CHAPTER 73

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 73~

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. I can see a girl wearing her uniform getting ready to finish another chapter of her life. 

“Today is the day.” I smiled and kissed my parent's picture frame. “I’ll be an 11th grader, umma, appa.After that, I'll be a 12th grader... then a university student” I grinned and arranged myself again.

I opened the door and saw the guardians waiting for me. Kai, Sehun, Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, Tao and D.O. were also wearing their uniform. Even their hairs were styled.

Suho smiled at me warmly and welcomed me to a hug which I gladly accept. “Congratulations, Hana.” His voice echoed in my ear.

“Thank you, oppa.” I rubbed his back and patted his shoulder.

As soon as he released me, Kai swung his arm around my neck. He grinned. “Let’s go and get our awards.”

“Do you have one?” I asked him making him frown.

“Of course I have!” He pouted and then I flicked his forehead. “Stop pouting!” I giggled.

“You didn’t forget Tao, didn’t you?” I heard Xiumin asked him. I turned and blinked.

“What did he not forgot?” I asked. Xiumin and Tao looked at me and shook their heads.

“It’s nothing.” Chanyeol replied and went beside me. “We’re going to be late if we don’t go.”

I eyed them suspiciously before I nodded.  Sehun just shook his head in dismay when he passed by the two.

 

“Park Hana!” Ahjussi called my name and I entered the stage. While smiling, I accepted my golden medal and shook his hand. BEST IN MATHEMATICS.

“Congratulations, dear.” He said and we hugged each other. The audience gasped. They didn’t know how close we were.

“Thank you, Ahjussi.” I smiled at him and bowed.

We finished 10th grade with flying colors. The guardians, Daeji, Rian, Haesung, Yoonmi and I stood on the stage after the awarding ceremony. We were going to take a group picture. Fortunately, a photographer was there to do the act.

I was sitting in between Daeji and Kai. Suho-oppa was behind Rian. The other guardians were behind us. Rian looked up at Suho and smiled painfully at him. She reached for his hand and placed it on her cheek. Suho swallowed hard and refrained himself from crying.

Kai held my hand so I looked at him and grinned. He smiled warmly at me. “We have a gift for you at home” He whispered.

“Really?” I eyed him weirdly. “Then, let’s open it together.” I said.

He shook his head. “We can’t. We’re going somewhere after this.” He pointed out and I understood.

“Smile.”The photographer ordered and we did as told. We smiled at the camera.

 

The guardians and I parted ways. Though before that happened, I could feel something was off. Each of them gave me a hug. “Guys, it’s not like you’re going to leave, right?” I joked and they looked at each other.

I furrowed my brows. “Of course, we’re not. Silly.” Chanyeol chuckled and messed my hair. “You should go home now and open your gift.” He said.

I nodded and waved at them. “See ya~” I watched their retreating backs.

When I turned, I saw Daeji, Rian and Yoonmi looking at me. They had a pained expression. “Why do the three of you look like you lost the lottery?” I raised a brow and placed a hand on my waist.

Daeji swallowed hard. “I-I should go.” She turned and left. I quizzically looked at Rian and Yoonmi. “W-We should go, too.” They nodded and left.

“What?” I was left alone. I placed my hand in front of my chest. “Why do I suddenly feel like I lost something?”

I slowly walked towards the apartment complex. The sky was covered with gray clouds. I don’t know if it will rain or if it will snow.

I was going to enter my place when Mr. Kang walked towards me. “Annyeong, Mr. Kang.”

He smiled. “Congratulations, Hana. I see you have a gold medal.” He patted my shoulder and I grinned. “By the way, someone left this for you.” He handed me an envelope. I bowed and thanked him.

I heard the droplets of rain and smelled the scent of the wet land. “Ahh....” I sighed and entered my apartment.

My heart became heavy when all I saw was the colorless living room. “Why did everything became so quiet?” I pursed my lips and went to my bedroom to change.

I stopped on my tracks when I saw a red box on top of my bed. I tilted my head and approached it.

 

“To: Hana

Congratulations!

From: Guardians”

 

I smiled and untangled the red ribbon. My eyes widened when I saw what’s inside. It was a snow globe. A statute of a girl was inside and surrounding her were symbols. A smile broke into my face when I realized that it was me at the center. “Thanks, everyone.” A tear fell on my cheek when I hugged the snow globe.

 

Seo In Guk-brokenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i2MYeWQg-cw

 

The rain poured harder this time. My gaze landed on the envelope that I received. I decided to see what’s inside. It was from the guardians again. “Just how many times are they goin-“

My smile fell when I read the entire letter. “N-No.” The letter fell from my hands and I stepped back. My hands covered my mouth. *No.*

I quickly turned and ran outside my apartment. I knocked on Suho-oppa’s apartment. “Oppa?!Kai?!” I knocked again. “They said they’re going somewhere, they must have not returned, r-right?” My hands were trembling as I eyed the door. Something tells me I should go look for myself.

I teleported inside and went to their bedroom. I hesitantly walked towards their closet. My hand gripped on the handle. “Please tell me that this is just a prank.” I closed my eyes and opened the drawer. My heart fell when I opened them.

Gone.

I looked inside their cabinets.

Gone.

Everything was gone.

I teleported to the others’ apartments.

Gone.Gone.Gone.

I fell on my knees and leaned my hands on the floor. “Where are you?!” I asked but only silence replied.

I stood up and ran outside the apartment. “I need to find you.”

 

Dear Hana,

          The moment you read this, we’ve already left....

 

I bit my lip and didn’t care if I’m soaked or what. “You can’t do this to me”

       

   We need to leave because we have somewhere we need to go.

 

I tripped and bruised my knee. I winced in pain but didn’t stop. I clenched my hands until they turned white. “You can’t leave me...” I said with shaky voice. I slowly stood up and ran. “Where are all of you?!” I screamed. People were giving me looks but I didn’t care what they think of me. “Where are you?” My voice lost its strength.

         

          We love you and we promise we’ll return.

          You brought us joy when you said that we’re part of those best days of yours. Thank you for accepting us.

 

I gritted my teeth. “C-come back....” I slowly treaded a path. My eyes was blurry and I didn’t know where I was going.  “..Kai...Suho-oppa...” I stared at the sky without stopping. “Luhan...Sehun..Chanyeol...” Tears fell continuously. I was already trembling because of the cold. “D.O... Xiumin..Chen, Tao...” I sobbed harder.

“I don’t understand. We were so happy yesterday. Why did you have to leave me?” I fell on my knees. “Why?”

 

          P.S. Please stop crying. We know you are right now. We love you. Please don’t forget that.

 

My heart was being crushed to pieces again. When I looked at what’s in front of me, I was stopped.  “Kris, why did all of you leave me?” I stared at his grave. I closed my eyes and remembered the looks on their faces. *The girls knew...* I bit my lip. *So that’s why, Rian’s eyes were swollen.*

Last time I was here in front of your grave, they were waiting for me. Now, when I look back... there’s no one. The rain didn’t stop crying with me.

“You’re so unfair.” I sighed with a shaky breath.

“Next time, I’ll be the one who will leave so all of you will know how it hurts.” I muttered and sobbed.

 

 

 

It was already night when I returned to my place. I was surprised when I saw Rian, Yoonmi and Daeji standing in front of my place.

They looked at me and I saw their frown. I smiled and stretched my arms. “I’m still alive!” I joked but then my act was easily destroyed. My smile fell and tears began to fall again.

“Hana..”They ran towards me and hugged me tight. I closed my eyes and tried to feel their comfort. The four of us cried in the hallways.

 

“What are we going to do now that they’re gone?” Yoonmi weakly pushed Rian. She shrugged and hugged the pillow then buried her face.

“I’ll miss that smiling idiot.” She said.

“I’ll miss that cooking derp.” Daeji sighed and nudged me. “What about you, who will you miss?”

I slowly turned to them. I was watching the clouds outside. “All of them...”

We were already sitting on my couch in the living room. It felt like our life energy was drained.

“Are you hungry?” I asked them but they shook their heads. “Guess we’re the same.”

“How are we going to survive now?” Yoonmi asked making Rian threw her pillow at her.

“Yah! It’s not like we can’t survive if they’re not here. We existed even before we knew them!”

I nodded. “She’s right. We can survive.” *But I just don’t know if I’ll survive each day without shedding a tear.* I let out a sigh.

“They promised they’ll return right?” Daeji looked at me. I shrugged.

“I don’t want to put my hopes up.” *Been there. Done that.*

“I believe in them.” Rian muttered. “They promised.” She looked at me but I looked away.

 

*Promises are meant to be broken.*