CHAPTER 1

Two Moons: The Beginning


-CHAPTER 1-

"On the snowy Road, how lucky can I be?"

 

 

December 24, 2013

I was standing in front of a tombstone; his tombstone. A year has passed but I still couldn't believe everything that had happened. I wish I could turn back time but I can't. I can only stop it.

"I really miss you. Why do you have to do that, huh?" Tears started to fall on my cheeks again. I couldn't remember how many times have I cried. I couldn't stop blaming myself.

"Kris..."

>Flashback~~~~~~~~

 

It was the first day of winter break when I first met him and when my life changed forever. I was walking through the icy road when I slipped and almost fell on my . Luckily, there was a man who caught me in his arms. I stared at his face and what I saw is something unimaginable. His eyes were deep yet passionate and his gaze was unbreakable. It was serious but something tells me he’s nice. We stared at each other for quite a moment.

It was pretty cold; really cold. The black scarf on his neck matches the color of his eyes. My heartbeat began to rise. I thought he noticed it that’s why he let go.

“Thanks.” I said offering my hand covered with glove.

“It’s fine.” The man turned away and left.

I never asked his name. But I remembered his face.

 

A week had passed but I never forgot him. Every day, I went to the same road wishing to see him again. But I never did.

It was the second week when I met him again, by chance. It was Friday at the coffee shop, Crème Coeur. I ordered a hot milk latte and sat by the window. I gazed at the outside because the snow started to fall. I heard a bell meaning a customer arrived. 

*It's him!* I suddenly spit out some milk. While blushing, I wiped the side of my mouth. 

He ordered some snacks and sat by the window, two back-to-back seats away from mine. He smiled at the waitress when she gave his snacks. “Thank you.” I heard his deep voice again. I'm sure I saw the waitress blush...ugh..

I thought that he might be 20 years old. A small , I’m just 16. I observed the way he drank his coffee, very sophisticated. I observed the way he chewed his food, very sophisticated. Everything about him looked cool, sophisticated and composed.

I thought I saw him looked at me when he drank his coffee. *Did he just look at me?!* But I shook my head. I thought I was wrong.

I looked at my watch, 9:00 am. *The library is open now.*

I stood up and passed by him. I slightly looked at his back and saw his well-organized hair.

“Gosh, even his back looks perfect.” I slightly giggled. I went out of the place and passed by the window. I felt that someone was looking at me. I thought I was wrong.

 

Kris’ POV

*It is her again.*

 

>Flashback<

I felt a different presence while I was walking kilometers away. I rushed and saw that it was coming from a girl.  She was walking on the slippery icy road.

*She’s gonna slip.* She almost slipped. Luckily, I caught her.

She stared at me for a long time. Maybe, this was her first time to see a “handsome looking” man like me. I stared at her eyes and I thought I saw something strange about it. *Strange.*

 I let go of her when I felt that she’s going to fall for me.

“Thank you.” The careless girl said while offering a handshake.

“It’s fine.” I ignored and left her alone.

>End of flashback<

 

*Is it destiny? I hope it’s not.* I drank my coffee as she passed by me.

The careless girl left the café. “It seems she has somewhere to go.”

I looked at her while making her way. I suddenly had the urge to follow her.