Optional Bias - Beautiful Monster

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

Optional Bias – Beautiful Monster

 


 

 

You were new to the area and you hated it already. Your parents were always on the move they rarely stayed in a spot for a long time. You should’ve been adjusted to it by now, the constant change of areas, but still you couldn’t. This was the fifth time in less than a year that your family moved to a different town. You sighed throwing your backpack on the unmade bed from this morning. You looked around your empty room wanting to decorate it but you know best not to; you never knew when they’ll suddenly move again. You closed her eyes thinking about your best friend. You bite the bottom of your lip cringing when a memory hits too close. You drop back and fall to the ground. Your nails are digging into your own skin almost as if you wanted to feel the pain your best friend felt.

Everything suddenly goes dark and your breath heaves louder. Your heart pounds faster and you tried to make out whatever is in the dark. You wanted to scream but your throats clogged and you feel heavy under a presence you can’t make out. You ran your finger tips against the wooden floor to only find yourself touching wet dirt. You quickly pulled your hand to your chest rubbing the two fingers against each other. You lift your head and took a sniff of air. You were outside not in your room. You smell dirt and fire. You opened your eyes finding yourself sitting on the dirt in the middle of the woods. You looked around frantically in case someone was behind. You stared at your hands dirt stuck in between your nails.

You pull yourself up and dust off the dirt on your clothes and hands. You followed the smell of the fire still being cautious of your surroundings. You walked a mile or so from where you found yourself and you weren’t sure where you were going. Everything looked the same and you felt like you were walking in circles. You stopped in the middle of nowhere all that’s around is big trees and darkness. You don’t even know why you’re not scared.

You patted your pockets remembering you shoved your phone in one of the pockets, but was empty handed. You reached into your back pocket wishing it would magically appear but instead you pulled out a folded note. You unfolded it trying to make out what it read using the moon as your only light. It was a letter your best friend wrote to you before she was kidnapped. You looked around again and it finally started to make sense. This was the forest your best friend’s body was found.

Now, you were finally feeling scared. Your hands balled into a fist having a gut feeling that someone was watching you this whole time. You slightly looked over your shoulder and saw a shadow. Your heart dropped and your stomach tensed. Your breathing started to escalate again and you heard footsteps come closer. The sound of the ground being moved against the intruder’s shoe and hearing the cracking sound of branches being stepped on was finally terrifying you.

You heavily tried to move your steps finding it hard to even move. Your own body wasn’t obeying and you knew if you didn’t run he would catch you like how he caught your best friend. You can hear his breathing from behind and you swallowed a cry from escaping. He was coming closer and you haven’t moved. You couldn’t move your foot was glued to the ground.

“Hello beautiful,” his voice was horsed and amused.

Your body froze upon hearing his voice. You didn’t have to see his face to know he had a smirk on. You pushed yourself to turn to face this demon who took your best friend. His eyes were blood-shot red and his red hair stood out in the darkness of this forest. He is tall and slender and looked like he had a built body. You knew you wouldn’t be able to fight against him. He looked too strong for you.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” He said taking a step forward showing his face.

Your eyes widen startled at the boy standing in front of you. He was nothing like what you had imagined. He looked merely like a little teenage boy. He took a step closer and smiled. You felt a cold chill run down the back of your spine and within an instant he was standing behind you. You quickly turn around and there he was standing behind you. He smiled again but this time the color of his eyes changed.

You managed to take a step back quivering in fear. He his lips letting out a soft cough. You had no idea what he wanted but you knew this wasn’t the time to be thinking you should be running. You should be running for your life but you had so much unanswered questions. You need to know why, why he did that to your best friend and what is he.

“I promise I won’t hurt you.” He said innocently but his eyes spoke differently.

You shook your head taking more steps back. “Why?” You cried out. “Why did you do that to her?!” You screamed in the forest.

He looked down at the ground folding his hands together and back at you. He wavered to give a respond. He looked rather bothered by your question, but he knew he owed you an explanation.

“What are you?” You questioned looking at him in disgust.

He finally looked at you and his eyes went back to being red. You gasped but you covered your mouth. He was hurt by your remark, but he didn’t want to show you his true self. “You’re a monster!” You screamed with tears filled in your eyes.

He reached out to touch you but you screamed and pushed his hand away. You screamed for him to not come close, to not touch you, or else you’ll kill him. He smirked at your lame threat.

“I killed her because she was going to kill you.” He answered. “Your best friend, she isn’t who you think she is.”

You dropped to the floor your legs had no strength. You finally heard it from his own mouth, the killer finally admitted to murdering your best friend.

“She isn’t human,” He tried to explain.

“You’re psychotic.” You spouted.

“Listen to me!” He roared. You jumped afraid at his roar. You covered your ears shaking your head. This is a dream. This isn’t real, this isn’t true. This is a dream.

“Your best friend is a Demon. She was trying to eat your soul so she could live and look younger.” He said. “She was trying to steal your body so she could be with me.”

You shook your head burying your head in between your legs. “You’re lying!” You cried.

“Please,” he said pulling you away and off the ground. “Please you have to believe me.” He begged.

“You murdered my friend, made up an unbelievable story, and you expect me to believe you?” You questioned, “You’re going to kill me just like you killed her aren’t you?”

“I would never hurt you,” He promised. “You’re my soul mate.”

You pushed him away wiping your tears. You grabbed a broken tree branch and held it over your head. He laughed at your unthreatening weapon but you made your stand clear. If he takes one step closer or tries to touch you again you’ll hit him with this.

“Don’t you ever wonder why your parents are always moving?” He suddenly asked. “Your parents never told you the real reason why?”

You lowered the branch from above your head wondering why he knew that. Your face scrunched together surprised, you never suspected your parents to lie to you or anything. It was all because of your dad’s job, wasn’t it? Foolishly, you knew this could be a trap but you wanted to know.

“Your father is a demon. He met your mom by accident, he fell in love with her but he couldn’t be with her because she is human. Demons are banned from ever having any kind of relationship with humans, especially an intimate relationship. The lord found out that your dad had impregnated a human and ordered a hunt to kill your mom. Your dad had never once showed your mom who he really was until that one night when she was kidnapped. Your dad, the only way to protect and fight, finally showed his true self. He was afraid she would call him a monster, but most of all he was afraid of losing your mom. But your mom,” he paused and chuckled, “was blinded by love because when your dad was getting severely beaten she ran to shield him and begged for forgiveness. She told the lord to kill her instead and to spare your life and your dad’s.” He paused and watched your trembling lips enjoying the way they quivered.

“The lord agreed to kill your mom instead, he ordered everyone to go away and let himself be the one to kill your mom. As your mom kneeled in front of the lord, who happens to be your grandfather, she told your dad how much she loved him and how thankful she was to have met such a wonderful man like him. She didn’t care if he was a wolf because he made her happy and showed her love. The lord committed the biggest sin ever; he ordered your parents to go far away as possible and to never show their face ever again, but in return your parents-” He suddenly stopped talking.

You looked up and he had changed form. His eyes were red, he had long sharp teeth, his body grew two times bigger, and his nails were long. You grew weak in his appearance and you felt groggy.

“- promised you must marry a demon.”  He said walking towards you. With each step he took your breath grew faint and you backed away. His red eyes followed your every movement and he took in your scent. It was intoxicating and it was rewarding like they promised. “That demon is me.”

 

 


 

Author's Note: I wrote this last year but never got around to finishing it. It started off really good and then I don't know what happened. This is a really cliff-hanging oneshot. I found this in my files while I was doing some cleaning and noticed I never posted it. I dont really know what this was supposed to be other than being something i wrote out of boredom.