ZELO - Best Friends

A COLLECTION OF ONESHOTS - scenarios & imagines

 

 

ZELO - Best Friends   

ll zelo edit ©sukanos@tumblr ll

 




 

 

~ 10 years old Junhong and Blue~



“Blue you have to promise me that you’ll always be my Blue,” said a little Junhong extending his pinky out to the little girl.

The little girl wrinkled her nose un-amused at his declaration. “But Oppa why do I have to be your blue?”

He stuttered for a reason, “B-Because you’re my best friend!”

 The little girl combed her doll’s hair giggling at a flustered Junhong. “My mom said that when Oppa and I grow up we might not be with each other a lot anymore.”

Junhong stomped his foot loudly. “I would never leave you Blue!” He raised his fist into the dry air. She laughed at his silly tan tic. He always knew how to put a smile on her face. Junhong bent down next to her and stuck his pinky out again.

“We’ll be the best-est of friends,” he said.

“Really?”

He nods his head. “Really, even in middle school!”

She laughs and set her doll to a side. “Oppa you’re the best-est friend I have.”  She stuck her pink out and wrapped it around his as they brought both their thumbs to kiss.

“I’ll be your friend even when you’re old and smelly.” He teased. She pushed him and he pretended to fall to the ground. “Me too,” She said

 

 

 

 


~ 17 years old Zelo and Blue~

 



"Hey bestie~" cooed the tall boy.

Blue's mouth curled up sticking her tongue at him. He pouted upon seeing her greeting and plot in the seat next to her.

"Are you gonna go to the skateboard rink with me?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Why?"

She points to her opened textbook and he smacked his lips. "Blue~" he whines.

He knew that once he starts whining she'll give in. She ignored him putting her concentration back to her textbook. "Blue~" he tried again.


She gave him no answer as she had her eyes on her homework. Zelo gave her a glare and bent his head down so he can look at her. She ignored whatever it was he was trying to do. He waved a hand in front of her face, and she closed her eyes irritated.

"Junhong stop." She said.


He stupidly smiled knowing he has her attention. "You're not going to watch me practice? I'm entering the contest." He confessed kicking his feet against the cement. He knew Blue doesn’t have much interest in activities that isn’t relate to school, yet he wanted his best friend to be there. Her head jotted up and remembered something about a skateboard contest. He was so excited rambling on about the contest.

She heaved a low sigh contemplating her choice. She couldn't miss her best friend's first skateboard contest. Blue knew how much Junhong enjoyed skateboarding and how serious he was about learning new tricks.

"So, you'll be there?" He fluttered his eyelashes.

She smiled and nods her head. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't go?"

"Best friend." He corrected with a smile.

Junhong went by another name, Zelo. He earned that name from his seniors because of his earnest and persistent attitude towards training in skateboarding. She rarely calls him that. She knew him as Junhong and she was the only one who called him that. Everyone else knows him by Zelo, but she liked that it was 'their' thing. He always did have others address him as Zelo.


Blue walked home alone today since Junhong wanted to practice for his upcoming contest. She wished him good luck and he promised to text her when he was done.

"Blue honey you're home." Her mom said. She ran over to give her parents a hug and they lead her to the family diner room.

"Sweetie, we have something we need to talk to you about." Her dad said. Blue's smile faded and she felt a knot in her stomach tensed.


"Blue, darling, I've been given the opportunity to move up in my firm." Her dad said, "I've been promoted to vice-president of the company."


Blue gasped covering surprised. "Oh that's such good news daddy!"

His smile was uneasy and Blue was getting worried. "The only problem is that I have to re-locate to another country."

Blue's face darkened understanding what her dad meant. "We're going to have to move to the States Blue." Her dad said slowly.


She dropped her head devastated. If she moves to the States that means she won't be able to see Junhong anymore. She couldn’t hide the tears forming in her eyes. Her dad immediately hugged her and apologized. There was nothing he could do about the re-location as it came with the job. He hated to see his little princess cry.


"When are we leaving?" Blue asked in midst of the silence wiping hear tears. Her dad looked at her mom and her mom gently rubbed Blue's back. "In about three weeks." Her mom said.

Blue sniffed and closed her eyes as she cried even harder in her dad's arm. Three weeks was too fast. How is she supposed to tell Junhong that she's moving? Three weeks isn't enough for her to spend time with Junhong. Three weeks isn't enough for her to sort out her feelings.

She spent the remainder of the night crying. She didn't know how to tell Junhong. She didn't know if this was going to be the last time she would see him; the thought of her never being able to see Junhong, hear his lame jokes and just to be with him pained her so much. They've always been together since little and never would she have thought this would be what tears them apart. She doesn’t know if she'll be okay without her best friend.

She woke the next morning with swollen eyes. She took a deep breathe remembering the conversation she had with her parents last night. She rubbed her temples frustrated and annoyed. She reached for her phone on her night stand. She had an unread text and it was from none other than Junhong. She panicked knowing he'd ask why her eyes are swollen and why she didn't text him back. She'll think of something to say.

Junhong was already outside her house waiting for her. He had his skate board by his foot rolling it back and forth as he waited. Blue took one more deep breathe, straighten her jacket and opened the front door. She was greeted by his back and his foot playing with his skate board. He heard the door open and he turned his head to his best friend. He smiled happy to see her but he noticed something was wrong. He hit the end of his board with his foot flipping it up as he caught it in his hand and skipped to Blue.


She tried to hide her face with her hair but Junhong had already seen it.
"Why is your eyes so swollen?" He asked brushing her hair away from her face. "I texted you last night," He added.

She gently pushed his hand away. "Don't make fun of me." She warned. "I was watching a sad movie last night." She lied.

He squint his eyes shaking his head. "Didn't I tell you those sad movies are no good?" He said wagging his finger at her. "Now you look like a monster." He teased. She extended a hand to pinch his cheeks but he was too tall. He laughed at her failed attempt and rummaged her hair. "C'mon shorty! We're going to be late for school."

Blue was lucky he didn't ask any more questions. She was happy her white lie worked even though she felt bad lying to him.

 

She spent most of the day at school spaced out. Blue wasn't one to space out in class, she was a delinquent and responsible student; however, with the news she received last night from her parents, she couldn't concentrate on anything.


She mentally argued with herself. She doesn't know how to tell Junhong. Just this morning, when she saw him she fought the urge to cry because she knew the clock was ticking and she won't be able to see him anymore. How is it that all these times Blue's now releasing how much Junhong really means to her? There were many times Blue secretly liked Junhong, but she pushed aside her feelings. She doesn't have a clear reason why, maybe it's because he always knew how to make her laugh or is it the side of him that only she knew of.


There were times she wanted to knock him in the head because after all he is a boy and he does like to mess around a lot, especially to Blue. He’s a very hyper and active boy, but sometimes his playing gets a bit too physical for Blue to handle. That still doesn't stop them from play fighting though.

During lunch time, Blue went to search for Junhong. She found them skating at the back of the school. She doesn't usually hang out with him and his friends, but she had to make every minute count.

His friend poked him and pointed in the direction Blue was coming. He turned his head surprised to see her. He said something to his friends and ran to meet her half way.

"Hey! This is a surprise." He said flipping his hair away from his eyes. She smiled giving him a light punch. "I wanted to watch you practice." She replied, "Unless you don't want me to?" She said turning her heels put Junhong grabbed hold of her arm shaking his head.


She sat on the bench and watched Junhong and his friends skate. She cringed every time he attempted a trick. She clenched her teeth tightly together hoping he wouldn’t hurt himself. She didn't realize that skateboarding was such a dangerous sport. She always thought he looked cool riding it, but now when she paid close attention to it, it was dangerous. Blue started to notice the little things like that bruise on his knee and the way he wrinkled his nose, rummaging his hair in frustration when he couldn't do a certain trick. She smiled knowing he wouldn't give up until he got it down. He was persistent when it came to skateboarding.

Junhong laughed at his silly mistake and his friends for doing it on purpose. His drive to practice harder all the while looking cool, boosted when his best friend wanted to watch him practice. He knew Blue wasn't into sports as much; she rather read a book instead. He was happy she was there watching him and he hoped he didn't make it too obvious.

Blue wanted nothing more but to spend as much time as she can with Junhong. Every minute and every moment spent together meant so much to her.  She wanted to do everything with him even the simplest things like going to the mall or just out for some ice cream. She’s really going all out to make sure she’ll have all these memories to take with her when she leaves.

 

 

“Don’t you have,” he paused, “One of your academic clubs after school today?” He asked as they walked side by side to a nearby market. Blue lightly shook her head.

“It got cancelled.” She lied and walked ahead of him to avoid any more questions. She quickly entered the market and went straight to the frozen section. She grabbed the flavor of ice cream she wanted and skipped passed Junhong, but of course not before thanking him for the treat. He laughed pulling money out from his pocket and paid the cashier before he followed shortly behind her.

He walked her home in silence as they enjoyed their ice cream. Even if they walked like this in silence it meant so much to her, and that’s what she liked about Junhong. They didn’t have to always be talking to have a good time or to know that they both cared for one another a lot.

“When is the skate board contest again?”

"Next week,” he answered eating the last of his ice cream.

 

 

 

 

Blue thought about it and no matter what conclusion she came with she couldn’t tell Junhong she was moving far away. Her days were getting shorter as each day passed by quickly before her eyes. She hasn’t been her best in class, and she often found herself wandering off into space. She hasn’t touched a single book since the day her dad told her of their suddenly move. She’s been ditching her academic clubs so that she could spend more time with Junhong. No one knew she was moving away.

She stayed every day after school for the past week watching Junhong and his friends practice for the upcoming skateboard competition. She even took pictures of him with her phone to keep for memory. She liked the ones where she caught him smiling; those were her most favorite ones. She likes it when he smiles because it lets her know that he’ll be okay when she isn’t here anymore. She knows she doesn’t have much time left and so she has made her decision.

She sat among the crowds cheering for her best friend. She screamed as loud as she could when it was his turn. She quickly brought out her phone and started to record him. She watched as he gracefully performed his tricks that he had been practicing for, for days. She was the most happiest when she was with Junhong, and seeing how he has a lot of other friends it made her feel safe that he’ll be okay after she tells him. 

At first, Blue was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to see him anymore, but now she cared more for how he would feel. She didn’t want Junhong to be alone and sad, because even if he doesn’t show it Blue always knew there was something wrong with him.

 

He landed perfectly on his last stunt and Blue jumped up and down waving frantically at her best friend. She was so proud of him. He is a strong young man and she knows he’ll be fine.

She just knows it.

Blue squeezed into the crowd trying to find her way to Junhong. She apologized plenty of times bumping into people to get to her best friend. She finally got through and Junhong gave her one of the biggest smiles she’s seen. She ran to him and gave him a hug.

“You were so amazing!” She applauded patting his back. He had his skateboard in his arm as they waited for the winners to be announced. Blue knew he was nervous, very nervous. She reached for his hand and entwined hers with his. He looked at her a bit surprised and she smiled squeezing his hand to let him know that she is just as anxious as he is.

 

 

 

 

Junhong happily carried his second prize trophy in his arm. He wasn’t disappointed that he didn’t get first place there was always a next time for that. He was just really happy that Blue was there by his side when he was anxiously waiting for the winners to be announced. Blue told Junhong to pose with his trophy as she took a picture, and he happily did so as he tried eating the trophy. She laughed at his silliness and snapped the picture. She checked the picture to make sure it was okay and she suddenly lost herself. She was staring at the picture and a thought came across her mind. Tonight was the night she’s supposed to tell him. She shook the thought away and dragged Junhong to a nearby park that they used to go to when they were little.

Blue ran for the better swing as Junhong slowly followed behind. She pushed herself extending her legs in the air to make her swing higher. Junhong placed his skateboard and trophy on the wooden benched and joined in on the fun. She giggled to herself when she felt butterflies in her stomach when she went higher.

Junhong liked it when she laughs, especially like this. He likes the way her eyes twinkle when she hides under her laugh.

Blue slowed her pace and soon her swing came to a full stop. Junhong was barely lifted off the floor his long legs dragged itself across the wooden chips. She took a deep breath. Her stomach was turning as she rehearsed what she was going to say. She felt sick just thinking about it, but she has to tell him because he is her best friend and best friends don’t hide things from one another.

“Junhong ah,” she called. The tall boy sitting on the swing next to her turned his head to her. “I have something I need to tell you.” She said as her voice began to lower.

He shifted in the swing at the tone of her voice. “I’m…moving.” She said lowly.

Junhong blinked his eyes extending his neck not quite catching what that meant. “I’m moving to America.” She finally said meeting eye to eye with Junhong.

His pupils enlarged as the words moving and America ringed in his ear. His best friend is moving to America a place where he won’t be able to see her again. Junhong momentarily froze and didn’t move. Blue was worried and placed a hand on his shoulder shaking him. He seemed to have wakened as it hit him that this wasn’t a dream.

“W-Why are you moving?” He asked knowing he didn’t want to hear the answer to it, but he asked anyways.

“My dad got promoted as vice-president of the company but he would have to work for the firm in America.” Junhong felt his hands tensed around the metal handles on the swing. He felt a clog come up to his throat and he wasn’t sure if he was breathing. He was sure in that split second he was shocked, sad, and now angry.

“Is this why you’ve been ditching your academic clubs?” He suddenly questioned. Blue was startled that he had noticed that. “You spaced out in class and spent every day for the past week watching me practice skateboard,” he said to himself.

“I-I’m sorry.” She quickly said.

Junhong got up from the swing and walked towards the wooden bench. “Why Blue?” He suddenly shouted. “Why would you do that? You think I didn’t know? You love school and you wasted a whole week spending it on me.” He turned to face her with angry eyes.

She scurried to her feet to defend her actions, but Junhong would let her speak. “All the years I’ve known you, you’ve never once spaced out in class. Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

Blue was afraid and she was quivering. Her lips shiver as her eyes had already been filled with tears. She took a weak step forward to Junhong. “I was afraid that this might be the last time I ever get to see you again. I wanted to spend every minute with you.” She confessed as the tears fell one after another.

Junhong angrily walked up to her and pulled her into a tight hug. She sobbed into his shirt still trying to explain. “You’re my best friend and someone who’s really important to me. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

Junhong rubbed her back and shushed her. He hugged her tighter as he knew that this meant this would be the last time he gets to see her as well. He was hurting too, how is he supposed to be happy without his best friend? Blue wasn’t just anyone, she’s the person he loves; he’s loved her since they were little kids, but he was always afraid to tell her because he didn’t want to jeopardized their friendship.

“I just wanted to see you happy because I wanted the memories of you to be happy and not of sadness.” She wrapped her arms around his waist trying to stop the tears.

He pulled her away from the hug and lifted her chin up so that he could see her face. Her eyes still sparkled despite them now red from crying. Her face was still beautiful despite it becoming swollen now. He wiped away the tears with the bridge of his thumb and caressed her face.

“Didn’t I tell you that you’re forever my Blue?” He said earning a laugh from her. She used the back of her hand to wipe away the tears. He cupped her face bringing it up as he lowered his head down.

Junhong is only Junhong if his Blue is here.” He brought his lips to hers and he felt a tingle run down his spine the moment his lips touched hers. Her lips were soft and tasted sweeter than any candy he has ever eaten. He slowly pulled away his hands still cupping her face and peeked a look at her. Her eyes were still closed and he knew the moment she opened them she would cry again. She did eventually open her eyes and as he predicted she was crying. She bit the bottom of her lip trying to hold back the cries that wants to escape from .

And Blue is only Blue if her Junhong is here.” She mumbled covering her face. He pulled her into his embrace once again and this time she didn’t cry alone.