CHAPTER 16

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 16~

"Midnight Assassins"

 

Sehun’s POV

I was sitting on my chair. It was boring. Luhan was constantly talking with the girls. 

I noticed that Kai was having a great time with…her. I felt sad. Before, the three of us were so close. Until, the news about the maiden came. We were divided.

But, still, I wanna know why Kai is so attracted to her. He is so choosy after all when it comes to girls.

I turned to Luhan. I just sighed. I miss my bestfriend. All he says every time we’re together was “I will complete my mission."I sighed again. He kept on smiling brightly with them but I knew deep inside he's hurting really badly.  I crossed my arms on my desk and dozed off.

 

Performing Arts Class Room

Class 10-B was waiting for their teacher. Some students haven’t gotten over with the “suggestion” thing.

"I know right?! I hope the principal choose mine." "Mine too. I had a great idea after all." They started creating those destructive sounds again.

Kai and I sat behind the class because the girls were so noisy in front.

We started having some conversations.  We were facing each other. I didn’t notice that someone just sitted behind me.

Kai became serious. “Sehun, why do you think you can sit there?”

“Is someone sitting here?” Sehun looked around and made a “nobody” pose. “There’s no one.”

Their atmosphere is getting tense. Again, I’m in the middle. *Why was I always in the middle?!*

Luhan sat beside Sehun. I heard him whiper, “Why did you sit with that filthy girl?”

*Ouch. I’m not filthy and I can hear you.* I glared at him.

“Nothing. The front row is too noisy for me. The air there is quite hot.” He placed his arms behind his head.

“Never socialize with that filthy girl.” Luhan permanently sat beside him.

“You know that I can hear you, right?” I dared to speak to Sehun. Luhan didn’t look at me but he smirked.

“Yep.”

“Why are you like this? I didn’t do anything wrong.” I defended myself.

“That’s a twisted concept. Your life is what’s wrong.” He crossed his arms.

I felt a pang on my chest. My life is wrong…I just sighed and gathered my strength.

“Just tell your friend to stop calling me “filthy”. It makes his mouth filthy. It doesn’t match with his cute angelic face.” I faced in front.

 

Sehun’s POV

“----It makes his mouth filthy. It doesn’t match with his cute angelic face.” I wanted to laugh with this perspective of hers. I slightly looked at Luhan. She was right. Luhan is not suitable to say such things. He is like an angel.

Luhan noticed that I was going to burst with laughter.

“Why the heck are you laughing?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Ah, nothing. Nothing. I just remembered something.” I kept that to myself.

Chanyeol-hyung entered the room. Girls started to create those irritating sounds again.

“Good morning, everyone! Perhaps, everyone knows my name, right?” He was wearing glasses and a suit with no necktie.

I wondered why he didn’t choose to be student. His face was as young as Luhan. Why did he become a teacher, then?

 

“Since this is my first day of teaching, I decided to ask everyone to showcase their talents. You know to make it easier for me to know everybody.”

I think I know the reason why he chose to be a teacher.

 “owwww!!” Some students complained.

“So who would like to start?” He looked around. “How about you guys in front row?”

“No!!!” “Chanyeol-songsaengnim! Try the back row guys.” Someone suggested that.

He grinned. That’s what he wanted to hear.

“Good idea. So who would dare to perform in front?” He looked at us.

Luhan and I looked down. I slightly caught a glimpse of “that” girl. She was doing the same thing. But I noticed her hands were shaking.  I saw Kai noticed that too. He held her hands.

“Kai…” She said softly.

“Okay then. Let’s start with that guy on the edge.”  He pointed at Luhan and grinned. “You first, cute deer.”

“Omo!! It’s Luhan!!” “I wonder what his talent is.”

Luhan immediately responded, “No.”

“Awww, but I can sense a great talent coming from you.” Chanyeol started to provoke him.

“…” Luhan glared at him.

 

“How about that? I never thought the brave deer turned out to be a coward fawn.” Luhan gasped. He stood up and glared at Chanyeol.

“I’ll teach you your lesson for this, Chanyeol.” He whispered.

“Okay, class. He’s going to sing now!!”  Everyone clapped their hands. They were anticipating his performance.

I slipped my hand through my hair and sat back.

Luhan started to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMRe4k3OSw

 

I noticed that some girls were tearing up because of his emotions. Everybody clapped when he finished the song.

“So your name is Luhan.” Chanyeol pretended not to know him.

“Jerk.” Luhan proceeded to his seat.

“Next up is the handsome guy beside Luhan.” Tsk. He dared to point at me. I glared at him and I “slightly” used my powers. I created a small blade of wind and cut a small amount of his hair.

Chanyeol noticed this and covered the side of his head. He made a face.

 I thought I was going to win but everybody cheered for me.

“Sehun, you should perform, too. It will be unfair if you don’t.” Luhan pouted.

“Alright.” I stood up. And went in front. Chanyeol whispered to me.“You’ll pay for this.”

He faced everybody. “Since, time is running out. I want to see a duo dance.” He smirked. “Hey, you girl, over there. Partner this handsome guy.” He pointed at “that” girl.

Her eyes widened. I looked away. I noticed Chanyeol glared at her. She stood up with her feet trembling.  Kai caught her hand.

“It’s ok. I’ll be fine.” She put up a smile.           

“I wanna see a beautiful dance.” Chanyeol almost touched her cheek. She twitched.

“O-ok.” She looked at me.

I sighed. “Just follow my lead.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPpgosTzW0

>Music starts<

“Into your world” performance of Sehun and Lay(Exo teaser 22); Sehun does his part while Hana does Lay’s.

 

While both of us were dancing, I felt a warm feeling inside. I noticed how graceful her moves were. It was amazing. The music calmed my senses. I felt that the air was peaceful. It was not me. It was her. She made the wind light.

 

I realized that the music stopped. I looked around and noticed that everyone was surprised.

Omo!! Both of them are great dancers!!” “They’re the golden duo!!”

I looked at Hana. She was smiling warmly at me.

“That was a great performance, Sehun” She smiled again.

“That was, indeed, a great performance. So your names are Sehun and Ha-na.” Chanyeol grinned. I noticed Hana twitched again.

I realized that I called her Hana inside my mind. I heard loud stomps approaching me. It was Kai.

“I believe that I’m next.” Kai smirked at Chanyeol.

“Yes, you are.” He grinned.

 “I would like to perform with Hana, too.” He smiled at her.

“Mwoh?” She didn’t see this coming.

“So, Sehun, please go back to your seat."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDwIOdJF3A

>Music starts<

“What is love” performed by Kai ( exo teaser 14); Kai does his part while Hana was the sleeves.

 

I observed the both of them while dancing. Kai’s moves never ceases to amaze me. Out of all the guardians, I thought of him as the best. He danced Hana with lots of passion. And Hana did the same.

I sighed. I admitted that they made a great performance. Again, everyone was amazed.

“Alright, I can see GREAT potentials in this class. Now, at least I know 4 people in this class.; Luhan, Sehun, Kai and Hana.” He grinned once again.  I hated it when he make those creepy grins.

 

 

Hana's POV

Everyone left the room and headed to the cafeteria. It was lunch break.

Kai and I walked together towards the cafeteria.

“Kai, how come you never told me that you’re a great dancer?” I asked him while raising my eyebrows.

“You never asked me. Besides, it’s the same with you. First, you didn’t tell me that you’re oh-so-intelligent and second you didn’t tell me that you’re an oh-so-great dancer, too.” He ruffled my hair. “So, it’s a tie. Annnnddd...I need to go to the restroom.” Kai said while pretending to be shy.

                                                                

I was waiting for Kai to go out. I looked at my watch, 12:15.

*Geez, this guy takes too much time.* Then I heard some noise on my side; it was some girls with Luhan and Sehun.

Luhan passed by me. He always does that; ignoring me.Then I saw Sehun.

“Hello!” I smiled at him. He paused for a moment and turned to me.

He pinned me on the wall with his arm and put a fierce look, he said “Forget everything that had happened on that class.” With that, he just left.

I can’t understand. I thought that he would accept me. I looked at where he was walking going. Then I heard the door opened, Kai just got out.

“What took you so long?!” I acted like I was an irritated mom.

“Grooming, self-styling, hairbrushing, um, what more?”He grinned.

“Gosh...you take care of yourself in a higher level than normal girls...”  I raised my brow.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa...at least I take care of myself unlike somebody there..." He looked away and eyed me. I scrunched my nose and kicked his knee.

“Yeah.Yeah.Yeah. Whatever...Come on, I’m hungry.” I held his hand and dragged him.

Kai chuckled.

“What are you chuckling for?” I was curious.

“Nothing.” We walked faster.

 

Sehun’s POV

I passed by “that” girl who intended to ignore but she greeted me. I stopped and turned to her. Then, I pinned her on the wall.

“Forget everything that had happened in that class.” And then I left.

While walking far away from her, I felt a small pang on my chest. I just clenched my fist.

“I can’t stay this way. I need to make a distance; My heart shouldn’t waver. She’s nice but, unluckily, I’m not.” I convinced myself to go away from her before I become soft.

I noticed Luhan was looking at me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I already warned you. Now, you learned your lesson.” Luhan turned and walked again.

“Tsk.” I placed my hands on my pockets and made my way.

 

Cafeteria.

 

I was eating with Kai when I sensed that someone was looking at me. I tilted my body and all I saw were some students and two janitors.

*Two janitors? What happened to Mr. Song?* I noticed that the both of them took a glimpse of me. *I was right! They were looking at me.*

“Why aren’t you eating?” Kai pointed to my food.

“I think I need to go to the restroom.” I stood up.

“Do you want me to come with you?” I made a face.

“What are you a ert? Nevermind, I can manage to go by myself.” I left him.

I carefully passed by those two janitors and made my way to the restroom. My intuition was correct. They were following me. I decided to wait for them inside the girl’s comfort room. Luckily, there was no one inside.

“Clack.” I heard the door opened.

“Who are you and where the heck is Mr. Song?!” I asked them. I was scared but Chanyeol was pretty much scarier than them.

“Are you really the Maiden?” One of them asked. *Don't tell me they're from the organization.*

“Yah! I’m the first to ask here.” I shouted and tried to act brave.

“We finished him.” He revealed a knife from his boots. I moved back.

“Answer us! Are you really the maiden?!” They prepared for battle.

“What would you do if I were the maiden?” I stopped because there was no space left.

“Of course, we will do the same thing we did with that old janitor.” He smiled evilly. "Since you happen to see who we are."

“Do you have a connection with the Dark Organization?” I dared to ask.

“Well, look at that. I think you know too much about us. But too bad it’s not called the Dark Organization anymore. It’s Midnight Assassins.” The other guy tried to attack me. I quickly moved to the cubicle and locked the door.

“Yash!” They looked under the door and tried to reach for me. I stood at the toilet. His hands were almost at my feet.

*What did Kai said again? In-hale, ex-exhale, and focus.*

Then I heard the other cubicle opened. A guy reached for me by the wall.

“Aish! I can’t concentrate!” I moved to the farthest side trying to avoid those two assassins. Their hands will reach me any moment.

I panicked. *Please someone save me.* 

The two guys tried to reach for me. My heart is going to explode from terror. Th other guy used his knife and moved it side to side. *I shouldn't have come here alone.*

It scraped my arm. *Oh god, It’s bleeding!* I got hurt and fell on the ground. The other guy reached my feet and dragged me from below. I was repulsing. I kicked him and he stumbled. I moved to the corner.

My arm was terribly bloody. The wound was quite deep.

*Someone please save me.* I closed my eyes. *I don't want to die yet. I haven't even scolded my mom and dad for leaving me alone!*

                           

Suddenly, everything became blurry and I felt dizzy. I think I’m about to lose consciousness. I can hear the evil laughs of those assassins.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” This voice is very familiar. “We already said that we can handle this ourselves!”

“We’re only following his orders.” I felt weak. I can’t see anything.

“Get out!!” The voice ordered them. I heard the door opened and some footsteps going out.

“I’m sorry. It shouldn’t be like this.” I felt that I was lifted up. It was warm.

It all became black.

 

???’s POV

I heard her voice. “Please someone save me.” I was at the rooftop after I decided to leave him alone.. My feet led me to the restroom. I opened the door and I saw two guys standing by her.

“Blood.” It covered her arms. I realized that these guys worked for the Midnight Assassins.

“What do you think you’re doing?! We’ve already said that we can manage this ourselves!” I shouted at them. I glared and I controlled his knife. I hid it on his pocket.

“We-were only following his orders.” That’s not a good reason to destroy my our plan.

“Get out!!!” They get out. I saw her current state. She was a girl, afterall; a very innocent girl.  Her arm is constantly bleeding.

*Why didn’t the others come to save you? Am I the only one you called? Why me?* I touched her face. She’s cold.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t come here as soon as possible. I’m sorry.” I covered her with my uniform coat. Then, I lifted her up. While I was walking through the hallway, students were staring at me. I ignored them. I brought her to the infirmary. He was there.

“What happened?!”  He opened a curtain and signaled me to place her on the bed.

“Please cure her, Lay.” I asked him.

“Even if you don’t ask me, I will.” He placed his hand over her arm. The wound is getting smaller and smaller. After a few minutes, the wound was gone.

“She lost a medium amount of blood. She only needs some rest.” Lay looked at me. “You’re worried, aren’t you? She’ll be fine.” He smiled.

“It-It’s none of my business. They got out of hand and I wasn’t able to do anything to stop them.” I got my coat and took my leave.

“He should stop being like that.” Lay said while staring at her. He smiled at her while tucking strands of her hair behind her ear. "I'm glad I finally meet you."