CHAPTER 40

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 40~

"It's my turn"

 

 

Hana’s POV

*People, Is this a dream?* I pinched my cheek. Lay patted Luhan’s back and smiled as he left.

“No, this is not a dream.” Luhan answered with a poker face.

“Yash, I forgot he can read minds.” I face-palmed my forehead. I looked at him and smiled. “You’re here to dance me right?” I was reassuring. I don’t want to be called assuming again, especially by Sehun.

He nodded. He lifted his left hand and I placed my hand on his. This time, I felt that I can trust him for moment. We started dancing. “By the way, are you feeling better?”

“Hmm.” He replied. *At last, I had the chance to dance with you.* He pulled me closer.

“Thanks for saving me back there. I can never leave that place without your help.” I expressed my gratitude.

“Yeah." He looked at me in the eyes. "Let’s just stay quiet for a while.” He requested. Although it sounded awkward, I agreed with him.

Luhan’s POV

I wonder why out of all the guardians, I always feel like I have the strongest bond with you?

I have asked myself why I always yearn for your call for help. I couldn’t count how many times I did. That moment you called for me in that restroom, I couldn’t say no. Why? Why Hana?

 

Hana’s POV

It seemed like he was in a deep thought. It had been minutes. Until, someone touched his back.

“It’s my turn.” Chen smirked. My eyes widened. Luhan looked at me and gave a small smile but it had some hint of disappointment. He let go of my hand and left the floor.“Now, let’s dance, maiden.”

I was quite trembling when I held his hand. I was really afraid of their team counting Luhan out. It was awkward, I know. “Why are you dancing with me?” I asked. “Aren’t I your enemy?”

He let out a laugh. Gosh, I could see his amazing side teeth, you call it canine. “Nah, let’s forget that for now. What matters is what’s in the near future. Watch out for me.” He gave me a wink.

*He's just so....hmmpph... cute?* I smiled to myself. I wonder if Chen didn't hate me at all, would we be friends?

"You're overthinking too much. " He sighed.

I kept quiet all while but I was looking at him. He was doing the same. There was something odd, though. When I looked at his eyes, I could see a faint of loneliness. *Why?* “Why?” I didn’t realize that I said that out loud.

“What why?” He tilted his head.

"What?" I asked.

"Huh?" Chen tilted his head and was confused. "You just asked me why, right?"

*Did I say that out loud?!* “Uh, n-nothing. How long have we been dancing?” I raised my eyebrow. He stopped dancing.

“Are you tired of dancing with me?” I couldn’t read what’s on his mind. Is he mad? Or is he being sarcastic? What?

“A-Ani-“

“Hey, I believe it’s my turn, Chen.” I turned around and saw Xiumin. His head was quite leveled and showed his arrogance.

“Sure... whatever.” He just turned and walked away. "She doesn't want to dance with me, anyway." >_<

 

*What now?* I was looking at his direction when a cold hand slipped into mine.

“I’m your partner, right now. Face me.” I gulped hard.

“W-what are you doing here? Wh-why are you dancing with m-me?” I asked. We were dancing then. My hand was on his shoulder and the other was on his hand.

“I just found this place a waste of time. So, to make it worth it, I had to tease you for a bit.” He grinned.

*Geez, that cheeks of him.. Gah! I want to pinch it so hard! But...boy, you are one charismatic guy, especially those earrings!* My inside thoughts are just so... “scare me?”

“Hmm..” He nodded.... Then, suddenly, my palm felt really cold.

“What the!”I removed my hand from his and looked at it. It was really cold. When I observed it, there was something unusual. There was a frozen icicle with the structure of a ring. I looked up and saw him walking away. He waved his hand. *I don’t understand...Why?*

“It’s because it’s your birthday..” I gasped when I turned and saw Tao.

“T-This is a gift? Really??!” I felt something warm inside. I placed my hand with the ring on my chest.

“So, he gave you the bracelet..” He looked away. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes.

I realized he was pertaining to Suho-oppa. “Y-yeah..” Suddenly, the ring melted and I looked at it dripping away. *It’s just temporary.. Xiumin..*

“See ya.” I realized that Tao started to walk away.

“Hey! Aren’t you going to dance with me?” *Why did you say that Hana?!* I cursed at myself. Am I expecting too much?

He smirked at me. “It’s better to leave it this way... Maybe next time...” >_< He nodded and walked away. As I looked at his manly back, it seemed like the time was getting slower. I stared at the path he walked into until he stepped at the dark side of the hall.

I sighed while I looked at my bracelet. The grey stone twinkled. I realized that he used his power. “He really did slowed the time....tsk.” I clucked my tongue. I felt a cold breeze behind my back. *I know this presence.* “Sehun.”

When I turned I saw his fierce eyes again. He doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it. Then, without another second, I found myself close to him. His hand was holding mine. I was staring at him the whole time.

“This is the second time we danced.” He spoke. I was surprised.

*Omo, he just talked to me!* I smiled at him. “Yeah, we did dance.. back at the music room.” *How can I forget that thrilling and horrifying moment? I mean Chanyeol was glaring at me so I decided to dance.*

“...” After that, Sehun stayed quiet.

“Why don’t you talk much?” I was curious and started to mind his business.

“...”

“So...then, did you miss dancing with me?” I was saying a joke but he replied.

“Yes.”

*Omo, what did you just say?!* My eyes widened. *Tell me, anyone! Did he just say yes?!*

“I was kidding.” He started to laugh. When I saw him laugh, everything became slower... I never knew that a quiet and fierce guy like him can have eye-smiles...

“You should smile more... It looks better.” *Fighting Yoonmi!*

His smile faded. Now, he was staring like an emotionless robot.

“Yah-“ I felt a tap on my shoulder. I felt the chills. Sehun stopped dancing with me and scratched his head. He walked away. “Se-“

It’s my turn.” I know this voice. I can differentiate among the voices of the world.

“C-Chanyeol?”