Hoya - Baby Syndrome

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

 

Hoya - Baby Syndrome

 

 

 

 

 

Today was supposed to be Hoya and I together day, but it got arranged to babysitting day. My best friend had asked me if I can watch her 14 months old daughter as she attended an emergency call from the hospital. I, of course, said yes immediately without second thinking. That is until I realized that I had a date with Hoya today. I had to cancel on him and told the reason why. He didn't sound upset about it, and was very understanding. I feel bad I had to cancel, but my best friend needed my help.

I was playing with Hana, my best friend's 14 months old baby girl. She was surprisingly a very obedient girl. She didn't cry nor was she picky about people. She is absolutely adorable and just hearing her baby laughter made me want a baby of my own. I was playing peekaboo with her when the doorbell ranged. I picked her up and carried her on my side as I went to go check who that was. I opened the door and was greeted by a smiling Hoya. "What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

 He let himself in and he couldn't take his eyes of baby Hana. "I thought I'd come and help you with this pretty little girl." He said tapping Hana's right cheek. He started cooing baby words to her and she was all smiles. I set Hana back down to where all her toys were and Hoya didn't hesitate to sit himself next to her.

He took one of her rattling toys and started shaking it. Hana had her eyes fixed on the toy in his hand and she tried to lift her up to reach for it. He playfully pulled the toy closer to her and right when she was about to grab it he pulled it away. He made a surprised face and gasped when Hana didn't grab it in time. She found it funny and laughed as she was now on all fours. Hoya scooted back and Hana started to crawl after him. He continued to rattle the toy in front of her as she crawled little by little to him.

 I watched as he played so happily with baby Hana. I never knew he was so well with kids. It almost seemed natural. Hana finally reached Hoya and she placed her hands on his leg as she tried to use his leg as a support for her to stand up. He picked her up and sat her on his lap giving her the toy. She happily rattled it as she accomplished in getting her toy. He got up and carried Hana to the sofa. He nestled her on his lap as she started her baby talk. I couldn't help but be mesmerized by him. His face became brighter after playing with Hana and he looked like such a loving caring dad. It made me wonder how great of a dad he will be one day. He stole a kiss from Hana before she shoved the rattling toy into .

"She really likes you." I finally said. He smiled making sure she was secured in his arms.

"I think so too." I sat next to him and patted Hana's small head. Her hair was so soft. He looked at me as I did so and grinned. "I think we'll be great parents." He proclaimed.

I smiled wiggling my finger from Hana’s grip. I was happy to see how welcoming Hoya is. He wasn't afraid of Hana at all, and most importantly he made Hana comfortable. It was time for Hana's nap time and I can already tell she was getting tired. She started to rub her eyes and yawn. I grabbed her bottle from the fridge and filled it with her milk. She coughed little cries and I took her from Hoya. Her hands immediately were calling for her bottle. I held her in my arms as she on her bottle and rocked her to sleep. It wasn't long until Hana fell asleep in my arms.

 I carefully and quietly took her to my room. Hoya helped me with the blankets and adjusted the pillows so I can place her to sleep. I moved slowly on top of the bed and carefully brought my entire body on the bed. I laid her head down first and as slowly as possible removed my arm from her head. Hoya held her head for support and he slowly laid her head on the pillow the minute my arm was free. I pulled the blanket just enough to cover her body. We tiptoed out the room and I closed the door almost all the way leaving a small opening so we can hear her in case she woke up. I went in the kitchen to grab a drink and Hoya plotted himself on the sofa. I sat next to him and he used my lap as his pillow. We stayed quiet like that for a while with the TV volume on low.

"Do you think I would make a good dad?" He randomly asked. I run my fingers through the locks of his hair looking down at him.

"I know you'll be an amazing dad." He smiled. He was happy with my answer. He hooked his fingers with the hand that was ruffling through his hair.

 "We're going to be amazing parents." He said. I nod agreeing with him.