Leo - The Graveyard Boy

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

Leo - The Graveyard Boy

 

 

You heard of stories about the Graveyard boy. Rumors spilled all around long ago that he is a thousand years old, has a face carved by angels, and feeds on the soul of young girls. His beauty is one that was rare and often hard to believe; girls have been said to be seduced by his alluring mysterious character.

They say he is still on the hunt to find his bride. Some say he is searching for his dead bride. His bride to be was accused of being a witch, and when the town learned of her motives they ordered a hunt to hang her. He lives deep in the grave because that was where she died. They say he lurks at the wee hours at night searching for his possible bride. Rumors claim his beauty is so blinding it will capture you before you can take a breath.

No one has ever seen him. Everyone only heard of stories but there were never any proof. You lived in this small town almost all your life and, god bless your soul, wanted to find this graveyard boy. You were always been curious as to how he looked like and what his story really was. You somehow sympathized his lost; someone he loved dearly died because of some stupid witch accusation.

The graveyard would be your first place to find this anonymous boy except you didn't know which graveyard it could be. There were five cemeteries within your town. You resort to the internet to find as much information as you can about this Graveyard Boy, and to your dismay there was very little to know. What you did find was circulating rumors you had already known about.

You remembered your mom had conducted a lesson on the graveyard boy for her students during her teaching days. With her permission, you were able to hopefully gain information other than what you already know by going through the pile of written essays. Your mom's old lesson wasn't much help since she had as much information as you did. You sighed ruffling through the pile of papers written from her past students still keeping some slight hope. It hasn't been long since your mom retired from teaching so these papers should still be close to new. You yawned one after another scanning through what seemed like endless papers of essays. You were on the brink of giving up as you reached for the last one. 

You scanned with yours eyes half-open, skimming through repeated information, and were ready to call it a quit when something caught your eye. You lifted your tired head and flipped back to the front of the page looking for the owner’s name. Jung 'Leo' Taek Woon..

You started from the first page again reading each word. As you read you noticed how differently this student had written his paper. His tone was exquisite almost as if he was actually describing the features of the Graveyard Boy.  It was as if Leo knew this graveyard boy. From the description of his sharp facial structure to the demons he fought, you were drawn to Leo's perspective of whom and how the graveyard boy was.

You took his paper with you up to your room making a few copies to keep for yourself. You started highlighting, circling, and underlining anything that matched with the stories and rumors you heard. One particular piece of information that surprised you was the location of the graveyard. There was a fifty percent chance that all of this was fiction, but you were so convinced that this was the place.




You were without a doubt really crazy absolutely stupid and crazy. You tightly clutched onto the straps of your backpack taking a deep breath, staring at the black gates in front. "Alina Cemetery." You said reading the bold prints on the rock wall. You climbed over the fence not having an ounce of fear in you. You pulled out the folded paper from your pocket and flashed your flashlight to read where you should go.

"He sits every night under the purple tree just over the hill..." You searched for this purple tree and the hill that it sits on. Alina Cemetery was the furthest out of the five cemeteries in town. You been here once or twice for volunteer work but everything looked so different at night than it does during the day. You were heading into a darker and higher area of the cemetery. You flashed your light around not seeing this side of the cemetery before. You don’t remember seeing a flower house during your volunteering time.

You gasped covering your mouth. You found it, you really found it; the purple tree over the hill. You quickly ran up the hill and couldn’t help but admire how beautiful it looked. The moonlight shining down on it gave it a blossom glow making it look magical. You took steps closer standing next to the tree and placed your hand on it dumbfounded. You closed your eyes painting a picture of the graveyard boy imagining him standing in the exact same spot you are now. You opened your eyes feeling a sudden cold brush past your shoulders. You felt your mouth get dry and the fear you didn't have earlier finally kicked in. You took a peek passed your shoulder, startled seeing a dark figure from behind.

You were now starting feel terrified. What if it really is the graveyard boy? That would only mean he really does exist and all the rumors and stories were true. You your dry lips forcing your body to turn around. You fumbled with your feet to move, and when you did the only thing you saw were those sharp red eyes staring at you. From where his eyes were you knew he was incredibly tall. Your shaky fingers drop the paper in your hand and scurried to pick it up. Half way coming back up, you paused. His shadow hovered over you and his black boot was where your paper had fallen.

Your body quivered in fear, your knees going weak, and your hands shaking. He took a few steps back surprising you.  You thought he was going to your soul before you had the chance to see his face. You slowly brought yourself back up still unable to lift your head to meet the graveyard boy.

"How did you find this place?" He asked dark and hoarse.

You shook at the depth of his voice and shoved the paper in front of you. Within seconds, he was in front of you again and your heart dropped from being too scared. You felt dizzy and faint. His cold fingers brushed against yours as he took the paper. You held in the screams that were forcing to escape. The graveyard boy was right in front of you and you didn't have the nerves to look at him.

His long fingers traced your chin cupping it and with gentle care he lifted your chin up. Your eyes finally met his, red as blood and sharp as a monster’s. You were stunned by how incredibly beautiful he is; he was more than what you had imagined. His sharp features, long face and well defined cheekbones matched the description on the paper.

For that moment you had lost yourself in him. Was this the charm that seduced all the girls?
He stared into your eyes as you did the same. The feeling of being afraid and scared was gone instead he made you feel warmth and protected. It was like a type of hypnotizing had happened causing you to feel the lingering warmth when really you should be scared to death.

You had no idea what he was. His skin was milky white, his body was fairly lean and tall like how you predicted. He was still mysterious to you, and that made you more curious that before.

"I've been waiting for you," he finally said.

You looked away taking a step back and his hand dropped to his side. You shook your head backing away. The fear sinks into the pit of your stomach, the beat of your heart banged louder.

"A thousand years," he said, "I waited for a thousand years." He waved the paper in his hand.
 

"Y-You wrote that?” You voice was shaky almost unable to catch a breath. A thousand scenarios played in your head, and all you could think of was this was goodbye.

He nodded. "You've finally came, my bride," he said coming towards you. The light shining from the bright moon reflected his skin making him more beautiful than he already is. You found yourself getting into this odd attraction. It was as if all thoughts of escaping or screaming had been erased from your mind. This must be what death from the graveyard boy felt like.

"I...don't understand,” you said. "What are you?"

"I longed for the day a brave woman would come and search for me," he explained. "And now that you have come you are for eternity mine."

You stumbled on your own feet and fell down. He ran to you concerned that the fall might have injured yourself. You had set yourself up. You didn't really think this was true. What have you done to yourself?

"B-But the stories...," You faintly voiced eyes wide open but still no fear was coming. He smiled reaching out a hand. You obliquely took his hand pulling you to your feet. He had just smiled to you.

"They are not true," he said. "I have never drank anyone's soul nor did I have a wife who was a witch."

You stared at him confused. All of this was a lie. You let your curiosity get the best of you knowing it most likely was some dumb rumor. You knew yet you wanted to see it for yourself,

How can someone so beautiful be a monster?

"I'm a demon from the underworld." He hooked his arm around your waist sending waves of chills throughout your body. "I made a promise to never return unless I brought a human with me."

You swallowed your saliva trying to push your way out of his grip. Your muscles were numbed, slowly starting to lose control of your own body. He had taken control; you knew it the moment you found the purple tree and the hill it sits on.

"You were curious about me so you came," he said leaning his face into yours. His cold skin brushed against yours fending lumps of goosebumps onto your skin.

"I admit I was curious but only because I sympathized your lost," you answered. "But now I know it wasn't true."

He noticed the sadness in your voice. If only you knew how much this meant to him for you, a human, to want to find this hideous demon. He let you go and looked away.  "Leave."

"W-what?"


"I said leave!" He growled.

You jumped covering your ears. The warmth had disappeared and was now replaced with fear. You wanted to leave you wanted to run but your legs wouldn't listen. With just one growl the feeling of fear came back and you desperately needed to run. You hated yourself so much right now. Why did you have to notice the hurt and upset look on his face? Why couldn't you just be like all those other girls and stay put? Why did you have to go look for him?!

You really were a stupid girl and you were about to do something even more stupid.

He turned his back on you not wanting to watch when you run off. He should've known it was impossible but you turned that impossible to possible. For the first time in a thousand years, his heart raced and he felt warmth and love. He was just as stupid as you. You slowly moved closer to him hesitating as you inched closer and closer.

You raised your arms in the air shaking from the start as you wrapped your shaking arms around his waist. Your action surprised him, causing him to break from his thoughts. The warmth had returned and you were no longer in fear. You laid your head on his back closing your eyes. He turned his head staring and thinking to himself how perfect this felt to him. He smiled and you felt it. He placed his cold hands in front of yours and soaked in this sentimental moment.

 

 

an: 06.13.2015 - edited and revised a little.