CHAPTER 19

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 19~

"Being sleepy is good"

 

Tuesday.

 

I rang the doorbell in Suho-oppa's apartment. Moments later, he opened it. "Good morning, Hana!" He was in his brightself mode.

"Good morning, Suho-oppa!" I greeted him. He signaled me to come in.

When I entered the apartment, Kai was pouting while his arms were crossed. *I guess he was frustrated by my decision.*

Kris was standing by the window but I ignored him.

“Now, now, I’m sure the three of you don’t wanna be late, right?” Suho shoved Kai’s bag to him then he started to push Kai to me.

“Kai..” I looked at his eyes. They were looking towards me.

“Are you sure about your decision?” He asked my without having eye contact.

“Yeah. I’m sorry, Kai.” I touched his shoulder. “I’m really sorry.”

Kai stayed quiet for a while and pouted.

“Kai, what are you going to say?” Suho crossed his arms. Kai messed up his hair.

“Alright, fine. I’ll forgive you.” He smiled at me. *How can I resist?*

Kris walked towards us and then he placed his hand on top of Kai’s shoulder. “Teleport.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. *Who are you to order me, old man?!*

“Come on, Hana. This will be like practice.” Kai held my hands. "And you'll do it everyday."

“Okay, then?” I answered unconfidently. *Focus. Focus. Think of the image of the rooftop. Focus. Inhale. Teleport.*

After a few seconds, there we were standing on the school’s rooftop.

“It seems like you’re getting a hang of it.” Kris muttered before he left.

I scrunched my nose. “Tsk.” I'm still mad at him. I was more mad when he walked away like he didn't care. I didn’t realize that Kai was observing the two of us.

“Why are you mad at Kris-hyung?” He asked walking walking at the hallway.

“Mad?! Who told you that I’m mad at him?! Is it Lay?” I became defensive. *Lay told him. Then, that means Kris might...Then why does he act like that?* I glanced at Kai. He was grinning.

“Lay-hyung? Oh no, he didn’t tell me anything. All I need is my sense of sight.” He gradually pointed at his eyes. “These eyes are good.”

I clucked my tongue and sighed. “Is it that obvious?” I turned to him that made me stopped walking.

He nodded. I sat on my knees

“It’s just that...” I told him how Kris treats me, unfairly. About the mineral bottle thing and about Haesung.

“Oh, it’s just because of that, that you are mad?” Kai made a face.

“Don’t call just that. It has more meaning to it.” I stood up. “If you don’t want me to be angry at you, too, then keep your mouth shut!” I ran towards the classroom.

“What just happened?” Kai muttered confusedly. *Is she really that sensitive when it comes to Kris-hyung?* Kai touched his stomach. *My insides are hurting.*

 

We had no class today. All we did is making some preparations for the incoming school commemoration. I was busily participating in the recipe making for our mini-café. Daeji was speaking in front of the class when Kai approached me.

“Hana-ah.” I ignored him. *Now, he’s got some guts to talk to me.*

“Hana-ah...” He touched my shoulder. “What?!” Everyone looked at us. I awkwardly smiled then glared at Kai. “What do you want?” I whispered.

“I’ll be going to practice. I’ll see you this lunch.” He smiled at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Am I your mother or what? Just go, I’m busy.” I waved at him.

He just let out a smile. At some point, I thought he was considerate to think of me first. *Nice Kai.*

I saw Kai headed towards the door and so did Luhan and Sehun. *Will he be alright? I mean almost the unfriendly ones are on that group.* I placed my palm on my chin.

“Hana! Hana!” I gasped when I realized Daeji was calling me.

“Huh?! What?” I turned red when everyone were staring at me again. *god! Too much embarrassment today!*

“I was asking if you have a special recipe that you could share to the group.” Daeji smiled as she made gestures.

“Recipe?” I silently thought for a second. I snapped my fingers when I remembered. “Ah! Cake! Yes, cake! I can make a strawberry cake.”

“Whoa!” Almost everyone were amazed. I felt flattered.

“Then it’s decided, you will be responsible for cake making.” Daeji gave me a thumbs up. I smiled.

“Show-off.” I could hear Rian’s voice. She was the one who almost slapped me back then but fortunately Daeji caught it.

*Whatever.*

“So who will volunteer to help Hana make the cakes?” Daeji glanced at everyone.

“Here...” My eyes widened when Rian rose her hand. *Is she up to something?*

“Really? Well, that’s kind of surprising...” Daeji wrote her name. *Then, I think I should help Hana out, too.*

Rian smirked as she crossed her arm.

"I will also help." Daeji said and casually wrote her name on the paper.

“I also volunteer!” Yoonmi, Rian’s right-hand, shouted.

“Okay?” Daeji wrote her name. “Are there any others?” Yoonmi hi-fived Rian. Daeji glanced at everyone.

“M-me....” Jiyoung who was the quietest in class raised her hand. I was quite surprised though. But I guess, making pastries is her thing.

Daeji smiled and closed her notebook. “Complete! Now, everyone has their tasks. Later, this afternoon we’re going to start decorating. The ones in-charge of making cakes..” She looked at me. “Please give a special time for practice.”

I nodded. “Neh!”

 

Since there was no class, everyone was happily having a chat with each other. I was alone at my seat. *It’s boring.* Then, I turned to Kai’s chair. I leaned my face on my crossed arms that were leaning on the desk.

I decided to write the ingredients needed. “There.” *What am I gonna do with this?* I glanced at Rian and Yoonmi who were busily checking their nails and brushing their hair. *Guess, I have no other choice. They’re on my team.*

I approached them. “What?” Rian gave me a cold look.

“I was wondering if you would like to have the list of the ingredients needed...” I was nervous. She cut her gaze off me then faced Yoonmi.

“Okay, then-“ I was going to leave when she offered her hand. *Does this mean she want it?*

Then, she slightly shook it a little. I smiled and handed her the paper. “Thanks. If you like, we’ll practice cooking at my house.” She wasn’t facing me.

Yoonmi was staring at Rian’s face. “She says ok.” I smiled widely. *Maybe she was nice after all.* “Okay.”

I went back to my chair and wrote another list for the strawberry cake. Then, I approached Jiyoung. She was reading a book.

“Excuse me..” She looked up at me. I noticed that glasses were refraining me from seeing her eyes.

“Yes?”

“Here.” I gave her the list. “This is the list of the ingredients that we will need.” She accepted it. “We would have a practice cooking at my house after class. So I just wanted to know if you’re free?”

She took a glanced at the paper. “Sure.”

“Alright, then!” I smiled.

“Hana-ah.” Daeji approached. “Are you going to practice cooking?”

“Yeah, we will do it after class.” I tilted my head. “Are you free?”

“Um, about that... I was assigned to go to the renting store to ask for some rentable chairs and tables so I-“

“I understand, Daeji. You’re in a pretty uptight position yourself.” I smiled. I knew it was hard for her to be responsible for everything. “Just promise me that you’ll help me on the big day.”

“Of course! I would be glad to!” She hugged me tight. “Are you sure you’ll be okay being with the two of them?” She whispered to my ear. *Ah, she means Rian and Yoonmi.*

“Y-Yeah. I guess they’re both nice. I think it will need some time to know their true personalities.” *I have a feeling that they’re not what they seem to be.* She held my shoulder.

“Just don’t trust them too much.” Then, she took a quick glance at them. “They might do something bad.”

*Oh, Daeji.* I just nodded. “Thanks for the warning. I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

11:30 am

I was dozing off when someone knocked at my desk. “Huh?! What?!” I gasped with my sleepy eyes. I began to rub my eyes.

“Hana.” Kai was staring at me.

“Oh, Kai.” I laid back on my desk.

“Let’s eat. I’m super hungry.” *Can’t he see that I’m sleepy?* “Hana” He whispered to my ear. I suddenly got goosebumps. I sighed.

“Fine. I’m gonna sleep in the cafeteria.” I lazily got up. He held my shoulder and helped me walked. “I’m not sick so let go of me.”

He let go but I suddenly wobbled and almost hit the lockers. “See? You’re too sleepy that I couldn’t let you go.”

“Then, let me sleep on the room.” My eyes were closing. I’ve never been sleepy like this. *Why is that?*

 

I had my arms and my head on the table when Kai got the foods.

“Yah. Don’t sleep on the table.” Kai placed the two trays. I slipped my hands to my face then to my hair and messed it up quite a bit.

“Fine.” I started to eat. I shook my head to shrug of the sleepiness.

“Why are you so sleepy?” Kai gestured his chopsticks to me. I blinked to process what he’s saying.

“I don’t know.”

A few moments later, a figure went to the side of the table. I raised my brow then rubbed my eye. It was Kris.

“What’s happening to her?” He sounded worried but he had that cold tone. *Now he cares about me? Really, Kris?*

“She’s sleepy.” Kai looked at him.

Kris drew his face close to mine. Then, he carefully examined my eyes. My eyes widened when I realized he was really close. At that moment, my sleepiness faded away.

“What the-“ I laid back. Kris smirked then turned away. My heart was beating fast. He was really close. *Omo! Why did he do that?!* I placed my hand on my chest.

I happened to see that Kai was staring at me.

“Yah! Continue eating! Don’t you have manners?! Tsk."

“You were really red.” Kai pointed to his face. He means my face. I touched it.

“Aish! Just continue eating!” I suddenly swallowed a big amount of food. I noticed everyone was looking at me. “Yah!” I shouted. Then they turned away.

“What’s up with her?” “Why is Kris-songsaengnim close to her?” “Omo! Is that what you call student-teacher relationship?!

I rolled my eyes with their outside-the-box imagination. *But I hoped it was true.*