CHAPTER 7

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 7~

"You are the maiden"

 

The three guys sat in front of me. Between us is a table with a glass of water on it. I guess it’s for when I become hysterical again.

Two moons.” Kris said the title of the book I was holding.

“What is the connection of everything with the book?” I asked while I placed it on the table.

“Did you read all of it?” Kris looked at me in the eyes.

“No...not all. Just some story and some symbols.” I answered looking back at him. The guys were eyeing me.

Kris laid back on the couch and sighed. “Then you already know the prophecy on that book. About the chosen girl and the 12 guardians.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Yes. Then it’s not a story but a prophecy-" I nodded processing the word "something that is bound to happen?!” *Oh god, then what about  the war between darkness and light?! Is it really going to happen?* I clasped my hands together because it was trembling again.

“Do you remember the symbols on the book?" Kris asked me again.

I looked up at them. “Um, Yeah, the one with the unicorn, right?” I guess I can process all of it in my mind. 

“Oh, isn’t that Lays’ symbol?” Kai asked Suho-oppa with a happy tone.

“Who is Lay?” I asked. Then, Kris scrunched his nose and hit Kai's head.

“You make it a lot EASIER, Kai!” I think Kris is having a hard time explaining everything.

 

Kris slightly turned around and reached behind his neck. He lowered his shirt down revealing a tattoo.

“You have a tattoo?! Oh men, I don’t like guys with tattoos.” I pouted.

“Yah! Concentrate! This is not a tattoo it’s a birthmark. You careless girl.” Kris returned to his normal position. 

“Then it’s a bird?” I cannot see the mark clearly.

“Ahahaha!!! She says it’s a bird!” Kai laughed out loud making Kris and Suho-oppa glare at him. “What? I didn’t say it myself.”

“It’s a Nightingale. Not just any bird. Kai show her yours.”  Kris ordered him.

Kai lifted his shirt and revealed a triangle with designs on his abs. “Cool, huh?” I smiled at him. His abs shows.

“You have abs?!” I exclaimed.

“Of course, I have. Even Kris-hyung and Suho-hyung have.” He proudly says. Kris and Suho-oppa whacked him behind the head.

“I’m next.” Suho-oppa lifted his right arm sleeve and revealed a teardrop.

"Cool." I complimented Suho-oppa. 

"Thanks." He smiled warmly at me again.

“What is the significance of these things with the book?” I began to question them.

“It is a mark that we are the guardians who will protect the maiden.” Suho answered returning to his normal position.

Kai gave another answer which made me widen my eyes. “It shows that we have powers.”

“Mwoh?!"

”I am one of the 12 guardians and so are Suho and Kai.” He closed his hands. “Yash! Up until now you never figured it out? We have powers you careless lady!” Kris was irritated. “Kai can teleport that’s why we arrived here in a knows-what second.”

“I can manipulate water and Kris can fly and he can cover his body with scales.” Suho added.

“Scales? But what does that have to do with your mark, nightingale?” I was confused by information.

“My mark is really a dragon. But I never liked dragons, they’re evil. I changed it to Nightingale.” Kris became quiet again.

“Oh. That’s a good thing.” I became amazed when I heard that he doesn’t want to be evil.

“Is everything clear?” Kris asked.

“Nope not yet. What about the other 9? Where are they?” I aid back and drank some water.

“We were divided into two.” Kris looked serious and lonely.

 

Kris’ POV

*Does this girl have never ending questions?! It’s draining all my energy!*

She asked me about the others. I sighed and answered the sad question.

“We were divided.” I answered her. “...We were divided because of the prophecy and because of the maiden.” I added.

 

 

>Flashback<

Thousand years ago, the 12 guardians arrived at their meeting place, Spring of Destiny. Many bad things happened during their wait for the maiden. The prophecy and  their responsibility to the world caused them pain and suffering. Some of them were poisoned with darkness' words of intrigue.

The 12 guardians covered with cloak had a meeting for this matter. The cloak had their symbols on it.

Kris, looking the same way in the present, shouted “Why can’t you understand that we were destined to fulfill this prophecy?!"

“It’s not that, Kris-hyung! Can't you see what had become of the others?" A guy with a whirlwind symbol walked to the center and pointed the guys on the side. They looked lost and helpless sitting on the big boulders. It was like nobody knew what miserable things happened to them.

"....I know...." Kris glanced at them.

Suho touched Kris' shoulder. "But everything is bound to happen, Sehun. Even if it's hard to take, one must accept that...that was fate." 

"Both of us lost a special person, Kris!" A guy with a phoenix mark jumped from the boulder and walked to the center. "How can you say like it was nothing?!" He grabbed Kris' cloak. They glared at each other's eyes.

"Chanyeol." Kris shoved his hands away.

"Tsk." Chanyeol looked agitated. His eyes showed sharpness and coldness. It was full of hatred. "It's because of that girl that she had died! So stop blurting nonsense, Kris!"

“Chanyeol, why can't you understand that it was her fate to die? The maiden had no fault in it.” Kris answered.

"It is our duty to protect the maiden and help her save the world. All we need to do is wait for her." Suho looked at his eyes but it turned away.

"All of this for humans' sake?!" Another guy who was sitting on the boulder jumped to the ground. He had a snowflake mark. "Why do they deserve to be saved?" He looked at everyone. "So they can live in their filthy ways again, right?" He sounded like he was persuading.

"You are a human, Xiumin." A guy with a unicorn mark walked behind him. Xiumin turned to him and glared at him.

"I am no longer a human, Lay. I'm an immortal who actually thinks right." He smirked. "They don't deserve our sacrifice. Not even a single pinch." 

"Xiumin!" Kris shouted. He was becoming annoyed by their thinking.

Lay sighed. “Xiumin, whatever happens our duty will remain the same. Even if the humans continue to live their way, the important thing is we did our job. We have been created for this purpose. You should stand on it.”

Kris gave a small smile but he had a painful lookk on his face. “Thanks, Lay.”

A guy with a SCORPION mark approached Xiumin and held his shoulder. “Don’t worry, bro. I got this.” He clapped his hands and got everyone’s attention. “Then, let’s make a vote. Those who are in favor of the duty stand on the right side and those who are not go to the left side.”

Suho approached to him. “This is preposterous Chen.”

“What are you afraid of, Suho? We only want to stand on our beliefs. Or are you afraid that many will come to the left side and neglect their duty?” Chen smirked.“There, there. The voting begins.” Chen shouted. Kris glared at him for doing such act.                     

The 12 guardians thought of their decisions and found an answer. Some of them went on the left side and some of them went on the other. Until, the 12 guardians were divided into two equal groups.

 

Chanyeol stepped in front. “So this is how it’s gonna be Kris.”

“I’ll make sure your decision is wrong.” Kris pointed to him.

“Then, my team shall take the leave.”  Chanyeol together with the other 5 turned around and walked. “Oh yeah, Kris, first come first serve. Whoever finds her have the ability to kill or protect her life.” He smirked because he was going to get his revenge. Within a few seconds, Chanyeol’s group disappeared.

Kai approached Kris. “What about now, hyung?”

“I’m sorry but I’m afraid we’ll lose.” Kris walked towards his back and flew away.

"Yah!" Suho clenched his fist and punched it together. “I can't believe this! He just left us! I’m gonna give him this for sure.”

Lay turned around.

“Where are you going, Lay-hyung?” Kai asked.

“I will wait for her. I will wait for her time.” Lay disappeared.

Now, only Kai, Suho, and two  other guys were on the scene. They looked at each other without revealing the faces of the other two guardians. 

Suho sighed. “I guess, Lay is right. We shall wait then.” 

>End of flashback<

 

“This maiden really has some different kind of fate with her.” She shivered.

I shook my head. “Yah, Careless girl. You never get it, huh? The reason why we are explaining these things to you is because you are the maiden.”

“Eh?” She stood up with wide-eyes opened. "You gotta be kidding me!" *Then, does that mean their going to k-kill me?" I held my neck then suddenly I fainted. *Mom, dad, this is too much to take!*