Jessica - Liking Your Best Friend

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

Jessica - Liking Your Best Friend

 

 




Jessica pouts as she watched her best friend play basketball. She didn’t want to be here she rather be elsewhere, where it isn’t so hot. She’s bathing under the burning sun and she angrily cursed her best friend for dragging her here. She tried cooling herself by fanning herself with a notebook she pulled from his backpack. She heard whispers behind and she turned to see two girls practically eyeing her best friend.



She smacked her lips shaking her head.



Freshmen. They won’t stand a chance in trying to get Jing Dau’s attention. They better get in line because there are a hundred other girls in this school that wants a piece of the school’s basketball captain.


Jessica sighs in relief that his game is over.



Jing Dau ran to Jessica and she threw him a water bottle. He gulped it down in one shot panting in and out. Jessica stood from the benches and handed him his very heavy backpack and duffle bag.



“Are you done torturing me?” She questioned.



He smiled sliding his arms in the straps of his backpack. “How can you even call this torture?” He teased closing the zipper to his duffel bag and swinging it onto his arm.



“I was basically roasting in this hot sun.” She glared jumping off the bench and landing next to him. “If that’s not torture I don’t know what is.”



The two freshmen girls’ shyly waved to the popular boy and he returned their hello with a smile.



“Yah! Choi Jing Dau! Hurry up!” She yelled already distances from where he is. She impatiently had her hands on her hip tapping her foot against the ground. He ruffled his hair embarrassed at the two girls and ran to catch up with Jessica.



“Look at you and your little admirers.” She teased.


He scratched the back of his head embarrassed. He thought it was cute of the freshmen girls to think of him that way, but Jing Dau has his eyes for only one girl. He's been trying to show her how much he likes her, but it isn't progressing well or she's probably dodging him.



He thinks its pretty cliche that he's fallen for his best friend. Of all the girls in this world, he has fallen for his best friend. It's wasn't like he had always seen her as a woman. She is his friend and there were times he thought to himself how can any other guy deal with her, because honestly, Jessica isn't a proactive person.



She doesn't like to do any heavy lifting or anything to give her a sweat basically. She complains a lot and is a picky eater. She is blunt, very blunt and comes off as a cold and heartless person. She's lazy and likes to sleep.



He laughed at himself sometimes when he names all of the bad traits she has. He kept having dreams of her and each dream was always them as a couple. It horrified him to dream such things about his best friend. A dream is a dream after all right?



"I'm hungry." She blurted.


He smirked amused as if this wasn't something he hasn't heard before. He followed as she led the way to a fried chicken restaurant. He red the bright red letters plastered on the window and raised an eyebrow.


"Fried chicken?" He questioned.


She ignored him and went inside ordering two orders of fried chicken. He cleared his throat casually picking a table to be seated. He looked around noticing familiar faces from school smiling at a group of girls who caught his attention. They all giggled and shyly waved back at him as he enjoyed the view but was blocked by Jessica.


"Ya!" She yelled slamming the two orders of chicken loudly onto the table. "If you want to flirt go do it over there."


"Don't be jealous." He teased.


She rolled her eyes disgusted. She was not jealous she has no reason to be. She glared at him and viciously shoved the chicken into chewing very roughly.
He held back his laugh not wanting to anger the Princess.


He reached for his share of food realizing that she had given him only the wings. He looked at her fluster and scratched his head.


"Why do I get all the wings?" He complained.


She her fingers cleaned before answering, "because I don't like the wings."


He chuckled reaching for a piece in her plate but she slapped his hand. "Ya! Get your hands off my chicken."


He drew back his hand mumbling something that earned him a glare.
"You don't even like fried chicken." He complained again.


"W-Who said I didn't?" She barks back.


He points a finger at Jessica and she bit her bottom lip.

"Just shut up and eat!" She said shoving a large piece of chicken into his mouth.


Jin Dau knew something weird is going on with her. She doesn't like fried chicken and here they are eating at a friend chicken restaurant. He's certain that she doesn't like fried food because it makes her fat according to her.



"Stop staring at me like that." She angrily said as they are nearing her house.

He doesn't stop and continues to stare.


She's embarrassed and hides her face pushing him. He laughs as she angrily stomps ahead. He runs to catch up with her having a clue to her weird actions lately.


"Jessica," he said blocking her way. She moved to the right and he moved to the right as well. She moved to the left and he did the same earning him a glare.


"I think I know why you're eating fried chicken." He said.

Her eyes wavered and she tightens her grip on the straps of her backpack.


He placed a hand on his chin swaying back and forth almost as if he was taunting her. "You're trying to get fat!"


dropped open at his accusation.


"No?"


She punched his chest multiple times before he caught he wrist bringing it down to her side. She was angry and he knew he shouldn't have said that.

He leaned his face in pursing his lips. "I was only kidding." He assured. "But I think actions speak louder than words." He said and kissed her on the lips.


She didn't fight him off. She didn't squirm. And she didn't kick him.
She was nervous but she wasn't. Jing Dau slowly pulls away and opened his eyes to see she still has her closed. He smiles letting his fingers wrap themselves perfectly in between her small hands.


She opens one eye and is met with his face inches from hers. She immediately closed it too embarrassed to face him. He cupped her face pouting.


"I have to learn how to like fried chicken if I like you." She confessed.


He didn't need anything more. Her confession was too funny, but so cute. Who knew fried chicken would be the one who made them both confessed? He's just happy she went out of her way to show he means something to her.