CHAPTER 14

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 14~

"Chanyeol's team"

 

Sunday.

 

I woke up early. My cheeks were feeling a small amount of pain. *That Chanyeol really did it.* I applied medicine on it again. I went to the kitchen and had a glass of water. Then, I sat on the couch and stared at the cloudy sky. It’s 6:30 am.

It was silent and cold. “I wonder what will happen today?” 

I arranged myself and went back to my bedroom. I got the book from my drawer and read some of its pages.

“The powers of the 12 guardians corresponds their birthmarks. On the day their powers be unleashed, they will not age. The gift of immortality will be upon them, until the maiden rise in her own time.”

I understood the other parts but the last sentence says “immortality will be upon them, UNTIL the maiden rise in her own time.

“Does it mean that they will lose their immortality when they meet me?”  I lied on the bed and hugged my pillow. My head hurts. All these thinking make it more complicated for me.

 

I dozed off.

 

"Ding dong ding dong"

“Hmm?? I wonder who that is?” I opened my door to see Mr. Kang.

“Good morning, Hana.” He was smiling widely again as usual.

“What brings you here Mr. Kang?”

“Your new neighbors arrived. You know from the big unit on your side. They said that they wanted to be introduced to everyone.” Mr. Kang presented the neighbors.

“Hi, we’re the new neighbors. Please take CARE of us!”  The guy with shades smirked at me.

“Hmm, so two people will live on that unit?” I examined the face of the guy. Familiar.

“No, there are 4 people. By the way, we wanna introduce ourselves. I’m Chen.” He replied once again. *Wait. Did he just say Chen?!*

“I’m Xiumin.” The guy wearing leather jacket bowed. *Oh god. Isn't he the one from before?!* I stepped back.

“W-Where are the other two?”

“Oh, they’re here.” Mr. Kang looked on the hallway.

I was shocked when I saw the other 2 guys. *I was right.* They were approaching. They almost passed by Suho’s apartment. But something happened... Kai “unintentionally” opened the door that it hardly hit the two guys. The two guys fell on the floor while touching their noses.

“Good morning, Hana!!” Kai approached me and greeted as if nothing happened. Kris and Suho went out of the apartment, too.

“Mornin’” Kris lazily said.

“Good morning!” Suho-oppa smiled brightly.

The door was kicked back to its position. The two guys looked mad and embarrassed.

“Omo... Why are THEY on the floor?” Kai pretended that it was not his fault.

“It was you who opened the door, slow-brain.” Kris started to read his magazine.

The 2 guys stood up and brushed their pants.

“So they’re all here. I want everyone to live harmoniously from now on. Okay?” Mr. Kang didn’t notice the fierce atmosphere.

“Ye-yeah, Mr. Kang.” I was the only one who replied.

Mr. Kang took his leave. Meanwhile, the two guys approached me.

“I know who you are, but you don’t know who I am. My name is Tao.” The guy wearing all-black introduced himself. He was the guy back then; the one who stopped the time.

“Hello again, Hana. We’ll be neighbors from now on.” The guy wearing hoodie with a hat inside whispered to me. “Be careful.”

I touched my face; the part where Chanyeol almost burned.

“Ch-Chanyeol...”  I didn’t know why I called him but I knew that I was very scared of him.

“Hmm?” He stopped walking. “Don’t worry I’m not going to hurt you, YET.”

I ran back to my apartment and locked my door.

“Hana...”  Kai called out but I didn’t answer.

I ran back to my bedroom and sat on a corner.

Tear started to flow on my cheeks. I’m scared. I’m scared that they are going to hurt me.

 

Suho’s POV

Hana ran to her apartment and locked her door. I knew she was afraid of Chanyeol because of what he did to her. He almost burned her face.

“Yah! Why don’t you stop right now?!” Kai grabbed Chanyeol’s collar.

“Stop doing what? Heh, I’m not even starting.” Chanyeol glared at Kai.

“Let it go, Kai. It will not do any good.” I patted his back.

“Tsk.” Kai let go of his collar. “Whatever.” He returned to our apartment.

I didn’t notice that Kris left. I was all alone in the corridor; alone with the other guardians.

“I never wanted to be involved in this guardian WARS but this is all I’ve got to say. NEVER hurt Hana or else, I will be your opponent.” I warned the guys.

“Well, that one is unexpected. I never thought that I will consider you as my opponent.” Xiumin acted cool and serious.

I glared at Xiumin-hyung.“That’s that. So, later guys.” I took my leave.

 

“Seriously, why do they want to protect that girl? When she’s the reason for our sufferings.” Chen sighed.

“We need to open their eyes. If hurting that girl can do it, then we have to.” Xiumin made a fist.

“Don’t take her as an easy person to beat; now that her powers are awakening.” Tao suggested.

“Powers? Awakening?” Chen looked confused.

“Dude, you’re so slow. Since almost all of the guardians have met her, her powers started to react.” Xiumin flicked Chen’s forehead.

“Never do that again! You’re hands are EXTREMELY cold!!” Chen pushed him away.

“I can’t help it dude.” Xiumin proudly looked at his hand.

“Anyways, we need to buy groceries. I don’t want to order pizza.” Chanyeol headed for the elevator.

“Yes, sir!” Chen and Xiumin positioned like soldiers.

“That’s not even funny.” Tao ignored them.

“They never get our jokes.” Xiumin puffed his cheek.

 

Meanwhile, Hana was still crying inside her bedroom. Her parents’ pictures were on her hands.

 

Hana’s POV

“Mom. Dad. I need y-you both right now.” I can’t stop crying. My cheek is starting to hurt again.

I hid buried my face on my arms. I felt the cold wind entered the room. I looked up and saw Kris sitting in front of me.

“Wah! How did you get in here?” I didn't notice that I had a snot from my nose.

“The window door was open, duh.” He sat comfortably beside me.

“I mean how did you GET in here?!”

“Oh, yeah..... Please remember that I can fly.” I made a fool out of myself. I started crying again.

“Do you want to give up?” He asked me.

“I would like to.”

“Do you want to reset everything?” He asked me again.

“...”

“You have the powers to do so.” I wiped my tear and the snot. *Ugh. It's humiliating.*

“I do?!”

“Nah. I was just kidding. You’re too gullible.” He messes up my hair.

I slightly smiled. “It’s not funny Kris.”

“I didn’t ask you to laugh with my joke.” He looked up on the ceiling.

“...But I don’t want to reset everything even if I had the powers to do so.”

“Why is that?”

 

Because if I did, I wouldn’t have met you in the first place.

I just don’t want to. I’m really happy when you guys entered my life.” I looked at him. “Thank you.” I would have been alone.

Kris looked straight at my teary eyes. He drew closer and wiped a tear that fell. He gasped and returned to his position.

“Ah, I guess you’re okay now.” Kris almost stood up but reached for his shirt.

“Please, don’t go.” I buried my face again on my arm. I sighed and let go. “Sorry, I was selfish. You can go now.”

I heard the window door closed. I didn’t dare to look up. It was silent. And then I felt something on my shoulders. I looked up and saw Kris’ head on my shoulder.

“Yah! Don’t move. I need to sleep.” He grabbed my shoulder and drew it closer to his head.

“Why didn’t you leave?”

“Isn’t obvious? I need to sleep. So, don’t move.” Kris acted like a kid.

I laughed. I just sighed because of his actions. “Liar.” I whispered to him. “But thanks anyway.” He smiled and slept.

The whole room was silent but it was peacefully silent. Thanks to Kris.

 

Kai’s POV

I was worried about Hana. That’s why I entered our apartment and teleported to Hana’s living room. I was going to knock on her door but I heard someone else voice. It was Kris. I laid my back on the door and eavesdropped.

“I just don’t want to. I’m really happy that you guys entered my life. Thank you.”

I heard their conversation.

“Please don’t go.” I heard her saying that to Kris. There was a sudden pang on my heart. 

I wanted her to say that to me, too. I want to be reliable like Kris. I sighed and decided to leave. I can’t help but put a painful smile on my face.