute couple. He didn't disagree with that and neither did she. He lost his chance to tell her when he was casted to be an idol. He kept in touch with her and all of his friends as much as he could when he was training in Korea, and during that time he dismissed his feelings for her and kept it to a friendship level. He didn't want to tie her down not knowing whether he would actually debut or not.

You were someone Mark enjoyed talking to, and there were times he referred to you as a friend more than a sister. He didn't like labeling you as a sister because sometimes he didn't see you like that. He admits he doesn't know you as well as his little brother because he was gone most of the time, but he likes spending time with you. The wasn't a bother to him; it wasn't even that big just two years. And he will admit he was a bit jealous at how close you and his little brother had gotten. The between you and Joey was wider and that didn't bother either of you. The only difference between Mark and Joey was that Joey addressed you as his big sister and you clearly saw him as a little brother.

Like his friends, Mark kept in touch with you as well most of the time was through skype because talking over the phone was too expensive. One thing he remembered vividly was how you told him you'll be his biggest fan when he debuts and you joke saying you'll even run a fansite just for him and no one else because you're his friend and his biggest fan before he even debuted.

You were supposed to be his biggest fan, and he was supposed to be your favorite not Jinyoung. Mark was a little unhappy when he learned about that.

 

 

A friend of yours was in town and you were so happy to see him. It's been a few years since you last saw him and he was going to be in LA for a few days with his friends before they head out to Washington for their internship. You invited him over for dinner, and later on that night you promised to go with him to the Santa Monica Pier.

"Sorry little bro, but my friend is in town and I'm spending the day with him," you said to Joey apologizing for declining his invite to the beach with all of their friends.

"It's okay big sis. Have fun and tell your friend I said hi." Joey gave you a hug gradually pulling you closer to the car causing you to giggle because he was trying to drag you with him. You pushed him and sent him a friendly glare. He pretends to not know what you were glaring at him for. Mark was seated in the front watching and you quickly pushed Joey inside the car running back inside.

Mark knew you were avoiding him after what happened that day and he doesn't blame you. At first, Mark was really angry at what you had said and he couldn't think as to why you would say such a thing. He reacted irrationally and he might have spoken out of anger. He thought about it and maybe it wasn't the greatest idea to ask her out especially when he was only going to be here for two weeks.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" He asked pulling her away from her girlfriends and they walked down the shoreline of the sandy beach. He didn't say anything for a while, and she didn't ask.

"Why did you say yes when I asked you to be my girlfriend?" He finally asked after walking in silence for a while. She had a sorrow smile on and she dipped her toes into the wet sand.

"Probably because I was too excited to see you after four years," she answered. She stopped walking and turned her attention towards the incoming waves. "I like you Mark...but I don't think I have the same feelings as I did before you left." She confessed surprising Mark.

He nodded his head kicking the sand with his toe. He sort of knew her answer would be something along the line of that. "I do have someone I like. He doesn't like me back but it's okay. I'm sorry I shouldn't have rushed an answer. I'll admit I was a bit confused because everything I felt towards you before came rushing back." She lowered her head staring at the little air bubbles popping from the sand, and before she could blink the waves came rushing in brushing over her feet creating more air bubbles. "I think I liked the idea of having a Kpop idol as a boyfriend, and that was probably what made me say yes." She paused. "I'm sorry Mark." She apologized again.

"I think that was the same for me," he said staring at a group of people trying to jump into a massive wave rushing towards them. "I only saw you as a friend after I left, but I don't know after seeing you again, I think my feelings got the best of me." He turned to look at her and she forced a smile.

"You'll always be someone special to me Mark," she said reaching for his hand. "You'll always be a good friend of mine, and I'll always love you and support you as a friend."

He let his hand sink in hers and he smiled looking down at their hands. "Same goes for me too," he said waving their hands back and forth. "You'll always be a special friend to me too." Mark extended his arm and hugged her not as a boyfriend but as a friend. He was disappointed but he felt relieved after knowing her true feelings and his. He rather they stay as good friends and not jeopardize what they have. It was a good thing what they had as a couple was short, and they hadn't done anything other than hold hands. Not a lot of their friends and his family knew they were dating, so things won't be awkward for everyone.

Mark owed a certain someone a huge apology, and he knew that wasn't going to be easy.

You walked hand in hand with your guy friend along the pier, and the two of you stopped for some churros. Having your guy friend here, you felt happier and smiled more. He was a special friend of yours that you knew since high school. He wasn't just a friend, he was more than a best friend, he was a very important guy in your life. He knew how to put a smile on your face, and he could tell with just one look that something was wrong with you.

And by knowing just that, you told him what happened between you and Mark. It was another great thing that this friend of yours was a huge Kpop fan so he understood the circumstances of the conversation you tried to have with Mark. "Should I beat him up for you?" He suggested and you laughed slapping his shoulder.

"If I wanted I can do that myself," you said. "Did you forget I know how to box?" You balled a fist and raised it. He chuckled shaking his head momentarily forgotten that you enjoyed boxing as a workout routine.

You took off your sandals and laced an arm around his as the two of you walked towards the beach continuing the overlapping conversation of whatever it was you were talking to him about. Most of it was about old stories back when the two of you were in high school, and those countless crazy nights when you finally turned 18 and was legal to go clubbing.

"Do you remember that guy that was trying so hard get you to dance with him, and you just totally ditched his thirsty by the security guards?" Charlie, your friend, said. You laughed hysterically remembering that iconic day. It was your first time at a club, and you were terrified when some random guy kept trying to make you dance with him. You were seriously very close to kicking him in his jewels.

"That was the scariest thing ever!" You said a little too loud and excited. "Never in my life had I ever seen a guy so desperate." You shutter just thinking about it.

You were laughing and talking with Charlie walking further and further along the shoreline leaving behind footprints on the wet sand. You hadn't noticed that while you were having a great time with an old friend a certain someone saw you from afar and pouted. Mark's mood went slightly sulking when he saw you smiling so brightly with your arm dangling from the so called friend of yours arm.

He wanted to approach you; he wanted to see your smile, something that he hasn't seen since he came back. He admits in his eyes you had one of the most beautiful and brightest smile he has ever seen. It made his inside feel warm and fuzzy. He can't remember when the last time you had smiled that brightly for him was.

If he wanted to define his relationship with you, it wouldn't be easy. The problem was that at one point, Mark viewed you as a woman the more he got to know you. Mark was the worst at making friends because of his quiet personality, and he somehow wasn't his quiet self when he was with you. Conversations with you were endless because you were open to any kind of topics regardless how stupid it might sound to others. Mark knew he didn't see you as a sister, he was certain of that.

You stared at your phone sighing for the nth time when it beeps an incoming text message. You rolled your eyes turning your phone over mumbling the hatred you developed towards Mark Tuan. He continuously kept trying to get your attention calling and texting and you were annoyed. You weren’t in the mood especially not after that night. He accused you of being jealous, just what exactly was there for you to be jealous of? That he was dating the girl he liked for such a long time? You weren’t jealous you were looking out for him like any good friend would.

If you weren’t a friend you wouldn’t even bother to have said the things you did that night. You wanted him to rethink about it because it was clear that his so called girlfriend likes your brother more than Mark. Everyone knew that since day one she liked your brother and had since then tried to get your brother’s attention but he only saw her as a friend, more precisely a little sister. She was almost a decade younger than him, and there was no way your brother was going to date a girl ten years younger than him. It was embarrassing and a little pitiful especially when she was younger than you too.

This time Mark used his little brother’s phone hoping that you would pick up. You almost, almost picked up when quick to realize that it might be Mark. He heaved a frustrated sigh feeling defeated. He knew it wasn’t going to be easy but he didn’t think you would ignore him to this extent. He sighed going downstairs to get something to drink. He handed his brother back his phone and in returned he received a chuckle of sympathy.

“You know she lives next door,” his brother suggested feeling sorry to see his brother struggle so much for attention he never once had to work much for. “She isn’t asleep yet. You should go over and talk to her in person. That’s the best way you’ll actually get in contact with her.”

“What if she slams the door in my face?” He asked hopeless.

“Then let her slam the door in your face and knock again.” His brother answered. “It’s not like you don’t deserve it anyways. Her brother will let you in whether she wants it or not.”

His little brother made it sound so easy. Has he done this before? Is that why he knows so well how to get in contact with her? Mark sighed deeply and scratched his head.

 

His days were lessening and he knew he had to resolve what happened between the two of you before he leaves. It was incredulous, he will admit, how difficult it had been trying to catch you especially when you lived right next door. He could have sworn he stared at the front of your door for a while and not once did he see you go out, but somehow you were pulling up to the front of your gate. He took a deep breath taking three steps towards you and like magic you had disappeared. His frustration was slowly creeping.

He gets it that you hate him and he deserved to be treated this way. He knew he did wrong on his part and he hates that despite his failed attempts to reach out to you, you were like a brick wall. You remained stubborn not allowing even an ounce of remorse for what Mark wants to apologize for.

You were upset mostly hurt that Mark would accuse you of being jealous. The way you saw it was since he will be leaving soon and you won't see him ever again, you felt there was no need to rekindle what was said that night. Whether it was his true feelings or not, you know what Mark saw you as; a jealous friend who wished she was Mark's girlfriend instead.
You chuckled feeling angry just at the thought of it. This was probably for the best anyways. You weren't considered a close friend; you were just the girl next door.

Mark keeps counting down the days he has left and even though he still has a week to go before he returns to South Korea, it felt like it would go by in a flash. Almost a whole week he tried contacting you and he received nothing. You were gone in the mornings and afternoons, and when he would return at night hoping you would be home you weren't. Just where exactly are you? As it turned out, you spent longer hours at school and juggled with your work schedule. He did catch you one night coming home well over midnight, and when he swiftly ran out the door he noticed how tired and exhausted you looked. He turned his heels with his head hanging low and walked back inside.

Its past midnight and you finally finished the last part of your research paper. You yawned stretching your tired limbs and closed your laptop carrying what you can upstairs to your room. You made a quick trip around the house making sure all doors were locked and windows were closed. You went to the alarm system making sure it was on and was about to head to bed when the doorbell rang. You jumped startled wondering who would be at the door at this hour. You started to get a little scared and to make matters worse; your dog started barking scaring you even more. You grabbed an umbrella that was resting on the counter and looked into the peephole relieved that it was just Mark. You opened the door staring at the boy in front of you with widen eyes. "Mark, what are you doing here this late?" You asked surprised.

"I need to talk to you. Can I come in?" He asked and you stepped to the side allowing him to come in. You weren't sure what he wanted to talk about, but you assumed it must be something important considering it was well over midnight.

"What is it you wanted to talk to me about?" You said sinking yourself into the sofa and your dog lied next to you filling the middle space between you and Mark.

He rubbed his hands together taking a deep breath as his recount what he had planned to say in his head. "I...I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day. I didn't mean to say those things to you, and I know that you were only being just a good friend and sister." Mark finally spoke feeling a heavy weight lift off his shoulders. "You have every right to hate and be mad at me. I deserved it. I'm sorry."


You forced a smile bringing your legs to your chest accepting his apology. "I don't hate you Mark. I was mad and I was upset, but I could never hate you," you explained. "It's my fault too," you laughed awkward. "I was being too protective when you're not even a kid anymore. I just didn't want to see you get hurt but I ended up being the one to hurt you instead. I'm sorry," you said forcing a smile. "You guys match each other really well." You said trying to enlighten the mood.

"We broke up already," he answered in a low tone.

"W-what?"

He lifted his head and his eyes met yours. "We broke up. As it turned out, what you said was half true. We decided it was best to remain good friends because we matched that better." He bit his bottom lip smiling. Without much thought, you scooted closer and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms perfectly around you and you rubbed his back.

"Thank you," he said pulling you closer into the hug.

"What for?" You responded from the other side.

"For always having my back and for always being the friend that I can trust," said Mark. "But you didn't keep your promise."

You pulled away from the hug and stared at his face. He stared back and you smiled cupping his face. It felt like it was just yesterday when you became his neighbor, and now he is a superstar breaking hearts from left to right. Mark cupped your face smiling too and brought it closer to his until your forehead touched his.

"What promise?"

"You were supposed to be my biggest fan not Jinyoung's," he whined and you chuckled finding it ridiculous and amazing that he remembered that.

"It's not my fault Jinyoung is so cute and hot!" You admitted blushing. Mark pouts and his hands drop to his side disappointed he had lost to Jinyoung. You giggled finding it all too adorable that having Jinyoung as your favorite bothered him. If anything, you thought it would be weird if Mark was your favorite because you knew him.

He grabbed your hand and carefully he laced his fingers with yours. You stared down and watch the way his fingers perfectly closed the gap between the openings of your fingers. His hand was warm and he liked how soft your skin was against his. "I missed you," he whispers finally being brave enough to say the words he struggled so hard to say.

You smiled eyes still staring down at your entwined hands thankful that Mark went out of his way to restore an almost broken friendship.

"I'm happy you're home." You said closing your eyes savoring this moment.

"So am I," and he tilted your head downwards and kissed your forehead.

 

 


an: it's been a while since i last posted anything on here. this was something i worked on a while back while i just barely got into the got7 fandom. i wrote this for a friend of mine, who isn't a mark bias but she gave me this brilliant idea and so here it is! i won't open any request atm as i'm having a hard time juggling with school work. i may start opening request again near the end of the year, that is if any one you are still reading and still wants to request. enjoy this little piece as i have no clue when i'll update this again. -A