EXO Kai - Enough is Enough (sequel)

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

tumblr_mwyqo6loo71qhmxnlo1_1280.jpg

 

EXO Kai - Enough is Enough

(SEQUEL)

 

 

[ i advise you to read THIS before reading any further]

 

It has been a month. A whole entire month since you broke it off with Kai. It has been a month since you heard from him. At first, he called you like crazy two weeks into the breakup, but after that he stopped and you never looked back. He gave you pain and he hurted you. There was no going back to what it used to be because there was nothing. It was an empty one-sided relationship.

You tried from the start to be understanding and supportive but it was him who took you for granted. You didn't matter to him not when he had hundreds of young, pretty girls surrounding him all the time.

No man in this world would be lonely if they had girls flocking to him. No man. And Kai, he was no different.

It was difficult for you to move on when his face was plastered just about everywhere. It didn't help that your much older coworkers adored him to no end. It was disturbing when they made provocative comments about him. You felt disgusted. You were happy; nonetheless, to not be the one to deal with erted and obsessed fans like your coworkers. You were finally free from his crazy fans and their obnoxious, child-like tactics.

You weren't afraid of them anymore. You fought back when needed and spewed some sense into young girls wasting their time on a guy who doesn't care. Crazy stalker fans or not you hoped Kai at least treated his fans nicely and acknowledged their presence because without them there would be no Kai.

You trained yourself to get used to seeing him everywhere and soon the relationship you had with him was buried. You didn't feel anything for him anymore when you saw his face on tv or have your heart race when you heard his name. Anything and everything that reminded you of him or seeing him made you no longer feel the pain. He was just another no too good pretty boy that momentarily came into your life and taught you a valuable life lesson to never date an idol ever again.

You had some regrets but most of which you could never get back like the time you spent wasted on waiting for him. You could never get that back. You closed the door to your heart and threw the keys into the ocean. You weren't interested in relationships at the moment and you knew all too well it won't happen again for years to come. Right now, the only thing you were focusing on was yourself. You were learning to love yourself again, and to be strong like before you met Kai.

You are happier now than when you were with him. Your heart as at ease and your mind wasn't corrupting. You were starting a new chapter in life and so far, it was going smoothly.

Work was the same nothing new as of now. You hung out with your co-workers more and made friends closer to your age. You decided it was best to be friends with people the same age as you instead of kids like Kai. You eventually stopped counting the days and slowly he was being erased from your life.

You came home late one night from a staff gathering at a nearby bbq joint by the office. It was supposed to be over three hours ago, but knowing how your coworkers were; it had to end with half of them tipsy from soju. You had a couple of shots yourself, but didn't overdue it like the rest.


You opened your front door and tiredly took off your jacket tossing it onto a chair and dropped your keys into the bowl next to it. Your body was awfully sore as you took heavy footsteps towards the bathroom. There was a knock at the door and you stopped listening to make sure you heard correctly. You tossed it aside continuing but there it was again. You turned half of your body staring at the front door. A drop of fear exploded and you weren't sure if you should open the door. I was really late, probably 3 am, and your guts telling you it isn't safe.

You tippy toed towards the front door placing your ear to the door trying to listen to any kind of noise from the other side. You peeked into the viewer's hole and gasped. You shook your head looking once more to make sure it wasn't the alcohol playing with your eyes.

"Nuna," you heard. "I know you're in there, please open the door." You held your breath covering your mouth. You heard a knock and you jumped away. You stared frantically at the door. He was really on the other side. The person knocking on your door really was Kai.

You patted your chest taking in a deep breath and exhaled. Your hand slowly went towards the doorknob and with one forceful push you slowly opened the door. There in front of you was someone you did not want to see. You had done all that you could to avoid him and it was working perfectly well, that is until Kai decided to stop by at dawn standing in front of your door.

“Kai, what are you doing here?” You questioned having only the door opened enough to see him. He had his head down and his hand was tucked in his pocket. You guessed he probably just finished practicing judging from the clothes he had on. He slowly raised his head and when his eyes met yours, instead of feeling flustered or stuffy, like how you would have, you felt nothing. You saw the redness in his eyes and how the bottom of it was swelled, but your heart didn’t flutter nor did it race uncontrollable. The Kai you saw standing in front of you wasn’t the Kai you were with months ago, nor was he the Kai everyone liked. The Kai you saw was just another little boy looking lost and trying to get any kind of comfort he could dig.

“I miss you.” He said voice cracking and hoarse. You pushed your hair back. If this happened two months ago you might have gave in and pulled him into his arms telling him how much you missed him too.

“Go home Kai,” you said not giving in despite whatever it was he was showing. He was surprised. He didn’t think you would be so cold towards him. He knew he messed up and he knew he took you for granted, but he wants to fix what he did wrong.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled sounding more like a cry. “I was stupid and I was caught up in the moment. You were everything to me, and I only realized that until after you left.” He confessed almost on the brick of crying. “I love you. I still love you.” He pleaded trying his best to get your attention. He knows he is late. He should have treated you better and make you know that he cared for you.

“But I don’t love you anymore,” you coldly responded. “I’ve moved on Kai and so should you. What we had, it shouldn’t even be called love.” You snorted actually laughing at yourself for mistaking it for love when it wasn’t. “For you to realize how much I meant to you only after I left, tsk, it doesn’t mean you love me. It only means you’re doing this because you want to get even.” You angrily stated.

“No, but I-”

You shook your head and chuckled. “No, no you didn’t. What I had to endure as the price for being your girlfriend was out of this world. I received hate letters and threats from your crazy fans, and your company made me swear to not speak of this relationship to anyone. Now that I think back to it, I was the dumb one to agree to date you. What kind of person would want to date in secret and have to hide everything and live their life on a thread?”

Kai knew you had suffered but he didn’t know it was to this extent. He knew he was powerless when it came to things he couldn’t control. It was his fault for being too comfortable around you not thinking once that maybe you would be the one to end things with him.

“Don’t come here anymore. I don’t love you anymore and I’ve moved on. Let me live my life and you live yours. We both weren’t meant to be, and your world is different from mine.” You explained and made it clear that this was the last straw for everything. You were cutting off all ties with Kai and hope that he too, will do the same and move on.

“Goodbye Kai.” You said your last farewell and closed the door. You took a deep breath and told yourself what you did was right and praised yourself before heading to bed.

Kai stared at the door in front of him feeling numb. He felt a sting of pain from within his chest where his heart is. He placed his hand over it and gasped. So, this was what it felt like to have your heart broken.

 


an: the sequel that you all wanted so badly is here. i've stated this before that this wont have a happy ending and just as i said it is what it is. i dont believe that kai deserves a second chance nor should he be given a reason to get a second chance. not every story will always have a happy ending, and this like many of those out there didn't have a happy ending.

im sure many of you expected a happy ending, but like i stated before i already made up my mind to not give this a happy ending. im not too keen with sequel(s) so it will be rare for me to write sequel(s) in the future. it doesnt mean I wont, i am picky when it comes to writing sequels to certain plot, and this story was one where it didnt need a sequel. the story, the characters, and the emotions pretty much explained that there wasnt going to be a happy ending between the two characters.

i was rather surprised by the amount of readers who had constantly and even pm me to write a sequel to this. but i thank you all for wanting a sequel & im sorry that this didnt live up to the expectations you all were waiting for. -A