BTS Jin - Coffee & Love

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

BTS Jin - Coffee & Love

 

 

 

 

 

The aroma of freshly grounded and brewed coffee spread throughout this little coffee shop that Jin frequently visited. It wasn't like Starbucks, with their fancy names they had for each different drink and it wasn't as loud. It was rather, more soft and mellow, but not mellow in a sad way, but mellow in a calm and relaxing way. This coffee shop didn't play upbeat music; instead it soothed every square inch with classic jazz and the strings of an acoustic guitar and grand piano.


It was a rather simple coffee shop at first glance, but once he entered it wasn't simple at all. The structure of the shop was heavily inspired by a vintage look that can be found in Paris. It had an outside patio embellished by red flowers and every table and chair had exquisite details.

It didn't take long until Jin made this is regular spot for a quick coffee stop, but he could never quite seemed to leave the shop as fast as he hoped. There was something in here about this placed that cling onto him. He had to sit in there for at least 15 minutes, always.

He quite liked watching people as they walked by and the customers who come in. It didn't take Jin long to realize that this coffee was more suited towards adults of a much older age. There were a handful of young adults, but definitely no teenagers. It was a peaceful and humble small coffee shop.

Jin was never much of a coffee person until he discovered this hidden gem. The coffee was perfect in his taste. It must've been the beans or the person who grinds it but it suited his taste. He didn't like it too dark and strong nor was he a fan of overloads of sugar flavored syrups as well


There just was something about this coffee shop and its coffee that seemed to balance the taste of coffee Jin couldn't find elsewhere. He grew to become calmer and less stressed whenever he was at his coffee shop. He always found it amusing of the espresso art whenever he ordered one. The hands behind these arts were skilled and he can see that the barista put his passion and love into this 30 second espresso art.

Jin later found out that it was actually a young lady not a guy who was the skilled barista artist behind the art. He had seen her once at the register, but never saw her at the coffee station. He always saw the guy making all the drinks so he was surprised to know that it wasn't made by a guy.

Jin started to pay more attention and when he did he noticed that the female barista would only make his order and no one else's. He watched her hands and how gentle she handled everything. She took her time and carefully steamed the milk. Jin admired how cautious and engrossed she was in creating a foam art. Her concentration was no laughing matter. She made one of the best arts among the baristas and Jin was the only one who got to see it.

He liked watching her and the way her lips formed into a smile when she was satisfied with her creation. She had a really pretty smile. He saw her reached into her pocket and take out her phone. She took a picture of it before handing it off to another employee to bring it to him.

He was a little sad that she wasn't the one to deliver it to him. He would like to see her up close and thank her.

He couldn't help but think why she only brewed his coffee and no one else's. He slid a finger into the cup handle and brought it to his lips. The smell of the coffee tingle his nostrils and he smiled, letting his sense of taste nourish the creamy foam of the steamed milk. He felt greedy and ordered another cup, but this time it wasn't prepared by her. He looked up alarmed and ask the male barista.


"Excuse me," Jin said. "The young lady that fixed my order earlier, where did she go?"

The male barista looked around. "I'm sorry sir, but she is off her shift."

Jin nodded a 'thank you' and rushed out the door in hopes of catching her. He left without his second order but that wasn't a big deal. He looked to his left and right scanning his eyes at the people walking by. She couldn't have gone too far and he was right. She was still wearing her work uniform as she walked right passed him. A big fat smile plastered on his face.


He gently ran after her and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around startled by him and jumped. Her eyes grew big when she saw who it was and tried to cover herself, but it was useless. "You're the one that always make my order of espresso." Jin said smiling.

She shyly nodded tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.


"They're really good, your arts."

She blushed. "Thanks." She turned her heels ready to leave but Jin reached for her hand stopping her. She looked down at her hand to him surprised.

He immediately let go when he realized he had done such a repulsive act. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "By the way, my name is Jin. If you don't mind I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee sometime." He asked.

She stared at him blankly and he belatedly realized that she works at a coffee shop. He scratched the back of his head laughing at his silly mistake. She laughed too and that was when Jin had been mesmerized.

"Ice cream," She said. "I like ice cream."