CHAPTER 4

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 4~

"Crash"

 

I was eating noodles when I heard a loud crash inside my bedroom. It seemed that my window door was broken. "What the-" I ran towards my bedroom while slurping some strand of noodles.

When I opened the door, a cool breeze moved towards my direction. I covered my face because it had some tiny particles in it aka dust or sand.

I found shattered pieces of my window and a bloody book on my bed. But what shocked me most was I saw a man holding the book. It was the guy from before. The lightning sparked the whole bedroom and a storm came. In a glimpse of an eye, the guy was no more. But the bloody book was still on my bed.

“Omo, what just happened?!” I cried. I approached the book and held it. *Two moons.* “How did it got here?!”

I touched its cover and felt that the blood was already dried. But who’s the owner of the blood?!

"I-Is he a killer?!" I dropped the book but I hurriedly picked it up when I heard the doorbell.

Ding-dong-ding-dong

I hid the book under my bed and ran to the front door. I opened it. And saw Suho-oppa with Jongin?

 

Suho’s POV                                                            

Kkamjong and I are eating our dinner when both of us heard a loud crash. I felt a very strong presence that is very familiar to me. *It can't be right?*

“Hyung! It is coming from our neighbor’s.” He stood up.

I remembered Hana. “Oh no, Hana!” Both of us rushed out our dorm and rang her doorbell. We rang it many times but she isn’t answering.

I was going to kick the door but she already opened it. She looked pale, scared and confused.

I held her shoulders and asked what happened.

“My-my bedroom.” She was trembling.

I ran to her bedroom and saw that the window was shattered into pieces and cold air is coming in. Kkamjong sat Hana to the living room couch and got her water. I closed the door because the cold air comes in the living room.

I observed the scenario and when I looked outside, I thought I saw a figure of a man, floating in air. In a second, it was gone.

“Nah, I must be imagining things. But” I touched the window pieces. “These will never be broken by the strong wind, something must have hit it.” I looked everywhere but found nothing until I decided to look under the bed. “Ah, I found it.”

I gasped when I saw what the thing was, *Two moons!* I shouted in my mind. “But why in Hana’s room? It can’t be. It just can’t be, she’s just a normal kid.” I returned the book to its original place and calmed myself. I went out and saw them staring at me.

 

Hana’s POV

Suho-oppa and Jong in were the ones ringing the doorbell. Suho-oppa entered my bedroom when I said to him where the loud crash came from. Jong in and I were left alone by the door.

“Le-let’s go inside.” My voice was still shaking from the incident.

I sat on the couch while Jong in made his way to the kitchen. I didn’t ask why.

“Here, drink this so you will calm down.” He gave me a glass of water.

Ah. That’s why. He’s a nice guy. “Thanks, Jong in.” I drank the water.

“Huh? How did you know my name?” He sat on the couch and started talking.

“Suho-oppa told me. He also told me that you will study in SIS, 10th grade.” I began calming down.

“Geez, that hyung. He never change.” Kai scrunched his nose.

“So what class are you in?” I slightly laughed in his reaction.

“10-B”

“Oh my gosh! We will be classmates from now on, Jong in!” I was surprised. The scary feeling I had faded away.

“You study there, too? Wow, this is what I call destiny.” Jongin left out a laugh.

“I guess.” I also laughed.

“By the way, you can call me, Kai. It is my nickname.”

“Kai? wow, that’s a cool nickname. I thought you're nickname was Kkamjong. So where did you get it?” I was amazed on how people can manage to give themselves a nickname.

“Kkamjong?!" He stood up. "Tsk. Did Suho-hyung said that?" He crossed his arms. 

*I think I said something I shouldn't have said.* I gazed up at him. He narrowed his eyes.

"Didn't he?" 

I nodded. He could be very scary. "B-But Kai is a nice name. Where'd you get it again?" I tried to change the topic. 

He smiled. "Someone special.” He blushed. “It’s from my teacher.”

“Oh.” I wondered who is that special someone. How lucky. *Yes! My diversion worked.*

I heard someone opened the bedroom door. It was Suho-oppa.

Kai and I looked at him.

“Hana, how are you?” He looks worried over me.

“I’m fine, thanks to Kai.” I looked at Kai and smiled.

“Um, About your window door. It seems that it will take time for it to be fixed so I suggest you stay with us for a while.” Suho said out of nowhere.

“Mwoh? But I can still sleep-” I pointed at my couch.

“No, Hana. Do you want to freeze to death?! The cold wind enters your room so you better do what I say.” Suho seemed really protective.

“Hana, you better do what hyung says. It’s for the best.” Kai’s smile shows that he’s confident of Suho-oppa’s suggestion.

I looked down. *I don't want to be a burden.* A hand ruffled my hair. 

"Hana" It was Suho-oppa. He was looking straight to my eyes. 

*He's nice to give me such an offer when we have just met each other.* I nodded. “...Ok then.”