CHAPTER 50

Two Moons: The Beginning

since I didn't update last week, I'll give you guys another chappie~ ^_^


 

 

~CHAPTER 50~

"Woman from the past"

 

 

It was a Saturday morning when I wandered at the city.  I was at Myeongdong looking at the beautiful items.

A small snowglobe caught my attention. “This one’s cute.” I smiled and touched the item before I turned and went to the other store. “It’s good to window shop once in a while.” I looked at the stores.

Suddenly, I stopped on the path because I felt like someone was watching me. I turned but all I see was the sea of buyers. When I faced the front, I was startled. There was a man who look like in his 20’s smiling at me. I gulped hard and stepped back.

He gasped and waved his hands in front of him. “Anio! Anio! Please. I’m not who you think I am.” He started to search for something inside his bag. He nervously gave me a card. “I’m from SM Entertainment. If you’d like you can try the audition....” He started talking about the audition venue and date which didn’t get my attention. I just nodded and accepted the card. He smiled and bowed and I did the same.

When he left, I looked at the card. “I think he made a mistake when he  gave me this.” I scratched my head and just placed it on the counter of a store then left.

I was just meters away when I heard noise coming from the place I just went. I saw the teenagers making a fuss over something. My eyes widened. It didn’t hit my mind that many wanted to audition. Maybe it’s just my luck. Sigh.

I was sitting at a bench near the stalls when my phone rang. It was Suho-oppa. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hana, why didn’t you tell me you’re going out? Where are you right now?” He sounded worried. As expected from oppa.

“I’m fine oppa. I’m just window-shopping.”

I heard him sigh. “Alright. Just make a call if something happens, arasso?”

“Neh~” I kept my phone.

“Your boyfriend?” I gasped when I heard a voice.

(Just the clothes)

There was a woman wearing some rock’n’roll clothes. She reminded me of someone. My eyes gazed on her purple crystal necklace. Familiar. She chuckled. “You like it?”

 “Ah! N-neh.” I shyly lowered my head.

“You know, I have daughter, around your age.” She said and crossed her legs. I felt interested. “She was a kind-hearted girl. When she was a child, I remembered how she cries while searching for me and when she finds me, she will hug me with glee.” The woman smiled painfully. “But it changed, she became cold. Really cold.” She glanced at me. “Your parents must have brought you up in the right way. Something I didn’t...with my daughter.”

My eyes gazed at her softly. “I’m sure you’re a good mother. Because if you didn’t, you wouldn’t realize how your daughter change-how she was like on her childhood days.” I touched her hand. “She must have a reason for turning cold. Just give her time to open up.” I said firmly.

My parents were kind and warm-hearted. They gave me kisses before I sleep. I remembered my dad lifting me on his back when we went to the amusement park. Though at times, I would shrug off the feeling that there was a slight gap between me and them. I didn’t know the reason why.

“Thank you, Hana.” She said and I raised my brows.

“How did you know my name?”

She chuckled. “Just a guess. You just reminded me of the flowers.”

“Oh...” I slowly nodded. That was weird.

She looked at her watch and stood up. “I need to go now. I need to see someone.” She said so I stood up and bowed.

“Thank you for your time.” I said and she patted my head. “You have turned into a kind lady.”

I was confused. She was speaking to me as if she knew me. I looked at her leaving and then, an image flashed before my eyes. It was when I was a child. The rock’n’roll clothing. The purple crystal necklace. She was that woman from before... “Thank you.” I smiled and bowed deeply. Thank you for saving me back there.

 

Monday.

Kai and I took the bus to the school since I insisted. I haven’t told them my situation- I can’t use my powers.

“You know powers weaken when the users don’t train them.” Kai said while I was pretend to not care.

“Yeah. Yeah. At least, I don’t abuse them to the point of slacking off.”

“I’m not slacking off. I am studying in highschool in who-knows-how-many-times.” He said and crossed his arms. “Trust me. It’s exhausting and boring at the same time.”

“I’m sorry I don’t feel your pain. It must be hard being so old and grumpy.” I patted his shoulder and he shot me a look.

“Who are you again?” He shoved my hand playfully. “Omo! Are you one of my stalkers? Someone heeelp!!” He shouted in a whispering way and stood up. I giggled and pulled his uniform.

“Stop that. You’re embarrassing yourself.” He laughed and flicked my forehead. “I’m embarrassing the both of us.”

The bus stopped for some reason. Kai and I looked outside. We were four meters away from the stop.

“What’s going on?”

“Students, nope. Girls are flooding in.” Kai said and we nodded at each other. Something was up.

When we arrived there, we I was practically shoved to all sides if there were any. “WHAT THE HECK?!” Good. Someone just stepped on my foot. “Oww!” Then, someone unintentionally shoved me forward so I tripped. “What’s going on really?! Aish!”

“Oppa! Here!” “Omo! He’s too handsome!” “Oppa!”

My head hurt from those squealing voices. “Transferees?” I continued to massage my foot while my knee was on the ground. Gasps filled the air and the space around me widened. “Huh?” When I looked midway, a hand was being offered to me. But what shocked me the most was the owner. A smirking Xiumin.

(let's pretend he's in a uniform) ^_^

“Need some help?” He asked me and grinned. I gulped hard. Oh dear. Suddenly, Kai popped out from nowhere and grabbed him by the collar. He was glaring at him. Xiumin just shrugged. “Helping?”

I slowly stood up and realized that Chen, Tao, Sehun and Luhan were behind him. “um...Kai.” He looked behind Xiumin and saw the others.

“What are you doing here?” Kai hissed. Sehun rolled his eyes. Luhan held Kai’s hand and removed them.

“I think you already know the answer.” Luhan muttered and eyed Xiumin. “Let’s go and get your schedules.” Xiumin grinned and patted Kai’s shoulder. He was looking at the ground while creating fists. Kai was furious by the fact that Chanyeol’s team managed to enter the school grounds, too. I slid my hands towards his and held them. When he looked at me, I shook my head.

“Don’t do anything reckless, Kai.” I raised my brows for confirmation. He closed his eyes and let a loud sigh.

That is if they don’t do anything to you. He swung his bag behind his shoulder and walked beside me.

 

The bell rang and the students went to their respective classes. I was fidgety in my seat when I realized that almost all the girls were throwing daggers at me.

The door opened and then a teacher came in.  I gasped when I saw that it was T. Jung. She was different from before. Her eyes were surrounded by dark circles and she was thinner. The students murmured to each other. I wasn’t the only one concerned.

“Good morning, class.” She said in a low tone. It sounded like energy was drained out of her being. “Today we have transferees. But only one of them was placed in this class.” She gestured at the door. “Mr. Huang please introduce yourself.”

“Only one?” “I hope he’s the cute one.” “Andwe, I hope he’s the fierce one.” “I want the smiling one, though.” I could hear the girls talk.

I didn’t gasp when he entered. I prepared myself knowing that it will still be one of them. His uniform was messy and wasn’t tucked properly. His ears have piercings as usual. “I’m Huang Zitao. And don’t ask to be friends with me.”

Gasps and small cries were heard inside the room. Tao smirked at the reaction.

T. Jung cleared . Talking about manners. “Mr. Huang, your seat is at the back.” He casually walked without bothering to look at her. I felt a lump on my throat when he passed by my desk. Time stopped.

I knew it. I gulped hard.

“Nice meeting you, classmate.” He said smirking and continued the time. He walked towards his seat as if nothing happened. The hairs on my neck stood up. I could feel his intense stare even without looking at the back.

“Hana, don’t worry. I’m here.” Kai whispered on my ear. I nodded and tried to convince myself that everything will be okay.