CHAPTER 33

Two Moons: The Beginning

 

~CHAPTER 33~

"Jeju's Ocean Park"

 

 

“Oh my gosh! Your story was amazing!” I wiped the tears on the side of my eyes. *I never knew she had a hard time.* I hugged her and patted her back.

“I know right?” She giggled. “But despite the pain and hardships I received, I’m really glad that I have met him and you.”

*Owwiiee.* We hugged each other for a while. *We're friends, Daeji and I.*

Suddenly, I remembered Jiyoung. I released Daeji then I frowned. 

*Is she really one of them?* I suddenly touched the fading pinkish scar on my arm I had from her.

“Hey, what’s up? What are you thinking?” She touched my shoulder.

I gasped. “Ah-I was just.. It’s nothing, really.” She narrowed her eyes.

I sighed then I thought of another topic. “So, who won the treasure hunt?”

There was a moment of silence. She suddenly grinned. “We did.”

“Really?! Awesome.” I high-fived her.

“Fortunately, your bag was left in my care or else I wouldn’t find that red-ribboned box.” She proudly stood up and thought how intelligent she was.

“So what’s the price?” I asked her while being amused by her funny actions.

“Additional points in Geography and English.” She jumped on the bed and sat. She suddenly had an uninterested face.

“Yah! We don’t even have geography!” I poked her side. She started to laugh.

“Kidding! We have a free trip to Jeju’s Ocean Park this afternoon!” She stood up while holding my hands.

“Really?!” I have never been in an ocean park. “What time?” I looked at her.

“3:00 pm. So I suggest that both of us get ready after we eat some lunch.” She happily dragged me out of my room.

*I almost forgot lunch since so many things happened today.*

----------------

While Daeji and I were eating at the table, someone suddenly swung his arms around my neck. I choked.

“Yah- cough –Kai!” I reached for the glass of water and drank. Kai sat beside me.

“Hana...” He grinned. *I’m relieved that he’s not mad like moments ago.*

“What? Are you going to ask a favor after choking me?” I scrunched my nose. Daeji amusedly watched us.

Kai innocently nodded. “Can I come with you to the Ocean Park?” He pouted like a child asking for a lollipop.

I rolled my eyes then I continued eating. “No.” I took a sip from my mango juice when suddenly he stood up and swung his arms again. “You lost, remember?

“Please...” Kai whispered to my ear.

“Yah! Will you stop doing that? Are you really going to choke me to death?!” I shoved him back to his seat. *What’s his problem? Why is he so clingy?*

“Aww, come on Hana. You don’t want the poor Kai to be alone with D.O.” Daeji was leaning her arm on the table when she pointed her fork at me. “I don’t want him to be influenced by D.O’s face.” She giggled. Kai laughed with her and they high-fived.

*Weirdos. And why the heck are you bad-mouthing D.O’s face?* I looked at them in disbelief. Both of them continued to make fun of D.O. while I gazed at my surroundings. We were the only students there but there were also no teachers.

Kai whined and did aegyo which I thought he would never do.                  

“Alright, alright! You can tag along.” I stood up because I finished eating.

“Yes!” Kai closed his fists and pulled them from up to down.

After the three of us changed our clothes, we headed to the lounge. When we came there, the teachers and the others red team members were already waiting for the bus.

I saw Suho-oppa talking with Rian and Haesung.

“Yah! Where have you been?!” Rian placed her hands on her waist and raised her eyebrows. “I thought something bad happened to you when I didn’t see you on the camping grounds!”

I smiled because I’m glad Rian and I became friends. *It’s amazing..* “I was sleeping... you know, got tired from all the walking.” I awkwardly raised my eyebrows trying to make an excuse.

“Oh really?” Rian narrowed her eyes. Then, Suho-oppa clapped his hands and smiled.

“I’m glad you’re okay.” Suho winked.

*Ah, I understand what you meant.* I nodded.

“The bus is here!” The coach shouted while using both of his hands.

“Oppa! Come with us!” Rian jumped in front of Suho. *She really likes him.*

“Um...” Suho-oppa scratched his head and then he turned to me. *What should I do?* He made a problematic face.

I smiled at him. “Let’s go then, my treat!” I clung my arm on his right arm while Rian just rolled her eyes and hugged his left arm.

“Mwoh?!” Kai exclaimed and it made me jumped. “Yah! Why are you like this?! When it comes to Suho-hyung you become nice but when it comes to me.... ugh... THIS is what I call... FAVORITISM!” Kai pouted and he crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes and walked with Rian and Suho.

“At least you get to join them.” Someone said beside Kai.

“D.O-hyung!” Kai placed his hand on his chest. He was shocked by D.O’s famous stare.

“It’s your fault for being a no brain punk.” Daeji shook her head while she her teeth.

“Yah!” D.O. shouted. Kai and Daeji jumped in surprise.

“What the heck?!” Daeji scrunched her nose. “You just tell me if you wanna go, you know I can do something about it..” She grinned.

“And what is that, young lady?” D.O’s eyes suddenly widened when he realized that Daeji was grinning. “What will you do?!”

“Trust me, I can handle this.” Daeji patted D.O’s shoulder and walked by Haesung’s side. She smiled at her then they walked together.

“I got a bad feeling about this.” D.O. shivered.

“It’s your fault for being like that, hyung...” Kai shook his head and went away.

“Yah! What do those words mean?!” D.O ran towards them.