bang yongguk - the boy who fell for the messenger pt.2

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

bang yongguk - the boy who fell for the messenger pt.2

ll (c) demfluffycheeks.tumblr for gif ll

[ prequel ] the story is told in yongguk's pov.

 

 


 

 

I was labeled the luckiest guy in school. Every girl of all ages and level wished i was their boyfriend. There was not a single day i did not receive a confession of some sort. They all were really cute and i appreciate the sincerity they put into each letter, lunch boxes, and gifts. I don't know why they find me to be so attractive when Himchan was the more handsome one.

I never formally rejected any of them because I know they do not really like me for me. If they were to know the real me, and look pass my outer appearance, i wasn't much to look at. They would probably labeled me boring and uninteresting. Of all the words that they say, "handsome" and "you look so cool" was the most common. There is much more to me than just the looks, but i knew none of these girls cared. They only wanted me because i was deemed popular and they could gain some sort of status if they became my girlfriend.

I was nothing more than a statue for these girls to show off and make other girls envious. I hate girls like that.

There was, however, one girl who did the opposite of everyone else. At first, i thought she pretended to not know me because she wanted special attention, but as it turned out she really didn't know me. To be more accurate she didn't even know my name. I wasn't bothered that she didn't know me but there was no way she couldn't have known my name.

Oddly enough, wherever i go my eyes would wonder and without my knowledge they were searching for her. I was oddly intrigued by her and it fascinated me. I found myself thinking about her and whenever i picture her face a smile would appear. I found myself smiling like a fool when i would walk pass her in the hallway and not once did she look my way. She was cutely bouncing to the music she was listening to making everything around her irrelevant.

I never thought i would wish for a day a girl showed no interest in me. For the first time, i was irrelevant in the eyes of a very cute girl. I did think she was a bit arrogant for always caring only about herself as if she didn't give a care in the world. I belatedly learned from Himchan that she has the tendency to daze off and be in her own world. He said she wasn't exactly a 4D but she was 'selective' when it came to what she should care about. I also belatedly found out that my good friend Himchan is her maternal cousin.

I felt like i just hit the jackpot.

Himchan didn't know yet that i developed a crush for her and i wasn't sure if should tell him. He was my source for information but at the same time i don't know if he would be alright with me liking his cousin.

I was careful around Himchan when I asked about her. I managed to know her name and grade. She was a year younger than me and her name was forever engraved into my brain; Kim Harang.

Everything I did and everywhere i go she was always, always on my mind. My eyes followed her whenever it can and when i didn't see her, my mood turned sulky. I never paid attention to the girls around me, but this time i politely rejected their gifts. It wasn't like i ate or read any of them anyways. The food ended up in Himchan's stomach instead. Although i rejected, it didn't stop them from still approaching me from time to time. I tried to distant myself from them and there were several cases when i told them to not waste their time on me because i am not worth the precious time they should spend studying.

I wanted to be free of girls if i wanted to approach Ms. Harang who has no idea i existed. I didn't want the problem of all these girls to hinder my smallest hope of being with her. It was important to me that she wouldn't get hate on because of me. That's the last thing i ever want.

The girls eventually decreased and some started to make their shift from me to Himchan and the rest of the boys. Although i was free of hoarding groups of girls, i still was unable to grasp her attention. I surrendered and told Himchan.

"I already knew," Himchan replied.

Well, i don't know if i should be upset he knew but didn't say anything, or glad that he hasn't tried to kick my .

"You really at pretending you don't like a girl," Himchan pointed. "You literally hounded my cousin with those deep eyes of yours almost as if you were going to attack her with laser eyes." He said demonstrating the intense stares.

I sunk deeper into my seat feeling embarrassed. I didn't realize i had been that obvious. I thought i had played it cool.

"And you're okay with it?" I asked carefully and slowly.

He nodded his head giving me a thumb up. "You're not so bad," he screeched swaying a hand back and forth. "And besides, this will be the first time you have to work for a girl who doesn't know you exist." He grinned. Himchan knew he was going to have fun watching me become a complete mess trying to get her attention.

"Wipe that grin off your face because you are going to help me." I said pointing a finger at him. His grin turned into a pout. Himchan regrets informing me he was related to her. I gave him a teasing smile to show my gratitude.

 

---------------

 

Learning about Harang was probably a bad idea because the more i learned about her the lousy affection i created grew bigger and i found myself falling harder. I haven't even talked to her yet.

"Okay, so unless you are A) a dog, B) an animal of some sort, or C) food, Harang would not care about you."

Geez, thanks a lot Himchan that really boosted my confidence.

"I take it you already know she doesn't know you exist." I nodded my head. Himchan was far from surprised.

"Harang.....gets distracted easily." His face scrunched as he tried to explain the complexities of Harang. "She gets bored easily and tends to zone out a lot. I call it daydreaming but she always argued saying she doesn't daydream," he flung his hand rolling his eyes as he elaborated on her lie.

"So how am i supposed to approach her then?" I asked. This was much more complicated than what i had pictured in my head.

"You don't." Himchan answered pointing a finger at me. I cocked my head in utter confusion completely at a lost. Wasn't the whole idea of this was to help me make myself visible in her world?

"You have to make her approach you." He said holding a hand out to let me know he wasn't done talking. "The only way for her to take notice of you is to get her to approach you. That way you become visible to her and you don't lose the interest she has for you."

Himchan had a really good point. It does seem like if Harang was the one to approach first it would mean she has some sense of interest and that would give me a chance to make myself present in her vision. There was only one problem; how?

 

---------------

 

Himchan lounged around looking here and there waiting for his cousin. He made her promise him she would help him pick out a suit for their family dinner party that was in two days. Truthfully, Himchan had already picked out what he was going to wear, he just needed sometime to ask Harang a few questions regarding a certain someone.

"Himchan?" she called making her way up the stairs and into his room. She peeked inside sticking her tongue at him when she found him being a lazy bum on his bed. "Are you ready to go?" She asked.

He rolled over onto his stomach and shook his head. "I forgot to tell you my mom already picked one for me," he informed forcing a disgusted face to show how dissatisfied he was with it.

Harang shook her head and broke into a smile. She knew how much Himchan dislike his mom forcing him to wear what she picks. She pitied him because Auntie Kim has a very unique taste of fashion. She pulled the desk chair out and took a seat. Harang and Himchan were close since they were kids, but as they grew older they didn't hang out as much. They still talked to one another when given and it was never uncomfortable for the two.

"How long do you think we'll last this time before faking an illness?" He asked laughing.

She sighed just the thought of the dinner party itself bored her already. "I break your leg and you break my arm, so we both won’t be able to go."

"Why do i get the broken leg?" He complained glaring at her. She shrugged which left him with an unanswered question. He cleared his throat changing his position and lied on his side with his elbow against the mattress and his hand supporting his head. "Do you know Bang Yongguk?" He suddenly asked.

She cocked her and pursed her lips and then she shook her head. "Who's that?"

Himchan grinned and it grew wider as he watch her eyebrows narrow knowing she must be wondering. "You will know very soon." He answered.

 

-----------------

 

As it turned out, Himchan had somehow bribed Harang's best friend, Hyeri into this. He believes with the help of Hyeri everything will go as planned.

"Hyeri is Harang's best friend and if Hyeri pretends to have a crush on you that will bring your name and face to her attention."

I scratched my head not so sure how this would play out. "And what happens if it doesn't?"

Himchan smacked his lips and snicker a hiss. "It will. Hyeri even said it will too, so don't underestimate my knowledge of my cousin."

I was 99.9% sure Himchan was taking this too seriously. I didn't think he would contribute so much. He was determined to make it happen and make an unthinkable miracle come true. He did most of the work and the thinking only because he "knows" his cousin well. That's about to be challenged.

 

-----------------

 

It was not my intention to attend Himchan's family dinner party. Himchan said he had something to give me and to meet him at his grandparents’ house. By the time I pulled up to the drive, Grandmother Kim dragged me inside and insist that I stay for the party, even when my attire was not suited. That didn't matter to her and although i tried to politely decline the invitation, grandma Kim had introduced me to about every person i walked by. I spotted Himchan at the corner chatting away and when he looked my way he tipped his glass to me and shot me a mischievous wink.

"Don't run away," Grandma Kim said patting the back of my hand. "or else I'll be very upset."  She lightly threatens. I forced a bright smile assuring her I was going nowhere. When she got her answer she attended to greet the rest of her guests and left me here to attend to myself. I was about to make my way to Himchan when something caught my eye from the other side of the room. I felt my heart race and a subtle smile appeared on my face. She looked beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked radiant and just absolutely stunning in her ivory dress. Himchan did this on purpose to torture me.

"You're welcome," Himchan whispered into my ear. I jumped startled and turned to face the culprit. He had the hugest grin on his face and he pushed me to approach her. Before I could fight him, he had already pushed me four steps towards her. I panicked at how close I was to her. I turned around scurry but Himchan sent me death glares and a silent threat. I turned back around and inhaled a heavy breath before sighing.

I lost her. She was no longer in sight and I sulked in my lack of action. Himchan was long gone, well more like hiding somewhere and spying on me. I guess it wasn't so bad with so much people around it would be less embarrassing. I went to go look for her and I started my search on the balcony. It was chilly tonight and it was soothing to me. I spotted her near the door and I pucker up the courage to approach her. I squeezed in between the crowd excusing myself as I kept my eyes on her in case she magically disappeared again. I was getting closer and each step I took I felt my legs get weak and my heart jump. My face was burning and the pit of my stomach turned.

I reached a hand out to tap her shoulder but was interrupted. "You have to kiss."  Someone said from behind. I turned bewildered. She didn't seem to hear. The rather jolly stranger pointed to the top and my eyes followed to where he was pointing at. It was mistletoe. My cheeks turned red and I blushed at the thought of kissing her lips. She finally turned around and her eyes went straight to the mistletoe. "Harang you know the rules." I assumed it was one of her relatives who was pestering us to kiss, not that I’m complaining of any sort,

She finally turned and saw me. Her eyes looked drowsy and she smiled leaning her head forward. I was hesitate but took the chance and kissed her.

 

 

-------------

 

After that night, I was hoping that would be a good enough of an action to catch her attention but it changed absolutely nothing. I was still invisible to her. Luckily, it seemed Himchan's plan seemed to work because two days later, Harang was playing the messenger for her best friend. Hyeri was the gold winner here. She played an important role of faking a crush on me and begging her adorable best friend to court me.

She was absolutely adorable when she hid her face each time she bombarded me with a love letter. She was definitely different from the rest. She never waited for a response or said anything. She was like a cute ninja appearing when needed and mysteriously left without a word. It went on for a week and I knew it worked when Himchan told me she came to ask for my schedule and locker. The smile on my face could not even begin to express how happy I was. She was the one who came to ask about me, she did that because she had an ounce of interest in me. I finally caught her attention.

I must have caught her attention enough to send me a very cute and light-hearted threat. If anything, the yellow sticky note and the smiley face was nothing threatening like at all. If only she could see how adorable and cute she is. I think i need a spare heart because this girl is oblivious to the way she makes me feel. My heart is already hers and she doesn't even know it.

"You didn’t know?"

"Know what?" She asked.

"That Yongguk likes you?" She shook her head. That thought never crossed her mind. My name never crossed her mind until Hyeri told her she liked me.

She patted Harang head. "My little rabbit you really do daze out everything around you don't you?" Harang pushed her hand away and pouted to show her how upset she was at her, but she laughed it off and gave Harang a hug. "My work here is done." She said taking her leave. "Don't screw it up." She said before she left us alone in the classroom.

I was nervous. There was no way for me to mess this up, not after the hard work Himchan and Hyeri did. Everything was really a blur to me. I was trying desperately hard to keep it together and not melt at the sight of her. Her voice was everything I dreamt of. It was melody to my ear and to hear the unsure in her voice broke me. I gave myself a push and decided to refresh her memory by demonstrating the first time we met each other.

It was a brave move and I regret nothing. Her lips were soft and I tasted a hint of chaste. She smelled glorious and she tasted even better. I might have gotten a little over my head when I cupped her face and deepened the kiss. I finally broke away and she was gasping for air. I soothed her breathes with soft kisses and when she said she remembered me I was on cloud nine. She became mine and I became hers.

 

THE END.

 

 


 

Author's note: I decided to write a prequel to this since a short few of the readers wanted one, & i'm happy to say I really liked it. I'm thinking about going back and writing a few sequels to some of the oneshots that a lot of the readers have been asking for. I know there is one in particular that I get asked on a lot to write a sequel and it's the Kai one CHAPTER 47. I will consider it but I haven't made up my mind how i actually want it to end. I am in the process of writing a sequel to Luhan's Wolf boy that is CHAPTER 43&44. I am thinking of making an extension to the sequel. anyways, to those who wanted a prequel to the bangyongguk one i hope this lived up to your expectation. thanks so much for reading <3