CHAPTER 53

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 53~

 

 

 

It was a Saturday. I’ve decided to go shop groceries. I was just closing the door when someone covered my eyes. “Kai?!” I asked.

“Eeng!Wrong answer!”I sighed. I will never mistake that voice. “I know it’s you Chen.” I heard him laughing afterwards.

“Awww...you’re no fun.” He pouted and removed his hands. “Are you going shopping?” He asked just I kept the keys on my bag.

“Yep.” When I turned, I jumped from shock. Chanyeol’s team was present. “Oh. I see all of you.”

“Hey~ that’s not how you talk to the guys who’ll help you with your groceries.” Xiumin wagged his finger in front. Chanyeol smirked while shaking his head. “We really need to shop too. We’re always eating pizza for meal time. Yuck!” He started to make a disgusted face.

I rolled my eyes. Xiumin and his cute expressions.“I understand. If you’ll join me, make sure the word budget is on top of your list.”

Sehun tilted his head. His arrogant aura was surrounding him. “What’s budget?” My jaws dropped and he just smirked. I hit his arm.  You really got me there, dude. I shook my head while smiling then started walking.

Xiumin and Luhan remained standing in front of my door while we made way to the elevator. “Luhan, what’s budget?” Luhan looked at his clueless hyung and gave an “I-can’t-believe-you-look”.

 

Luhan was beside me pushing the cart while I was looking at my list. “Ramen.” I said and in a glimpse of an eye, the five guys were already standing in front with different flavors they like. I shot Xiumin a look. “Are you sure you like the salty one? Do you even know how it taste?”

He gazed at his ramen and shrugged. “I’m curious about its taste?”

“Aish. Bring it back to where you got it. It taste like eeww.” I said while waving my hands in front. “And you.” I nodded to Chen and Tao. “Put them in the cart.” Luhan whispered something to me while eyeing Chanyeol. I raised a brow.

Chanyeol having that huge grin and took a step in front. “Don’t even think about it, Chanyeol.” He pouted while his shoulders deflated. “From what I heard, you’re allergic to squid. So why did you choose that flavor?” He gulped and shoved it to the Maknae.

“Hey!” Sehun hissed because his pack fell on the floor. “My chicken ramen.” He frowned and picked it up. He shoved the squid flavored ramen harder to Chanyeol.

“Sehun place yours in the cart.” I said and we continued on our way. This will be a long day. I sighed.

“Hang in there.” Luhan said and I could imagine him smiling. I stuck my tongue out and gestured ‘mehrong’ to him. He chuckled while shaking his head.

Chanyeol stood there beside Xiumin. “Favoritism I say.” They agreed with each other. “I want to taste this though.” Chanyeol looked at his pack. Xiumin grinned at Chanyeol.

“Let’s buy it but don’t let them know.” They high-fived each other.

 

“Sehun, place that back there!” I pointed at him who brought so much junkfoods.

“Xiumin, no more free-taste!”

“Chen, please check the expiration date.”

“Chanyeol, what are those?!”

“Tao where did you get those bags?!”

“Luhan will you help me control these kids?!” I furiously blew my bangs while my hands were on my waist. They were all over the place. They’re like kids. I messed my hair while stomping my foot.Someone help me!

“Guess you have a problem here.” I turned and saw Lay smiling at me.

“Lay!” I beamed. He was handsome as ever. Ugh! Those dimples. Let me die now.

“Here. I’ll take care of this. Just relax.” He said while handing me an ice cream. I slowly nodded. Just how is he going to handle these old guys acting like 4 year olds?

In a minute, while I was my ice cream, I watched how the guys lined up in front of me. “See?” Lay patted my shoulder. “If you have any problem, just call me.” He said and took his leave. I tried absorbing how he did it but I can’t. All I saw him do was face them. I didn’t hear or see what he did.

The guys looked pale and fidgety. “Let’s go?” I asked them and they nodded fast. Okay?

 

 

“Good job, Lay.” Suho patted his shoulder. Lay just smiled and shook his head.

“They’re giving her a headache.” D.O. said while observing them from a far.

“Hyung, may I ask what I’m doing here?” Kai crossed his arms and raised his brows.

“Oh, stop it, Kai.” Kris said while hiding behind the tower of can. “We all know that you’re just putting up some act.” Kai’s jaw dropped.

Was I that obvious? He leaned his body to the side and observed Hana pointing at the vegetables being presented by the guys. He sighed. She’s still clueless.....

“I don’t think they’re up to something.” D.O. said while reading the ingredients of the noodles.

“But we can’t just leave her alone with them.” Kris stated. “We’ll never know.”

Kai clicked his tongue. “Ooohh~ Hyung is worried. Puh-lease.” He mocked Kris.

Kris shot him a look. “I-I’m not!” He shouted and gasped when Hana turned towards their direction. Fortunately, they managed to hide.

Hana tilted her head and shrugged. “Xiumin! Bring that back!”

Kris’ team let out sigh of relief. “Hyung is worried~” Kai again.

“I said I’m not!” He shouted in a whispering way. Suho and Lay looked at each other and sighed. It’s way too evident in the way Kris looks at Hana. He just hasn’t realized it.Or maybe he knew it but decided to ignore it.Poor guy.They thought and nodded at each other.

 

Another week of preparation for the play passed. It was already Saturday- the day of the play and Math-a-thon.

Early in the morning, the guardians including Kai went to see off Hana and Kris. Yes, him. It was two days before when it was decided. He was chosen to watch over her while she’s in China which most of the guardians disagreed into. But they couldn’t do anything, Kris is a teacher and Chinese at the same time. He was also in charge of the hosting of the second day Math-a-thon.

 

“So this is it. Good luck in the play.” I said to Sehun and Kai who was only looking at me. I sighed. I guess that’s it then. I eyed the guys. “Take care.”

“Bring us souvenirs!” Chen exclaimed while I rolled my eyes. “Sure sure.”

“Take care of your health, princess.” Lay arranged the scarf on my neck. We smiled at each other. “You too, Lay.”

Suho narrowed his eyes at Kris. “You... keep an eye for her or else.” He started cracking his knuckles.

Kris patted his shoulder. “Don’t worry Suho, I’ll watch over her.” Kris looked at me in a mocking way and I shot him a look. “What? We all know you’re careless. You even tripped because of an imaginary rock.” He smirked.

I clicked my tongue and hit his arm. “Yah! I was not like that!” I defended myself and he leaned. “You’re one heck of a careless lad.”

Too near! “Y-Yah!Ahjussi!” I blurted out while blushing and everyone started laughing. Kris’ eyes twitched. I was going to get it... luckily the flight attendant called for the passengers. “Oops! That’s us!” I grinned. I waved one last time to them. “See you-“

“Wait!” I lowered my hand as Kai ran towards me. He rubbed his neck. “I-“

I smiled and touched his cheek. “I’m sorry, Kai.” I looked into his eyes. He bit his lip and embraced me. I was startled at first. “I miss you.” He said with sincerity. I patted his back. “Me too.”

“Take care of yourself.” He said and I nodded while inhaling his scent. “Yeah, inhale all you want or is it alright if I teleport there?”

I pushed him and shot him a look. “Don’t you dare.” He chuckled and messed my hair. “Just kidding.” We smiled at each other. “I’ll see you later then.”He nodded.

Kris and I boarded the plane and arrived safely in China. It was a short trip. It was my first time to go overseas.

 

“Woah!” I leaned my palms on the car window as I watched the sceneries outside. It was beautiful and modern. My jaw dropped when we arrived at the main city. There were tall buildings-taller than the ones in Seoul.

Kris smiled and thought of something. He leaned behind me and gazed at the outside world. “China is developing faster than I thought.” He said and I gasped when I realized that his head was just on top of my ear. Blood came rushing to my ears and I felt hot.

“C-Can y-you move back-k a l-little? It b-became so h-hot all of a s-sudden..” I continued to stutter while my eyes were glancing at him. He smirked. “Are you sick?” He asked and placed a hand on my forehead. My heart was getting wild inside my ribcage.

“Y-Yah!” I shouted making him jump in surprised. Stop teasing me! I glared at him and he scoffed. “Maybe it’s jetlag?” He sat back on his seat. I awkwardly shifted in mine. Aish, this old man. I crossed my arms and sulked. Feelings go away, please. This is not what I think it is. This can’t be love. Right?

 

From time to time, I took glances of him. I couldn’t help but smile. I remember when I first met him.  

 

My angel.....