CHAPTER 44

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 44~

"Hakai"

 

Author’s POV

Suho, Lay and D.O. were already walking in the forest. “Any news from Kris?” Suho asked Lay but he just shook his head. Out of nowhere, Kai appeared. His forehead was sweating and he was panting.

“I think it’s best if you stop using your powers…” D.O. approached him and gave him a handkerchief.

“…I managed to find these.” Kai presented the heels. “Hana was neither in the hotel nor the beach.” He let out a sharp sigh.

Suho rubbed his temples and he brushed his hands from his face to his hair. “This is what I’m afraid of.”

“W-What?” Kai raised a brow. “Don’t tell me something bad happened to her?!”

“Awhile ago… there was-“

The bush behind them suddenly created sounds as if something or someone was in there. D.O.’s eyes narrowed. He made knuckles. They nodded to each other prepared to attack.

“Wait! It’s just us!” Xiumin popped out from the bush. Kai warily turned to Suho who just shrugged at him. Soon, the rest of Chanyeol’s team arrived in the scene.

“What are you doing here?!” Kai hissed and Sehun rolled his eyes.

“What else would be our reason?” Sehun retorted and crossed his arms. Luhan shook his head and patted Sehun’s shoulder.

“why you?!” Kai was ready to throw punch at him but D.O. got a hang of him.

“Chill.” D.O. whispered and Kai just gritted his teeth.

“We come in peace.” Chanyeol said with his arms opened widely. He just gave his creepy smile.

“I heard that she’s in danger that’s why we-“ Luhan was cut off by Kai.

“You’re going to help? …” Kai let out a laugh. “Stop joking around…it’s not funny.” His eyes shot daggers at him.

“Believe what you want to believe but our intention is true.” Luhan muttered.

Lay sighed. “We shall go then.” He turned his back and started walking.

Kai raised his brows. “B-“

“This is no time for fooling around. She needs us.” Kai was taken aback by what Lay said. He lowered his head and looked away.

“Tsk.” Kai gritted his teeth. *Be thankful it's for Hana or else...I would* He glared at them before he walked.

 

The mysterious girl was left alone in the woods. She was sitting on a high rock and was leaning on an old tree. Her eyes were closed and she looked calm.

She was in Hana’s dream world.

Hana’s POV

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a place filled with mist. “W-Where am I?” I slowly stood up from the cold ground. “Is anybody there?” I shouted waiting for an answer. My hand brushed the side of my face. “Ah…must be my dream…”

I continued to walk in an imaginary path- to nowhere actually. As I went deeper, my environment began to change and I arrived beside a lake. I remembered my previous dream about Chanyeol and Ye Nolae. It was a different lake because this lake was dark and it reflected the sky.

I was surprised to see billions of stars and planets. It was amazing so I decided to sit by the lake and watch the scenery. “What happened before I went to sleep?...” I thought hard but all I can remember was I running into the woods after I saw what happened.

Unknowingly, I gripped on the grass and pulled out some. I frowned so I threw them away. I hugged my knees and buried my chin. My gaze didn’t leave the lake. *I have…no right to be mad…or to be hurt…when it is just me…who have feelings…for him..*

I closed my eyes and a tear fell. *Why wasn’t it me who had his wife’s face?* I sniffed and buried my face. *How I wish I was born from the past…maybe at that time, you’ll look at me the way you look at her…and not look at me because I’m the maiden…*

I let out a sigh trying to exhale the bad feelings out. *Just maybe.* I opened my eyes and gazed at the lake. A breeze touched my body and it felt…stingy. When I turned, I saw a figure walking from the mist. I quickly stood up and took a step back. “Who-“ I was stopped by how she looked at me.

Don’t you remember your own....sister?” She tilted her head and smirked.

*Sister?* “I don’t know what you’re talking about…” I pursed my lips and took a step back. Something about that girl….something about her tells me she’s dangerous.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” She wagged her forefinger. “You’re so rude, unnie…” Her voice turned from playful to hard. “After what you did…you killer!” She appeared before me and I stepped back and fell on the lake.

I thought the lake was shallow but I was wrong. I was already under the water. *What’s going on?!* I closed my eyes trying to wake up from this dream when I felt a hand grabbed my neck. The moment I opened it I saw her lifting me up while gripping on my neck. Her eyes had the shade of red. “L-Let..go..”

She had the expression of hatred and her grip tightened. I thought I was going to lose it but I felt her hands slipping away. When I opened my eyes again, I found myself in her hug. Her eyes became brown.

“I..hate..you..un-nie.” Her voice cracked. “It’s all your fault…that I’m…I’m…”

My body trembled. *What is she going to do next?!* My hands were already trembling. *Is she going to kill me now?!* I was so in to idea of her killing me that I can only hear my own heartbeat.  She let go of me and cupped my face. That’s when I began to hear again.

I gulped hard. “I’m going to get what’s rightfully mine…” With that, she smirked and her eyes turned a shade of red again. “Killer.

“K-Kil-ler?” My heartbeat rose and everything around me circled until it turned to darkness. She was gone and I was alone. I fell on the cold ground. “K-Killer…” I closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw my hands covered with blood. “NO!”

I stood up with my hands gripping on my hair. I shook my head hard. “NO!” Suddenly, a room covered with blood flashed before me. And I heard a cry…

She said… “Un-nie!”

“No!” I cried and fell on my knees. “…Nightmare…” My voice trembled along with my body.

Back to the real world

 

It was already 2am and they haven’t found her yet. They were already deep in the woods. They gave each other looks of hate and disgust. After a few more minutes, they felt an ominous presence. They gave each other nervous gazes.

“Kris!” Lay shouted and ran. Kris hit his back on the tree. He was wounded. Luhan, Suho and Chanyeol ran towards him.

“W-What?” He was in pain but he didn’t care. He looked at the guys. “H-How?”

“Shh.” Lay placed his palms on his shoulders. “I’m going to heal you.”

Kris painfully nodded.

“I never thought you’ll turn out this weak.” Chanyeol mocked him and Kris rolled his eyes. The guardians turned their heads towards the mysterious attacker. It was the gothic girl from Hana’s dream. Her hair was dark as night and her dress which was black reached above her knee. Her eyes had a shade of gold and black.

“How dare you do this to hyung?!” Kai hissed and was going to attack the girl. Luhan’s eyes widened.

“Wait! Kai no-“ *Aish!! I can’t read her!* Luhan bit his lip as he saw Kai being thrown towards Chen and Tao. They groaned in pain.

The girl frowned and shook her head. “I’m sorry for doing that to you Kai.” The guardians turned their heads towards her and she laughed. “What?” She laughed while tilting her head.

“Who are you and where is Hana?!” Suho closed his trembling hands and created knuckles. He shot daggers at the mysterious girl. She frowned for the second time.

Suho-oppa, why are you searching for her when you have me?”

*That’s it.* Suho snapped. “You have no right to call me that name….now, tell me…where she is.. or I’ll-” He was breathing hardly.

Shut up…” She muttered and the wind became stingy. “SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT UP! The girl’s voice echoed the place. She looked painfully at them and then she lowered her head. “It’s her fault…

After Kris was healed he quickly stood up…. “That’s  Hana…” Everyone turned their gazes to Kris then to the girl.

“Stop kidding around, hyung…It’s not-“ Kai spoke trying to laugh it off. But Kris had a serious face while looking at the girl.

*You’re joking.* Kai looked confused. His mind was enlightened when he saw the necklace on her neck. “That’s my gift to her…but..it can’t be.”

Suho’s eyes trailed towards the girl’s wrist. “It’s the bracelet.”

They were all confused now. The place turned quiet until someone broke in laughter.

You guys…are so funny!” The girl laughed. “You should have seen your faces…filled with confusion…anger..” She smirked. “But don’t worry… I’m not HANA... Please. Don't compare to the likes of her. It irks me.

“Huh?!” They chorused.

“But the things we-“ Kai spoke again and Sehun looked at him uneasily.

“Shh..Kai…” The girl disappeared and appeared before him. The side of her forefinger touched his lips making him stepped back. The girl grinned. “Oh~ shy now, are we?” The girl laughed again and tilted her head to look at the other guys. “I’m sorry for not treating you all well~…You see, Kai..is my favorite..”

Kai’s face looked disgusted.

“He’s my bias.” The girl laughed again until her eyes landed on Kris. “And you….. I give you thumbs up for ruining Hana’s birthday.” She clapped her hands and the guys looked confused again.

“W-What do you mean?” Suho raised a brow. Kris looked away.

She teleported beside Kris. “She saw them….” Kris’ eyes widened. He knew what she meant. The girl noticed it. “You should ask him not me.”

The girl disappeared again and appeared in front of them. “Well, I should be going….I have some place I shou-“ THUMP…THUMP…THUMP…

She breathed hardly while gripping on her clothes. “You!” She screamed in pain. “NO NO NO NO!” *You can’t do this to me!*

Luhan raised his brows. He can now hear her thoughts.

*This is my body!...No!* She floated in mid-air and her body was covered with dark mist. *Go away!*

Luhan could hear chains but couldn’t see any. The girl’s arms were spread as if she was being held by something.

*No! I don’t want to return to that horrible place! No!* She screamed in her thoughts.

“What’s going on here?” Tao asked. The wind was blowing hard and Sehun tried to control it but failed.

“What’s your name?” Luhan asked the girl who was in terrible pain. *Tell us who you are before you leave..* The girl’s face was sweating when she looked at Luhan. She glared at him.

Never forget the name…..Hakai.” With that, she screamed and lightning hit her. The guys looked at Chen who just shrugged.

“I didn’t do anything.” He suddenly saw someone falling fast to the ground. “Hana!” They shifted their gaze and Kris quickly reacted. He caught her in time.

“She’s sleeping..” Lay took a look at her.

Kris slowly looked at her peaceful face. *I caused you…pain…It’s my fault.* Luhan heard his thoughts. A tear fell from her eye and Suho wiped it with his thumb.

After a few seconds, Suho held Kris shoulder. “Kai….bring her back to her room..now.” There was a hint of anger. Kris knew what he meant but Kai didn’t.

“Kai.” Kris called him and he approached Kris. He carefully placed Hana on his arms. “Bring D.O. with you.” Kai obediently nodded and walked beside D.O. They teleported.

"Hakai, in Japanese...is destruction." Luhan muttered. *What's going on? really...*

 

The place was silent than ever. The guardians could feel how angry Suho was.

“You…are such a-” Suho punched Kris’s face and he flew a few metres away. The rest looked at them with nervous look. “How dare you do that to her?! You’re so naïve!”

Kris didn’t dare to speak back. He knew he was wrong. Suho threw a kick at his stomach.

“Why do you always keep on hurting her, Kris?! You know how she felt about you and that fraud!” Suho grabbed him by his collar and threw him away. This was the first time the guardians saw Suho’s wrath. They never imagined that behind this calm person’s face is a fierce monster.

Suho breathed heavily. “If I ever see her cry because of you…..don’t appear before me again.” He said in a low tone. He started to walk away but before he left, he stopped. “Lay…”

Lay whose arms were crossed stood up properly after leaning on a tree.

“Treat his wounds.” Suho said and left. The other guardians exhaled in relief. Lay approached Kris.

“You should be thankful that it wasn’t I who gave you a lesson.” Lay said without his expression changing. Kris was quiet and Lay started healing his wounds.

“Luhan…just tell them what happened.” Kris sighed while being treated. He nodded. Luhan knew after Suho knew.

 

After Luhan told them the incident, the guardians had different reactions.

“Wow… you actually got the guts to kiss a girl at that age?!” Xiumin’s cheek puffed as he spoke. Tao just shook his head.

“I never knew that she actually liked you, hyung.” Chen said. Sehun and Luhan rolled their eyes.

“You shouldn’t have let yourself be fooled.” Chanyeol kicked a pebble. “You know she’s different from her.” *That fraud is way too different than her…*

Kris just stood quietly. He himself knew that.

“I’m disappointed in you, hyung.” Sehun muttered as he walked towards Kris. He sighed and placed his hands on Kris’ shoulders. “But hyung…”Kris raised his brows. “It must be hard on you.” Sehun’s eyes glistened. Kris gave a small smile and ruffled the maknae’s hair.

“I don’t think so.”

Xiumin rolled his eyes and jumped off from the tree. He safely landed on his feet as it was no sweat. “I want to sleep…all this drama gives me the shivers…” Lay shook his head and smiled.

Xiumin walked behind Kris and kicked the back of his knee. “That’s for hurting her.” He jumped towards Kris back and hung his arms around his neck. “And this is for making us stay here..”

“Hyung…” Kris frowned. “You’re so heavy.”

Xiumin playfully hit his head. “Shh! You have no right to talk back at me. I’m your hyung!”

Kris rolled his eyes. The guys looked at each other and bursted in laughter. Sehun and Luhan hung their arms on each other’s neck. They treaded back to the hotel.

 

Without them knowing, the shadowy figure from before was spying on them. His eyes twitched in annoyance. *I never thought… that those guardians are so easy.*

Luhan who sensed his presence turned his head towards its direction.

“Tsk.” The shadow hissed and disappeared before Luhan saw him.

“…” *I really need to sleep.* Luhan sighed while scratching the back of his head.