CHAPTER 35

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 35~

"Verge of Ending"

 

 

Daeji and I were watching the big aquarium. I was amazed by the sea creatures. I remembered that I have only seen them on TV.

“Omo! Daeji look at that! It’s so huge!!” I happily pointed at the big manta ray that swam in front of us. I drew my face closer and I placed my hands on the glass. “Amazing! Look, Daeji...” I turned to her but I saw her blank face. “Yah!”

She gasped. “Huh? Wh-What is it?” She tried to smile. I furrowed my eyebrows and pinched her cheeks.

“Do you want me to beat D.O. up?” I grinned.

She raised her eyebrows. “What?!” I grinned wider. “Of course not, you know I can do it myself.” She turned to the glass then she frowned again.

“Geez, will you stop doing th-“ I saw Kai and D.O. from afar walking towards our route. “I think I need to go to the restroom. Wait here.” She just nodded while looking at the sea creatures.

I ran fast towards Kai and D.O. I jumped in front of them and they were surprised. Both of them placed their hands on their chest.

“Yah! Stop doing that!” Kai rubbed his chest. “I might die from heart attack.”

“Whatever, just die.” I placed my hands on my waist and rolled my eyes. He gave me a “you-really-said-that?” look. I grinned and ruffled his hair. “Of course, I’m just joking. I would never want you to leave my side.” I smiled at him.

He sighed and leaned closer. “And why are you so possessive, young miss?” He smirked.

My eyes widened. “What the? I’m just being nice here.. No other meanings whatsoever.” I waved and shooed him away. “Go to the others, I’m going to punish D.O. and make him the food for the sharks.” Kai laughed and D.O. gave me the derp face.

“Alright, alright. Yash, I would like to see it but... just do it somewhere no one will notice.” Kai winked.

“Yah!” D.O. shouted and made a face. Kai left somewhere. Now, D.O. and I were alone. My smiling face turned to a serious and deadly one.

“Do you know what I’m doing here?” I crossed my arms while tapping my feet on the ground. He awkwardly looked away. “Yah! Face me!” He quickly turned to me. *I love it when he’s scared like that...Hahaha!* “Do you want me to ask the second time around?” I raised my eyebrow and narrowed my eyes.

He shook his head like an innocent boy. He was pouting.

“Now, give me some explanation why you’re doing this to Daeji..” He turned away again. “Yah!” He quickly turned to me.

“I-I ...just..” He stopped and looked down. He saw Daeji from a far looking at the creatures. “I just wanna see her reaction...” His eyes softened after being tensed. I turned and saw what he’s looking at.

*Owww..* I grinned. “And when do you plan to stop this act of yours?”  I crackled my fist. “You know, Daeji said that she will live on my house.. and I was going to accept it anytime..” I nodded. D.O. gave me a “what-did-you-say” look.

*Oh no, what have I done?! She’s going to leave me?! Yash, D.O! You’re such a slow-brained punk!* D.O. started hitting his head. He squatted down and messed his hair then he gripped it.

*Tsk. What is this dude doing?* “Yah.. Stop that.” I held his hands and helped him to stand up. “Didn’t I say that I WAS GOING TO ACCEPT IT a while ago? You can still make it up for her if you move now.” I smiled and patted his shoulders.

He looked at me then he turned to her and back to me. He took a deep breath and sighed. *For Daeji...* He nodded.

“Yes, that’s my strongest guardian...” I patted his back and gestured him to go. “Now, win her heart back!” He smiled and nodded. He ran fast towards her. He hugged her from behind.

“Daeji...”

I smiled seeing those two. *Everything will be alright for them.* I left the scene.

 

Daeji’s POV

“What’s taking her so long?” I looked at my watch. “It’s already five minutes... Does she have indigestion or something?” I looked on my right side and I saw students watching the jellyfishes. I sighed while shaking my head.

I turned and faced the huge manta ray swimming inside the aquarium. “You’re so big.” I noticed that another manta ray approached it. It moved around it and they started to swim together. *Owww...* I frowned because I remembered D.O. “Slow-brained punk.” I closed my eyes painfully. *I’ve never made him act like this before....* Tears started to build up in my eyes.

Suddenly, I was hugged by someone from behind. “What the-“ I was going to attack but I heard his voice.

“Daeji...” It was a cool soothing voice. It was the voice that makes my heart beats hundred times faster than normal. He tightened the hug. It was warm. “I’m sorry... for being a slow-brained punk...” He said in a serious tone.

I thought that it was supposed to be a joke and I was supposed to laugh. But I did the opposite... I started to cry.

“Don’t cry.” He whispered.

“I hate you....you punk.” I covered my face. He leaned his chin on my shoulder and I felt his warm breath.

I was touched by his words. He was neither the type to admit his flaws nor the type to say ugly names about him. But he was the kindest person I knew before Hana.

“Do you forgive me?” He whispered. I shivered because of his words. He never stayed close to me like this before.

I nodded. *I should be the one asking that.*

“Then, you’re not going to leave me anymore?” His voice sounded like it turned into a happy one.

“Leave you? I wasn’t going to leave you unless you threw my things outside the house.” He stopped hugging me and released me. He held my shoulders and turned me. He raised his eyebrows and leaned closer.

“Then, what Hana said was...” He paused for a second. He sighed and nodded. *I was caught offguard... Good thinking, princess...*

“Hana?” I slightly processed things in my mind. I wiped my tears then furrowed my eyebrows. “Don’t tell me Hana told you something that made you do this out of your own will?!” I placed my hands on my waist.

He gave me that awkward smile. He shrugged.

“Yash!” I hit him hard on the arm. He flinched and started to rub it.

“What did you do that for?!” He frowned.

“Then, that sorry you just said was not sincere at all?!” I punched his arm again.

“Yah! I was sincere because if I didn’t then I shouldn’t have...” He blushed. I was going to hit him again but when I saw his face I softened. I raised my hand.

*Is she going to slap me?* D.O. closed his eyes. He thought that I was going to hit him.

“Slow-brained punk...” I kissed his cheek and smiled. He was surprised and he opened his eyes. By that time, I started to run because I knew he was going to catch me.

He was covering his cheek because it was red; the color of love. “Yah! I’m going to get you!” He ran.

“Aniyaa!! You’re going to tire my heart out!” I laughed as he tried to catch me. I realized that D.O. and I were like the manta rays, not swimming but running together...forever. *Thanks Hana...my matchmaker..*

-----------------------

Hana’s POV

“3:45.. 2 more hours..” I sighed  while looking at my watch.. I placed my hands on the pockets of my jacket. “I was amused a while ago by these fascinating views but now I became bored... I wonder why?” I was in the walkalator.

“Oppa, look at that!” I heard a girl squeal behind my back. I turned and saw a petite girl clinging to her boyfriend. They were smiling.

I sighed. “I guess my love story is at the verge of its end.” I pouted and blinked two times. “Argh...so cruel.”

I looked up and I saw a familiar figure standing few meters away from me. He was looking at the school of fishes. The light from the aquarium illuminates his face. “He looks like a silent angel; an innocent one.”

I decided to walk beside him. He tilted his head and faced me. “What are you doing here?” He gave an arrogant feeling.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m watching this interesting view.” I tried to sound amazed but it just gave in my boredness.

“Just, just go away. I don’t want to see you.” He turned to the glass again. I scrunched my nose.

“Why would I do that? Are you the boss here or something?” I crossed my arms. I thought of something to remove this boredness of mine.

He turned and narrowed his eyes. “Are you trying to annoy me?”

I raised my eyebrow. “Annoy you? Why would you say that? I’m just saying my OPINION.” I smirked.

“Tsk. You’re so noisy. I’m relieved that hyung isn’t here. He will be bothered by your childish act.” He shook his head and started to walk away.

*Oh yeah, I forgot about the incident with Luhan.* I ran beside him and walked. “How’s Luhan?”

“It’s none of your business.” He gave me that cold shoulder.

“It’s my business. I’m the reason he’s-“

“You’re not the reason! Stop thinking that just because you’re the maiden our lives revolve on you!” He shouted. Everyone looked at us and gave a confused look.

I was hurt by his words. *Am I thinking too much? But it’s my fault, Luhan used too much of his powers, isn’t it? Or maybe it was just me who thought that he had changed.* I stayed quiet. I took glances of him from time to time.

“Will you stop doing that?” He narrowed his eyes when he turned to me. “Be thankful that there are people around, or else you might be destroyed by any moment now.”

I could feel the wind being tense. I felt chills on my spine. I gulped. *Maybe befriending him isn’t a good idea.* I sighed. “Then, can I just know if he’s fine?” I looked at him. I was hoping he will be alright.

He sighed and nodded. “He’s fine.”

I smiled, relieved. “Thanks, I should go now. Just tell him to get better.” I waved as I walked ahead.

He just looked at me while moving away.

 

Sehun’s POV

“Thanks I should go now. Just tell him to get better.” She waved and walked ahead. I was looking at her moving away.

“Why are you being nice to us if you knew our mission?” I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. I looked at the fishes on the aquarium. I saw another school of fish swimming towards the corals. “Together like before... There’s nothing I can do but do what my heart tells me to do. I choose my friend over you.” I felt pain in my heart. I placed my hand on the glass. “Please don’t let my heart waver. I need to do this for my friend.” I closed my eyes as the truth flew on my mind.

“This is the truth and I should walk in it. Mianhe, Hana.” I whispered on the air.

 

Hana’s POV

I was walking towards nowhere when I felt a cold wind. “Mianhe, Hana.” I heard a familiar voice. I looked back and I saw no one. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Maybe, it was just my imagination.” I shook my head with my eyes closed. As I turned around, I bumped into someone. “Omo, sorry about th-“

I saw Kris in front of me. “K-Kris...” I was staring at his eyes when I noticed his hand. He was holding something behind his back. I peeked on his side and I saw T. Jung smirking at me. “What the-“