CHAPTER 23

Two Moons: The Beginning

~CHAPTER 23~

"I hate him"

 

 

The whole freshmen students headed home to prepare for the trip. Daeji and I parted ways. Kai was with me the whole time.

“Is it alright if I ask Suho-oppa to come?” We were walking towards the building.

“Why? Do you want a chaperone?” Kai tried to tease me. I played along until I elbowed him. “Alright, alright. I’ll ask him. Geez, no need to hurt me.” He pouted.

“Thanks.” I continually walked. *I need someone right now.*

 

I was inside my room preparing my things. “Check!” I crossed out the a box on my pad. “Everything is settled. Oh wait, I forgot something.” I crawled on my bed then removed the pillow. “Ah, Two Moons...” I grabbed it and placed it on my shoulder bag.

All in all, I have a small midnight blue trolley bag and a shoulder bag. I changed into leggings and put on some top and grey cardigan. Then, I wore a converse.

I locked my apartment as I went out. When I turned around, I saw Xiumin, Chen and Tao wearing jackets. They had bagpacks behind them.

Xiumin narrowed his eyes then smirked. “See ya later.” Then, they headed to the elevator.

“Later?” *Oh no, you wouldn’t see me at all because I’m going to Jeju.* I made a face behind their back. “Meanie..” I pouted. I heard a clack sound on the door beside my apartment. It was Kai. Suho was already outside when I turned around.

“Suho-oppa!” I greeted him with a smile.

“Thanks for inviting me, Hana. I’m looking forward for everything.” He patted my head.

I felt secured when he did that. *You’re really like my brother.* I noticed that Kris wasn’t there.* “Where’s Kris?”

“I don’t know. But he already packed his things this morning.” Suho-oppa looked at Kai.

“Oh, I see.”

 

We were already at the gym gate. Suho-oppa, Kai and I were standing at a corner. Daeji came with D.O.

“Hana!” She hugged me tight. “I’m so excited!” D.O. was carrying her things. *Whoa, he’s so strong..* There was like two medium-sized trolley bag and three bagpacks.

“Daeji-ah, why did you bring so many things?! Are you going to stay there for a month?” I .

“Yah, a true lady has some needs.” She raised her eyebrows as she pinched my cheek.

*Then, am I not a true lady?* I made a face.

I saw Ahjussi going towards my direction.  “Ahjussi!” I liked the way I called him. It made me feel that I was close to him.

"Ahjussi?" Daeji curled her eyebrows. I forgot to tell her that I called him that name.

"Neh. He wanted me to call him Ahjussi and I kinda like it." I smiled at her and she made an "oh" face. 

"Daeji!" D.O. cried for help. Daeji and I turned and saw that one of the trolley bag opened. 

"My clothes!" Daeji ran and left me. I was going to help her when ahjussi just appeared on my side. 

“Hana!” He jumped and reached for my hand. Then, he waved it side to side.

“Yah, Myungsoo...” Kai scrunched his nose.

“What is it, Kai?” Ahjussi narrowed his eyes to Kai and grinned.

“Kai, why don’t you respect our principal?” I high-fived with Ahjussi.

“Tsk. You both make a good chemistry. He-he.” He rolled his eyes.

Two buses came. The first bus was made for the teachers. I saw Kris and T. Jung. Kris held her hand as she entered the bus. I felt that something was going on between them. Kris entered the bus. I continuously stared at the entrance. I saw Chanyeol smirking at me when he entered. *What's up with Chanyeol?*

“Hana, here comes your bus.” Ahjussi got my attention. I saw a bus with “I love Jeju!” sign on it. “Kai and the winners in the dance competition will use that bus.”

“Really?!” I looked at Kai. Then, I remembered Daeji and Suho-oppa. “Ahjussi, can Daeji and Suho-oppa come to our bus?”

He looked at Suho. *Ah, isn’t this guy the one who was with Kai-hyung during the days?* He got it. “Of course. Where is Ms. Daeji?" 

I pointed at the corner where she was helping scolding D.O. "Sure. Is she your best friend?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah, she is. She's really cool and nice." I smiled while looking at her. Ahjussi patted my head. 

"You're also nice that's why you have a nice friend. You just deserve it." 

"Thank you." I felt happy inside. He was really kind towards me.

 

I, Suho-oppa and Kai entered the second bus. Daeji was with D.O. and the other members of Kai’s team went inside, too.

I chose to sit in the back part where three persons can fit. Suho-oppa sat on my right while Kai was on my left. Daeji was having a chat with D.O. who wants some sleep. They were sitting on the seats one row away from us.

Kai was listening to his earphones while looking outside the window. It was raining outside. I was talking with Suho-oppa when I felt something fell on my shoulders. I realized that Kai was sleeping. I warmly smiled. I properly arranged his head on my shoulders. “There”

Suddenly, I felt that someone was watching me. I looked at side to side and I saw the girl from before. She was giving me a sharp look. *Okay?* I awkwardly ignored her.

“Do you have a problem, Hana?” Suho-oppa asked me. I casually shook my head.

 

The travelling hour was long. It was already dinner when we came to the port.

“Hana. Hana.” I could hear someone’s voice calling out my name. Then someone shook my shoulder.

“Yah, where here already....” I could hear Kai’s voice. I suddenly sat back. I realized that I was asleep. I rubbed my eyes. I noticed that I was sleeping on Suho-oppa’s lap.

“Omo.. Sorry about that.” I placed my hands in front then clasped them together.

“Ani, ani. It’s fine.” Suho just smiled at me.

“Yah, it’s not fine, hyung. Look, she drooled on your lap!” Kai pointed at his pants. “Ewww!!”

I tried to find the drool but I noticed that he was laughing really hard. “Kai!!!!” I ran and tried to catch him outside the bus. “You’re in big trouble old man!”

The other students and teachers were looking at the two of us.

 

Kris’ attention was turned to Hana when she happened to pass by him. At the time, he was talking with T.Jung.

 

“Ahh!” I tripped when I someone placed his foot in front of my way. I turned and I saw the girl from before. I saw the other students looking at my current state. They were laughing at me. I saw Rian and Yoonmi standing at a side. They had their sharp eyes on me.

“Here.” I looked up and I saw Kris. He was offering me a hand. I hesitated to accept it until he reached for my hand. He helped me stood up.

“Th-thanks.” It felt pretty awkward. It was the first time we talked to each other for a long time.

He shook his head and bent down. He got a handkerchief then he tied it on my knee.

“Oww” I twitched. I didn’t notice that I had a bruise.

He stood up then looked straight in my eyes. “Stop being careless.”

I was in my fantasy when I looked at his eyes. I gasped when he patted my shoulder. “The principal is looking for you.”

“Huh?” I turned then I saw Ahjussi waving at me. “AH-Ahjussi!” I ran towards him.

 

All of us borded the ship. We were on the deck smelling the sea. It was cold because it was already night. I was standing beside Ahjussi watching the moon's reflection on the sea when his secretary called for him.

"Mr. Principal, there's a call for you." The secretary gave him his phone. He looked at me and I nodded. He left with the secretary.

Now, I was all alone. Some students were already asleep inside the ship. There were a few of us on the deck.

"Hey." I heard a voice called out from my back.

"Huh?" I looked back and I saw Rian. She leaned her arms on the bar. *She was angry, right?* I awkwardly glanced at her.

"Stop doing that." She said without looking at me. For a moment, there was silence. "Do you like Suho-oppa?"

My eyes widened. "Mwoh?!" She didn't look at me. "I-I like him-" 

She quickly turned to me and gave me a glare. 

"I like him as a big brother." I smiled at her. *I knew I right all along.*

"Really?" She sounded as if she doesn't believe me. "Then, what where you doing on the restroom a while ago? I saw you both." She narrowed her eyes. "I have witnesses." meaning...Yoonmi.

"Restroom?" I looked at the sky and tried to remember the restroom. "Oh, you mean, the time when I gave him his clothes?"

"Mwoh?!" She placed her hands on her waist. "Why did you give him his clothes?! What did you do?"

*I don't understand why she's acting like that.* "I didn't do anything. Suho spilled some water on his pants and needed a change of clothes so I went back home and brought him to change. You know, I don't want him to get embarrassed." I explained.

"Really?" She asked me softly. She smiled. "That was... very nice of you to do." She sighed and messed her hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't believe. It was just all a misunderstanding."

*Rian's asking for my forgiveness?! It was like I won a lottery or something.* I felt fireworks inside me. "So it was just a misunderstanding... Actually, I never realized why you were so angry at me this lunch break. I'm glad everything's okay now." I looked at her and she did the same. I offered my hand. Rian looked at it and smiled. We shook our hands. 

"Friends?" I asked her.

"Friends." We smiled together.

 

 

Rian went back to Yoonmi who was sleeping on the seat inside the ship. On the other hand, I decided to use the restroom. It was a huge restroom and it had 5 cubicles and 4 faucets. I was washing my hands when someone entered.

"Oh Hana." She placed her bag on the space beside the sink.

I slightly bowed. "Good evening, Jung-songsaengnim." I somewhat felt awkward. She began retouching her face. "Have some date?" I gasped when she turned to me. 

She smiled and nodded. Then she started to retouch again. After that, she kept her things and walked towards the exit. She stopped and turned to me. "Do I look good?"

I can't deny that she was very beautiful. I nodded. "Who's your date?" I was curious.

"Kris." She smiled and went out.

I was left alone in the restroom. "Did I hear wrong?" I touched my chest and I could feel my heartbeat. It was fast and painful. "I don't believe this. I mean Kris would never date another girl, right? I mean I was rejected but why did he date Jung-" I stopped talking when I got of the restroom. I saw Kris standing in front of Jung-songsaengnim. His back was facing me.

"Are you ready?" Kris asked her. 

*oh god. I can't believe this.* Tears started to build up in my eyes. I went back on the restroom and looked at the mirror. *Am I not good enough?* Tears started flowing. I decided to get out of the restroom so I teleported away. I went to the deck.

 

Jung-songsaengnim looked behind Kris. "That's odd. I thought I saw Hana went back in the restroom again. Does she have indigestion or something?" She looked at the door.

Kris turned back and walked inside the restroom.  He found no one in there. *Did she saw us?*

"What is it?" Jung asked him. He shook his head. He went by the sink and he saw droplets. He touched it. *She cried.*

Kris sighed and turned to face Jung. "Let's go to our date." He smiled at her.

 

I was standing at the edge of the deck. I snizzed because it was cold. I continuously stared at the moon being covered the grey clouds. "Can't this day get any longer?" I leaned my arms on the bars and placed my chin in it. My heart was broken. *He didn't even give me a chance. He just rejected me.* "I hate you." I started to cry.

Then, out of nowhere I felt something landed on my shoulders. I turned and I saw Suho-oppa. He had that worried look on his face.

"Suho-oppa!" I cried and hugged him. I gripped him tightly.

"Cry all you want, princess." Suho patted my back. I felt my insides hurting. I was helpless. 

"Oppa... I hate him." I cried.

"I know. He's really naive. I hate that part of him." He said softly. "I understand why you asked me to come with you. It's because you found out."

I didn't know what he was talking about but I continued crying.

"He honestly think that she is his wife." 

I stopped crying. "Eh?"

Suho-oppa stopped on patting my back.He hurriedly released me and held my shoulders. He gazed at my eyes. "You didn't know?"