CHAPTER 12

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 12~

"Luhan"

 

Kai and I went inside the elevator. It was silent. I don’t know why Kai isn’t saying anything. Before the door closed, a hand slipped in; it was Kris. It was pretty awkward. I don’t know what to say; about what happened yesterday; about him leaving me alone while I was being agitated.

*Ting* the elevator opens. Two figures entered the elevator.

*Sehun...* I wondered who the guy beside him was. I noticed Kai looking tense. He was staring at the ceiling. I held his arm. He looked at me then gave me a smile. I sighed seeing this side of him. I let go of his arm; ALMOST. But he held my hand and placed it back to his arm again.

“Yah. What do you think you’re doing?” Kris said loudly. Kai just let out a laugh.

“Why do you care?” Kai said in an amusing way. The atmosphere became light again.

“why don’t you respect your teacher?” Kris whacked Kai’s head.

“Oww, hyung!! This is not even a school. So stop fantasizing that you’re a teacher.” He rubbed his head.

“Aish. Shut up.” I laughed at the way they acted.

I noticed Sehun swung his arm on the guy's shoulder beside him. *Is he his friend?* Wait! If he’s a friend of Sehun then... it can’t be. I stared at the guy beside him. Kai slightly tightened his arm and furrowed his eyebrows. I think I know what it means. I looked back at the guy. It became tense again.

The guy looked like a normal teen. But compare to others, his face and cuteness stands out. *Are all guardians this handsome?* I let out a small laugh. The guy smiled.

*Ting* The elevator opens.

Sehun and the other guy went out, silently. The tense atmosphere suddenly lessened. Kris, Kai and I walked to the bus station. I noticed that there were many people waiting; mostly are girls-girls from my school.

“Omo!!! Jongin-oppa and Kris-songsaengnim are here!!” They started creating shrieking sounds.

“First, Sehun-oppa came with a handsome guy. Now, two more were added!!” “What’s up with the guys living in Crystal Building?!” “It’s a great choice to wait for the bus here.” Some proudly said.

The bus came. Everyone entered. Sehun and the other guy entered the bus and so did Kris and Kai. I tried to enter but it was full. Some girls were glaring at me and intentionally shoving me. Sigh. I decided to get off.

I looked at my watch. “6:25. I can make it on time.”

I was going to run back to my apartment when someone pulled my arm. A voice whispered, “Let’s go.” It was Kai’s voice. I turned and saw Kris and Kai. I smiled.

“Oppa!!!” The girls were screaming because the bus left without the two.

We hid in some corner. Kai used his powers and teleported us to the rooftop.

I opened my eyes. *Aish! When will I get used to it?!* I was breathless. I forgot to breath.

“Yah! Both of you get to class.” Kris waved his hand while getting out.

“Yes.” I shouted.

When Kai and I arrived at our classroom, there was some ruckus. I ran to the door and saw that the girls are surrounding the “other guy”. They were introducing themselves.

Sehun was pokerfaced at one moment; then he smiled like nothing bad is happening. *Really? What’s up with this guy?*

Kai and I went to our seats and talked to each other. “Hey, Kai. Who’s the guy with Sehun?”

“It’s Luhan.” He looked at me.

“Is he the same as you guys?” I asked to make sure.

“Hmm.” He nodded.

“What’s his power?” Kai was going to answer when looked behind me. I turned and saw Luhan; he was looking at me.

“Hello, Hana. Did you know it’s better to hear these things from me?” Luhan looked cold. But he put a smile.

Everyone was staring at me. Nope, not staring. Glaring.

At some point, I thought Luhan knew this. Sehun just stayed the way he was; maintaining his fierce eyes.

Kai stood up and grabbed Luhan’s collar.

“Oppa!!” Girls started screaming.

“Kai...”  I felt guilty. It was my fault Kai’s acting like this.

Luhan shoved his hands off his collar. He drew closer to Kai’s face and smirked.

“You can’t do anything to save her.” Luhan left with Sehun. I was nervous and trembling when I looked at Kai.

"Bang!"Kai punched the table. It was broken. Kai started to walk but he bumped to someone. It was the teacher.

“Where do you think you’re going? Class is going to start.” She raised her brow.

“Aish....” Kai scratched his head. “My seat was broken. I need to go to the maintenance office.”

“Bwoh?” She looked at the side and saw his chair; totally wrecked.

“Yah! Who did this?!” She rushed to his chair.

“I’m sorry, I slipped.” He went out of the room.

“Kai...” He was really angry.

“How do I manage this?!”  The teacher was agitated.

It was lunch break. I can’t find Kai anywhere. He’s not even in the rooftop so I went to the cafeteria, alone.

 

Cafeteria.

 

The place was packed with students. I was all alone. I made my way to the counter. I felt eyes staring at me. I just ignored it.

“Macaroni Cream Salad, yogurt and sandwich please.” I pointed while smiling at her.

“Ok.” The lunchlady placed them in my plate.

“Thank you.” I looked around to see if there was available seat. I was approaching some tables. But when I do that, they stared badly at me. I sighed. I wanna cry. This is not what I hoped for. Then, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see it was Daeji.

“Hi, Hana. Wanna eat lunch with me? ” She dragged me. The pain just faded away.

"Thanks." When I sat there, I slightly ate my lunch.

“Hey, what’s the problem? Is it about the incident a while ago?” She faced me while eating her yogurt.

“Yeah, sort of.”

“Let him be. Boys are always like that. When their pride is hurt, they want to do everything just to avenge it.” She seemed an expert.

“Whoa, you look like you know things about boys.” I complimented her.

“Well, yeah." She cleared . "Anyways, don’t you find it strange?” I didn’t understand her.

“What’s strange?”

“You know, Kai, Kris-songsaenim, Sehun and Luhan, living in the same building.” I was surprised with her sudden question. "With you.."

“Ah...hehe. It was all coincidence." I looked away. "Kai and Kris-songsaenim are my neighbors. But Sehun and Luhan, I think they live a floor beneath us.” I explained it to her.

“Okay, if that’s what you say.” When I looked at her, for a second, I thought she smirked.

 

Kai’s POV

I was sitting at the bleacher by the football ground.

“You can’t do anything to save her.” These words never stop running on my mind.

“Aish! I hate it!” I shouted with my might.

“Hey, why are you cutting classes?” Kris-hyung sat beside me.

“Why does it matter? I already know the lessons.” I was quite irritated. "And why are you here?" He ignored my question and placed his hands on the cold seat.

“Oh, poor Hana. She was all excited to know you’re in the same class as hers.” I felt that he wanted me to feel guilty. "But she just got neglected by the slow-processing-brain dude named Kai."

“What’s your point? Please don’t make it harder for me. I just can’t bear everything.” I complained. 

“You know you’re not the only one. Stop being immature. You’re old enough for this kind of thing.” He suddenly became serious.

*Mood Swings?...Am I that immature?* The wind blew and my hair slightly moved with it.

“I think she’s awakening.” I was confused with his words.

“What do you mean?”

“Hana’s powers are awakening.” He made it clear. My eyes widened.

“Then, we need to wait for it to be completed.” I paused for a moment. “The war is going to start once that happens and when she meet all of us.”

“Yeah.”

 

Sehun’s POV

Luhan and I passed by the bleachers. We saw Kris-hyung and Kai. We eavesdropped.

“Hana’s powers are awakening.” I heard Kris said that.

I looked at Luhan.

“Everything is going to begin.” I felt a bucket of cold water fell on me.

“Don’t be afraid, Sehun. We will win this.” Luhan walked out after patting my shoulder.

I felt serious for the second time. *We will complete this mission.*