CHAPTER 17

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 17~

"With me"

 

Kai’s POV

I wondered what took her so long. I went to the restroom and saw some girls looking terrified.

“Omo!! Whose blood is that?!” They cried.

“Hana!” I ran to see if she was there. “Something bad happened to her...”

I tried to look for her everywhere; the classroom, the rooftop and the school grounds. “Where are you?!” I was at the school gate. “Kai, think. She’s wounded. She’s wounded. The place where she might be----the infirmary!” I ran to the infirmary.

I opened the door. I was sweating and I was running out of air. I saw a guy with white coat. He wasn’t facing me.

“I-“ I moved closely.

“She’s there.” He pointed his hand to the closed curtain.

I walked over there and saw that she was sleeping. “god! I’m glad that you’re safe.” I held her hand with my own two hands. My knees weakened. I looked at her and touched her face. She's sleeping peacefully. “Where’s the wound?” I searched through her face and arms. All I saw was blood stains on her arm and uniform.

“I treated her already. So don’t worry.” I noticed that this voice was familiar. “What’s up, Kai?” He was giving me a drink.

“Lay-hyung! What are you doing here?!” I stood up with a smile on my face.

“Working, of course.” He sat back to his chair and took a sip in his cup.

“Since when?” I stood behind him.

“2 years ago.” I was surprised that I didn’t know he was here.

“Why didn’t I see you before?” I sat on chair while it was facing the opposite direction.

“I never go out except going home. Besides, few people only come here just to get treated. And you’re just lucky to find me here.” He drinks then writes something again on his pad.

“Did you know Hana?” I looked at her.

“Nope. So Hana’s her name.” He stopped writing. “But when I saw her unconscious being, I immediately knew who she was.”

“Oh? How did you know with one look?” I raised my eyebrow. I never knew she was the Maiden when I first saw her.

“It’s a secret.” He grinned and he tapped his pen on my forehead.

 

“Clack” I heard the door open.

“Hey, Lay. I’ve brought some organic drinks.” I think I heard Kris-hyung’s voice.

“Thanks, Kris-hyung.” He accepted them.

“Have any patient?” He observed the small curtained rooms and he stopped when he saw me and Hana.

“Yah! What are you doing here?!” He scolded me.

“I should be the one asking. Why are you here? You knew Lay-hyung was here and never told anyone?” I was mad at this selfish-hyung.

“It’s not his fault. I asked him not to.” He drank the organic drink.

Kris noticed that Hana was lying on the bed. He also saw the stains of blood.

“Wha?! What happened?!” Kris looked agitated. “Why are there blood stains?!”

“They came.” Lay-hyung said with a serious tone.

My eyes widened. I clenched my fist. *They tried to kill her?!* 

"I thought that she’ll be safe with you, Kai!” Kris grabbed my collar.

“I didn’t know! Look, hyung. I’m sorry but I didn’t know that they’ll come here!” I acted as if I didn't do anything wrong. *It was my fault.*

He glared at me then he released my collar. “How is she?” Kris stood beside her.

“She lost some amount of blood. But with some rest, she’ll be okay.” Lay stood beside Kris.

“Who brought her here?” He asked.

“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you.” Lay answered. Kris looked at his eyes and sighed. “Say my thanks to that person.” He patted Lay’s shoulder and left.

I just stood there. *It’s my fault she’s hurt. If I were more careful, she wouldn’t be like that.* Once again, I held her hand. *Please wake up.*

 

 

Hana’s POV

I heard the voice of Kris.

“I thought that she’ll be safe with you, Kai!” *Is he mad at Kai? Why is he mad at him? It’s my fault that I got into this mess. *

*That’s odd. My arm doesn’t hurt anymore.*

I heard their conversation. I felt two hands held my right hand. When I thought that it was the right time, I decided to open my eyes.

“Nggg...” I slowly opened my eyes. “Kai?”

“Hana! Hana!” He held my hand. “Are you ok? Do you feel anything? Anything at all?” He really looked worried.

I just smiled at him. “I’m fine. Sorry for making you worry.” I held his hand.

“Hana... It’s my fault you’re hurt.” He was tearing up.

“Kai. Don’t cry. Come on.” I held his hands tighter. “You shouldn’t blame yourself.” I spoke to him softly. I smiled at him to make him feel comfortable.

He sobbed for a moment then wiped his teary cheeks.

“Promise me. Just promise me that you’ll never do that again. I’ll die early if you do that, again.” He whined like a kid.

“Who’s gonna die?! You’re immortal, Kai. You have lived a thousand years.” I laughed at him and playfully hit his arm.. I sat and Kai helped me as if I was a patient.

“Yah! I’m not sick, you know.” I shoved him.

“Do you feel better?”A man wearing white coat asked me.. *A doctor?*

“Nnnnn. You’re the one who treated me, right?”

“Yeah. My name’s Lay. I know your name already.” He smiled as he offered a drink. I accepted and smelled it. *Is-is this organic?*

I looked at him and I put a smile. I took a sip. *Eeeeek! What is this, really?* I gave him a try-hard smile.

“Pffft!” Kai resisted his laugh.

I began to rub my arm. *I thought I would die there. Phew.* I continually rubbed my arm. *Wait a second! I just realized something! Where’s my wound?!* I faced Lay. He was smiling at me. I just realized that he has a light presence. *This guy and if I remember correctly, his name was Lay...* I pulled Kai closer and whispered.

“Is he the same as you?” He just laughed at me.

“Hey!” I pinched him. He flinched.

“Yeah. You got that right. His power is healing. He has the symbol of unicorn.” Kai turned to Lay.

“Oh my gosh! You’re the unicorn?!” I was overwhelmed by the word “unicorn.” "Aigoo. Aigoo. Aigoo. Aigoo!!"

Lay brushed his nose with the side of his forefinger. He felt shy at the same time, flattered.

*He's adorable and he looked nice and warm.* "Thank you for healing me. I thought I was gonna die there." 

I noticed Kai saddened. I just patted his back and gave him a smile. "By the way, who brought me here?" I mean, I heard almost all of their conversation.

"I'm sorry, princess. But I couldn't tell you that. You'll know soon." He smiled. *Oh my gosh! There's another guy like Suho-oppa who treat me like royalty.*

"You know, you could just call me by my name. I'd love that." I smiled at him.

"Sure if that's what you want." He nodded. After that, the announcement bell rang.

>Ding dong dong ding<

 

The three of us turned to the announcement speaker located at the top corner of the room.

“Students, as well as teachers, please proceed to the gym, immediately. The principal is going to make an important announcement.”

I looked at Kai. He shrug his shoulders.  Kai helped me to stand up. "Omo. My uniform." I saw blood stains on it.

“It’s full of blood.” I whined. “I guess I’m going to wear my PE uniform...” I smiled and bowed to Lay. “I’ll see you later. Thank you!!”

Kai and I left the room.

 

Lay's POV

She's really a nice kid. I can understand why "he" couldn't resist her. I guess that's the kind of bond we, guardians, have with her.

 

After I finished changing, Kai and I headed to the gym.

Students were staring at me. Maybe it was because I was wearing the PE uniform (or not).Kai swang his arm to my left shoulder. He smiled at me.

“Thanks.” I saw some girls were making an annoyed face. I just ignored it. Besides, I'm getting pretty used to their faces.

Kai stood beside me.

“Good afternoon, everyone! I am happy to say that within the suggestions of students 6 events were chosen.”

"Wooohooo!!" Students rejoiced. I guess everyone was anticipating great things this year.

“The events that will be held are the following: Dance Competition, Best-Booth Contest, Dance Ball, Trip to Jeju Island, Treasure Hunting and the last one is a secret.”

Everyone was happy with the chosen suggestion. They high-fived each other. Some jumped with other students. *They never ceased to express their feelings, don't they?*

“But since this commemoration is for four days, we're going to divide it. The dance competition will be on Wednesday while the Best-booth classroom contest will be held on Thursday. The winners for the Dance Competition will be granted to stay in the Luxurious hotel in Jeju and  for the winners of the best-booth classroom Contest, they will be the chance to eat at the famous restaurant in Jeju.”

“Whoa!!” They were very excited.

“Listen up! We will announce the winners of the booth contest at 3:00pm Thursday. Then, after two hours of preparation, we will head to Jeju by bus and boat. It will be 3 days and 3 nights stay. On Sunday morning, we will return to Seoul.”

“Wooohooo!!!” The sounds they created is irritating. Kai's grip on my shoulder tightened.

“Isn’t this great?! It’s been years since I’ve done these things!” He looked happy like that of the child’s. "I'm really happy that Myungsoo is the principal. I'm glad he became my underling on those days."

“Yah! Don't treat him like your servant. He's in higher position than you." I flicked his forehead. *Besides, he's fun.*

Kai winced in pain so he rubbed his forehead. "Stop doing that. You're really strong." I laughed at this "Whining" side of him.

I noticed that Sehun and Luhan were looking at me. *Eh?*

Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Hana! Isn’t this great?! I really want to go to Jeju! My dream is coming true!”Daeji jumped with me after she grabbed my hands.

“Well, this is gonna be my first, too.” We smiled brightly with each other. But something tells me, not everything will go right.

“Okay, is everything clear?” Principal asked.

“Neh!”

“So starting from now on, there will be no classes." He shouted and the students clapped their hands. 

"I love you principal!" "I salute you!" They were really happy with his works.

"There, there. All of you will prepare for the celebration. The students who want to join the dance competition please proceed to Chanyeol-songsaengnim.” He then leaves.

“Chanyeol-songsaengnim, huh? Then, I’m not going to participate.” Kai said to me while making a disgusted face.

“Me too.” I looked at Chanyeol on the stage. He was staring at me. He was grinning.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. *I don't want to be scared of him, anymore. It's tiring and I looked pathetic.*

 

I was looking at my shoes when I heard whispers. I looked up and saw everyone staring at me. *What’s this all about?* I realized the Kris was going to my direction. *Omo.*

He stood before me. “Are you ok?” 

I touched my arm. *He was worried about me, huh?*

“Are you okay now?” He asked again.

“ Yeah. Thanks for your concern.” My heart was beating fast. I looked at everyone. Then I turned to him.

“Please, don’t be mad at Kai.” I looked at his serious eyes.

“Hana...” Kai touched my shoulder. Kris looked at him and sighed.

“It’s not his fault. It was my decision to go by myself.” I explained.

“Okay.” He looked at Kai. “Sorry about a while ago. I was overreacting." He touched Kai's shoulder.

“Hyung.” Kai was teary but he smiled again. “I’m sorry, too, for being careless.”

They gave each other a man’s way of high-five. It’s nice to see them okay. A feedback was heard in the whole gym. Everyone covered their ears. It was Chanyeol who opened the microphone.

“Everyone, may I get your attentions, please.” Too late to say that, though.

“I have already talked with the Principal about the Dance Competition. I asked if it will be a competition between year levels and he said yes. That’s why among everyone I met in the Freshmen I chose 6 participants.” He grinned.

“Hey, I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” I reverted to Kai.

“So I will call on the students whom I chose. Please come up to the stage: Oh Sehun-”

Everyone turned to him. “Omo! It’s Sehun!

“Tch.” Sehun obediently headed to the stage. *I really hate him.*

“Luhan-” He continuously make his creepy smile.

*Really, Chanyeol? Really?* Luhan told himself as he walked to the stage.

“Do Kyungsoo.” He looked at the corner.

“Kyungsoo? Sounds Familiar.” I softly said.

“It’s D.O.” Kai whispered and grinned. I was surprised.

“Oh yeah! Now I remember.” I snapped my finger.

D.O. headed to the stage. He was wearing a hoodie again. “Omg! It’s D.O.!! It’s D.O.!!” “He can dance?!”

“Oh hell yeah, he can!” I heard Daeji shout.

“Next up is Haesung.” Chanyeol continued.

What?! Haesung?! The conceited spoiled brat?!” “Omona!” "Aigoo!! They're gonna lose!" The girls started to whine.

“Who’s this Haesung?” I asked myself.

I saw a beautiful girl passed by me. She has an arrogant aura with her. I happened to see her eyes. It had an eyeliner on it but it also had a warm eminence.

“Next up is Kai---Sorry, Kim Jongin.” Chanyeol blurted his nickname.

“Aish!” He his teeth. He held my hand tightly.

“I don’t want to go.”Kris looked at the way Kai held my hand. He rolled his eyes and turned away.

“And last but not the last is Park Hana.” *I knew it! He had a plan all along.*

I gazed at Kai. He was smiling badly.

“Come on! Let’s go to the stage!” Kai dragged me.

“Yah! What’s happened to your “ I don’t want to go" act?!” I cried.

Everyone looked at us. I noticed some girls staring badly at me.  *Are they going to throw tomatoes at me?* I slightly shivered.

“Haha.” I heard a small laugh. It came from Luhan and Sehun’s direction.

“Huh?”

“Okay. That’s that. The other performing arts year teachers will call the other chosen students.” Chanyeol signaled us to follow him.

I turned to Kris before I go. He nodded and walked towards me.

“I’m coming with you.” He smiled. I was relieved. *He and Kai were with me.*