CHAPTER 22

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 22~

"Best Booth Contest"

 

 

Daeji sliced the cake and placed a piece on her plate. Then, she took a bite. I also sliced the cake and going to bite when Daeji held my arm.

I looked at her. “Huh?” Daeji looked into my eyes then she fell on the ground. “Ohmygosh, Daeji!” I placed her in my arms.

Eveyone was alarmed; even Rian and Yoonmi. Sehun held Luhan’s shoulder then he sniffed the air.

“What the-“ Sehun glanced at the cake then smelled it. *It has a weak poison on it.* Sehun glanced at Luhan then nodded. Luhan eyed everyone then smirked.*That’s it, huh?* Luhan removed Daeji from my arms. He lifted her up and headed somewhere. Luhan left the room. Now, there was only Sehun and us inside.

“The cake has poison on it.” Sehun stood up then pointed at the cake.

“What?!” I was shocked. “How can there be poison on it?! I made sure it was safe when I baked it.” I stood up.

“Someone poured a poison powder on top of the cake. Look.” He blew the top of the cake then there were faint particles that flew.

“Oh god! You tried to poison us?!” Yoonmi shouted at me.

“A-Ani!” I defended myself. I began to tremble. “I wouldn’t do that. I wouldn’t.” *I can’t believe it. They actually thought I could poison someone.* I was hurt.

“Where were you the whole time?” Rian asked me while she crossed my arms.

“I was on ahjussi’s office.” My shoulders fell. *If only I didn’t leave, then this wouldn’t have happened. Poor Daeji. Please, save her Luhan.* Tears were building up on my eyes.

“Ahjussi?” Rian raised an eyebrow.

I gasped. “I mean the principal. I was in his office. We’re talking about some matters.”

She narrowed her eyes. There was silence in the room.

 

15 minutes after, Luhan came inside with D.O.

“Who poisoned Daeji?!” D.O. was mad.  He was glaring at everyone.

“She did it!” Yoonmi pointed at me. I felt my heart being torn.

“I didn’t! Please believe me. I wouldn’t do that to anybody.” My hands were trembling. *I was being accused of some act I will never do.* I placed my palms on my face then sat. 

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Jiyoung.

“Hana...” She gave me a sympathetic look. “I believe you didn’t do it.”

At some moment, I felt happy. *At least, someone believes me.* “Thank you.” I held her hands. She handed me a handkerchief and I accepted it.

D.O. sighed. “Yah, why are you blaming Hana? Do you have any proof?” He rolled his eyes to Yoonmi.

“A-Ani. But she made the cake, right?” Yoonmi suddenly trembled when D.O. glared at her.

Sehun rolled his eyes. *Didn't she hear what I just say? Someone poured the poisonous powder on the top of the cake.*

Luhan just sat by the window. He was thinking about something.

“Hana I believe you didn’t do this. Can you tell me everything you remember?” He held my shoulders then looked straight into my eyes. I told him everything I remembered except the thing with Ahjussi.

“So you left the room and when you came back Daeji was preparing everything.” I nodded. D.O. sighed. “Okay, I got it.” He gave me a smile. “Don’t worry.”

“Okay.” I believed in him.

“I wanna ask who were inside of the room when Hana left.” D.O. went in front. “Please raise your hand.” Everyone except Hana and Luhan raised their hands.

Yoonmi rolled her eyes. *Am I a suspect?!*

“Yah, Luhan, why aren’t you raising your hand?” D.O. made a face.

“Huh? Why would I? I know you know that I was here.” Luhan shrugged then ignored him. I was observing everything when I heard a giggle. Jiyoung was giggling at Luhan.

“Yah, glasses girl. Where were you when Hana left?” D.O. raised his eyebrows.

Jiyoung stopped giggling. “I-I was here. But I went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water.” Jiyoung looked down.

*She’s always shy...* I put a small smile.

“Do you have any alibi?”

“Y-yeah.. I believe Rian saw me.” She pointed to Rian. Rian looked away and ignored her.

D.O. asked the same question Yoonmi and Rian. Yoonmi said she was outside because someone called her and the signal was bad inside the room. Rian said that she was inside the room all along until she went to the kitchen and made a juice.

Sehun and Luhan were sleeping all while when Daeji suddenly opened the door loudly. She disturbed them from their sleep.

D.O. messed his hair. Then he sat on the teacher’s table. “I don’t get it! It’s impossible that everyone is innocent.”

I glanced at everyone. I saw Rian giving me a sharp look. I ignored her then stared at D.O. After a few moments, I suddenly decided to speak.

“Now what?” I looked at D.O. He looked up at me then gave me a pitiful view. *I guess he would never be a detective.*

Suddenly someone opened the door.

“Lay!” I shouted. He smiled at me. “Daeji is asking for you.”

“Me?” I stood up then walked towards him. But before I went, I looked at everyone. They were staring at me. D.O. gave me a “please-let-me-come-with-you” face.

I smiled but shook my head. “She was asking for me. I’m sorry.” I headed with Lay to the clinic.

 

Luhan's POV

I just sat by the window sill the whole time. I knew who did it but I couldn't do anything about. It was partly my fault.

"Tsk." I stood up and left the room.

 

“Daeji? How are you?” I held her hand.

“I’m ok. Doctor Lay gave me a weird drink then I suddenly felt better.” I smiled at Lay and mouthed *Thank you.* He nodded. He left the two of us alone.

“Do you know who put the poison powder on the cake?” I asked her.

“I’m sorry I don’t know.” She looked down. “But, when I returned from D.O.’s classroom, I saw Rian walked out of the mini-kitchen.”

*She didn’t lie... Now, there are only Yoonmi, Jiyoung, Sehun and Luhan.*

Daeji stood from the bed and stretched her arms. “Look! I’m good as new.”

*Lay did a great job.* I gave her a hug. I thought I was going to lose her any moment. “I’m sorry. If I only knew someone would do that I-“

“Ani. Nobody knew that a thing like that could happen.” She hugged me tight. “Let’s just put it in the past.” She released me then she placed her hands on my shoulders. “So you shouldn’t worry anymore okay?” She tapped my nose.

>Ding dong ding...<

>Ding dong ding...<

“Announcement: Freshmen students, please proceed to the gym for the awarding.” I turned to Daeji. She was smiling.

“Ohmygosh! I almost forgot the awarding!” Daeji suddenly grabbed my hands then dragged me towards the gym.

“Tsk.” The shadowy figure was hiding behind the corner. It just saw Hana and Daeji went out happily. 

 

Daeji and I were on the gates of the gym. I was looking forward to the awarding when Daeji was dragged to a corner by D.O. I left them alone. Then out of nowhere, an arm was swung on my shoulders. “Kai, where have you been?!” I pinched his side. "How come you didn't help us?!"

“Oww!” He pouted then made a face. “I was sleeping, of course.” He leaned towards my ear. “I was at home..” I my teeth when I heard that.

“Yah, don’t use it carelessly. Especially, if you just want to be lazy on taking a bus just to come here.” I whacked his head.

Yah, you have no right to speak like that to me when you do the same thing.” He grinned then leaned closer again. “Suho-hyung told me everything. I’m happy that you’re getting used to it.”

“Tsk.” I pushed him away. Suddenly, two girls approached Kai.

“May I have your autograph?” They acted shyly.

Kai scratched his temple as he signed the paper. *What the heck is this?*

“Thank you!” They bowed to him then giggled away. “He’s so cool!” “I know right!”

I spanked Kai’s back. “You’re very famous now!”

“Ishhh.” He scrunched his nose. “I don’t like it.”

The principal came and everyone were shouting with anticipation.

“It’s already 3 in the afternoon. Now, I will announce the winner in the best-booth contest. Drum roll, please.” He opened the envelope.

A hand slipped into mine. It was Daeji. I could hear her prayers. “Please let us win. Please let us win...”

“And the winner is Class.” Everyone gulped hard. “Class 10-B!!!”

“Ohmygosh!” I covered my mouth. “I can’t believe it. We won!” I jumped and clapped my hands. Daeji was still in shock. She was like a stone.

“Teacher Jung, please come to the stage and take a picture with the class.” I turned to where T. Jung came. I saw Kris standing there. *Eh?*

T. Jung received the certificate. “Class 10-B. Please come to the stage.”

“Hana, she is calling us. Let’s go!” Kai dragged me to the stage. He was really happy. “Geez, this guy. He really likes being the winner..*

I stood on the right side of T. Jung while Daeji was on her left side. Kai was on my right side while my other classmates were on the staircase. We made poses; serious, formal and whacky.

“Our hardwork have been paid off!” Daeji exclaimed and the whole class agreed.

While our class was leaving the stage, I glanced where Kris was standing. T. Jung was coming his way. I saw him offering a hug to her. *What?!* She hugged him back. *Why?!*

I suddenly turned to the corner and I saw Chanyeol staring at me. He had a pitiful face but at the same time, he shook his head. *What just happened?*

“Come on, we’re going to prepare for Jeju!” Kai dragged me out of the stage.