CHAPTER 29

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 29~

"Are you really my enemy?"

 

10:10 am.

Sehun, Luhan, Jiyoung and I were following the trail on the land after the bridge.

There was no one talking. *This must be the silent group in all SIA.* I frowned. Luhan placed his left hands on the space beside him. We all stopped.

“Sehun where is the box?” He whispered to Sehun who was on his right. I heard him but I don’t think Jiyoung heard them.

*You gotta be kidding me! How would he know when-* I took a step in front but suddenly...

Sehun went ahead of me then closed his eyes. The wind started to make the trees sway from side to side.

“It is there.” He pointed to the hole on the a big tree.

I ran towards the tree and saw a box with red ribbon on it. “You gotta be kidding me!” I grabbed it and quickly placed it in my bag. *Did he used his powers?!* I turned to Sehun who just smirked.

“Let’s get out of here.” Luhan turned around and saw Jiyoung blocking the path. She was looking down.

“Get out of the way.” Sehun told her.

Jiyoung looked up and smirked. Her glasses reflected the sun’s rays.

“Ji-Jiyoung?” I tilted my head. I tried to approach her but Luhan stopped me.

“She’s one of them.” Luhan looked serious.

I glanced at Jiyoung. “Wh-what do you mean?”

Jiyoung slid the knives from her sleeves to her hands. “Prepare to die.... Hana.” She smirked and then she disappeared in a glimpse.

“Tsk. She’s fast.” Sehun stretched his neck from side to side.

I stepped back. “What’s going on?!” My hands were trembling.

Luhan and Sehun were eyeing the surroundings. Suddenly, something slashed my arm. “Arghh!” I screamed in pain. Blood was coming out from my wound.

Someone laughed from my back. When I turned around, she disappeared.

“I was not going to join this absurd game. But, I’ve got no other choice because you made me do it.” Jiyoung’s voice filled the atmosphere. I gripped my arm so blood won’t continuously come out.

“What do you mean?! I thought we’re friends!” I shouted towards everywhere.

“You actually believed we’re friends!” She laughed. Sehun closed his eyes then when he opened it, it glowed green.

The wind started to fill the entire place. It was slashing from here and there. It was hard for me to walk since Sehun was using a great amount of power.

Suddenly, Sehun sensed a movement on the right side. He turned that way then he stretched his arm to the right. The wind moved towards it with  a great amount of speed.

“Ahh!!” Jiyoung fell from the tree. She was lying on the ground.

“Jiyoung!” I ran towards her but a hand grabbed my hand. I twitched.

“Do you want to die?! She’s an assassin!” Luhan shouted at me.

*Aren’t you also supposed to be my enemy?* I was confused with everything right now. Luhan’s shoulder fell. I shoved him.

“She’s my friend!” I ran towards Jiyoung. She was trying to stand up.

I was near to her when suddenly out of nowhere, a group of people appeared around her. A guy wearing black shades appeared behind her. His hands were supporting her arms. The other people were pointing their guns at me.

Jiyoung smirked as she and the guy escaped. “I’ll get back to you.” Before she completely disappeared, she looked to the guy behind me. She looked at Luhan.

“Jiyoung!” I called out for where but she was gone. The other 5 people started clicking their guns and started shooting. “Omo!” I stepped back. *They’re gonna shoot me!*

I closed my eyes when I heard the trigger being pulled. *I don’t want to die.*

Luhan placed his hands in front then he focused on the bullets coming out of the guns. His eyes turned into a shade of dark pink. His forehead was sweating. The bullets that came out from their guns looked like it was being repelled.

Luhan moved his shoulders and arms backward to create a huge force. With a single blow, the bullets went straight ahead to the 5 people.

Luhan tried to catch his breath. He didn’t plan to use a medium amount of his power.

“Hyung.” Sehun stood beside him and helped to get up.

When I opened my eyes, I touched my stomach and legs. “I’m alive?” I turned towards Sehun and Luhan. I saw Sehun helping him to stand up. I turned to my back and I saw the 5 people dead.

“Omo..” I crawled backwards and stood up. *Did he kill them?!* I was scared. Thump. Thump. Thump. I remembered that they also wanted to kill me. Luhan can kill those people and I am no different from them. While gripping on my wound, I started to run away towards a somewhere direction.

“Kris.... Kai.. guys. Please..” I ran as fast as I can. Thump. Thump. Thump.

I couldn’t think straight when I remembered Jiyoung and Luhan. My arm was bleeding again. “Ugh.” I ended up in a place with mid-tall grass. I turned around and there were trees covering the place. I turned around.

Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart started to beat hardly. “Somebody..” I could hear my breath. I fell on my knees.

“Hana!” I can hear Luhan’s voice calling my name. “Hana!” I can see him running towards me with Sehun beside him.

*I'm confused..*

 

“Why? Did you come to kill me now?” I asked him weakly. Thump. Thump. He bent his knees then he tore the lower part of his shirt and tied it on my wound. *It hurts.*

“Let’s get out of here. This place is too dangerous.” Luhan lifted me on his back. As he stood up, I could see Sehun having a blank expression.

“Are you really my enemy?” I asked him. Thump. Thump. Thump.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t answer that.” Luhan started to make a step.

 

We’re going to leave but suddenly the assassins came and surrounded the whole area.

“I hate this.” Luhan was already sweating. Sehun narrowed his eyes as he observed the assassins. There were like hundreds of them and they had guns.

“I’m scared...” I gripped my hands firmly while it was hanging on his neck. Thump. Thump. *I need to teleport the three of us.* My heart was aching and my head began to hurt. *Did I lose too much blood? I shouldn’t be thinking about myself. I should teleport us out of here.* Thump. Thump. Thump.

“Didn’t we tell you to back off?!” Luhan shouted. The assassins started to prepare for shooting.

“Hand her over to us.” A guy wearing bulletproof vest on his chest, arms and legs shouted.

Luhan and Sehun stepped back. The assassins started to position themselves.

“The boss gave us the orders to kill you if you don’t give her to us.” The guys spoke again.

*Luhan knows these guys?*

“Yes.” Luhan talked as if he answered the question I asked in my mind.

*Omo. Are you planning to give me to them?* I tightened my grip.

“Ani.” He tightened his grip below my knees.

*I knew it. He can read my mind. That explain everything.* *Thank you, Luhan.* I felt relieved but suddenly... “Ugh!”

 My heart began to beat hardly again. “What’s wrong with me?" asdfghjkl!!!. "It’s painful..”

Luhan turned his face to the right. “What’s wrong?”

“M-My heart...” My hands began to tremble.

I could hear lots of sounds approaching to this area. Everything was fast and blurry. I felt hands touching my shoulder. I turned around but I saw no one. But I could still feel warm hands on my shoulders.

My heart beat faster. I felt something moved closer to my ear. “Scream.” An audible voice whispered. It was a woman’s voice. "Scream it all out, Hana." I felt like doing what she asked me.

I gathered my strength while my hand was on top of my chest. “Luhan, please put me down and I ask the both of you to cover your ears.” Luhan turned to me but he hesitated at first. I gave him an assuring look and then he nodded. He put me down then he instructed Sehun to cover their ears. Sehun gave him "are-we-reallly-going-to-do-this" look.

"Let's give it a shot. She's the maiden after all." Luhan weakly smiled then he covered his ears. Sehun followed.

Thump. Thump. Thump. I clenched my fist then inhaled a large amount of air. *Here goes nothing. Pain please come out.* . I screamed. “AAAAHHHH!!

The wind blew fast from my back towards the front. The assassins unwillingly released their weapons and covered the ears. The wind started to push them away. But they didn’t moved from their ground. I stopped screaming.

 

I was panting but I felt much better. Out of nowhere, the two assassins from my left fell on the ground. I think they were dead. Another two assassins standing beside the first ones fell on the ground.

“What the-!” An assassin shouted. They reached for their guns but Luhan moved all of it away. He threw it to the farthest side.

My hands were on my knees while I was observing the killings. I swear I could see a figure moved fast. “Is that a girl?”

The assassins had no choice but to their knives and electric rods. They started running towards me.

Suddenly, two arms appeared before me. I saw Kai and D.O.

“What is D.O. doing here?!” I was confused. *Why would Kai bring a human in this place?*

“I heard your scream for help, maiden.” D.O. turned to me and smirked. Kai grinned. “I’m D.O. Your strongest guardian.

“Mwo?!” *Did he just tell me that he’s a guardian?!*

Kai tapped D.O.’s shoulder and nodded towards the assassins in front. D.O. left out a sigh.

An assassin was approaching him. D.O. ran towards the assassin and give it a punch on the stomach. The assassin flew towards the trees. It was like who-knows-what meters away.

“Omo! Did he just do that?!” I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that he was also a guardian.

“I’m going to kill you!” I heard someone yelled behind me. I turned then I saw Sehun tilted his head and made a slash attack with his arm. Suddenly, the wind attacked the guy and he received a big cut.

“Th-Thanks.” I smiled awkwardly at him.

“I was not saving you...... I’m just sparing you for later.” Sehun hissed.

I heard something fell on the ground.

“Hyung!” I turned and I saw Sehun holding the unconscious Luhan.

“Omo! What happened?! Luhan!” I approached and kneeled on the ground. I touched his face. “It’s cold but he’s sweating.”

“Hyung! Hyung!” Sehun became agitated.

“What to do? What to do?!” I panicked.

“Let me handle this.” Someone sat beside me.

“Lay!” I felt relieved. “How did you end up here?!”

“I just heard your call for help.” He smiled as he placed his hands over Luhan. A yellow warm light appeared and it was covering Luhan’s body.

“Nnnnn.” Luhan quitely moved.

“He’ll be fine. He used too much of his powers.” Lay looked at Sehun.

“Thank you, hyung.” Sehun nodded.

While looking at this scene, I suddenly realized that these guys are friends after all. They may say that the other is their enemy but the truth is their still brothers from the same pact. “Now, let’s treat your wound.” Lay held out his hands then reached for my arm. The yellow light appeared again. “There.” He smiled as he removed the cloth.

“Thanks, Lay.” I smiled at him. Then, I looked at the cloth on his hand. “May I keep that?” He gave me a “are-you-sure” look. I nodded. I kept the cloth on my pocket. *I want to remember this day; the day Luhan showed me his caring side.*

 

Meanwhile, Haesung and Rian were still at the end of the bridge.

“What’s taking them so long?! It’s already 11:15!” Rian walked back and forth.

“I think we should follow them.” Haesung looked at Rian. Rian furrowed her eyebrows but she nodded. She also worried about Hana but at the same time, she was scared of the bridge.

Haesung made a step on the hanging bridge.

“Wait!” Someone called behind them. Rian turned around and saw Suho.

“Suho-oppa!” Rian ran towards Suho. “What are you doing here?”

“Um, Kris asked me to bring you back to the camping grounds, immediately.” Suho scratched his head.

“But why? We’re still waiting for the others.” Rian pouted. “We are not yet finish with the game.”

Suho became nervous.  “Yeah, I know. But,-”

“Is something going on?” Haesung stepped on the ground. She noticed his actions.

Suho gasped. *Oh no, what to do?!*

“Hey.” A voice spoke behind Suho. Suho turned around and saw Chanyeol. He had a serious face.

“Chanyeol-songsaengnim!” Haesung and Rian bowed. Chanyeol gave a fake smile.

“You should listen to this guy. What he said was right.” Chanyeol placed his hand on his Suho’s shoulder.

*You still got some guts, Chanyeol.* Suho shot him a look but smiled towards the girls.

“Is something going on?” Haesung narrowed her eyes. She felt something was off.

“Yeah. It’s going to rain hard and this place is dangerous.” Chanyeol pointed at the sky. Out of nowhere, a dark cloud came and a lightning appeared followed by the thunder.

*Chen.* Suho shook his head.

“Ahh!!” Rian jerked towards Suho. She suddenly stepped back but another lightning and thunder came. She jolted again. Suho placed his arm behind her shoulder.

“Don’t be scared. I’m here.” Suho gave her a smile. Rian blushed.

“What about the others? Have you warned them?” Haesung crossed her arms.

“I’m going to go there now. So please, head back.” Chanyeol smiled.

Haesung sighed and nodded. “Okay, let’s go.” Haesung and Rian walked ahead first. Before Suho walked away, he stared at Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol gave him a painful smile. Suho shook his head and went away.